Survivor of Romulus
Hi all,

I am a Sci captain and i want to try out this new ship. So i have the following question.

If i want to get the fleet variation i will have to pay 4 module for it. But i have read on the forums that if you own the C-store varrient it will cost less.

So my question is how much module will it cost me and, which variant of the nova class should i get?

And is it a good choice ? ^^

thanks for your feedback !

Ps. long distant science vessel cost 2000 zen who does that work for that one?

Last edited by apple1988; 02-24-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
02-25-2013, 12:07 AM
The fleet ship module reduction is currently only applicable if the previously purchased zen store ship is a vice admiral/lieutenant general vessel. In those instances, you will only need one fleet ship module, as opposed to the standard four.

There is no discount of any kind for other vessels. So even if you have purchased the Rhode Island Refit from the zen store, no discount will be offered towards the retrofit or fleet retrofit.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
02-25-2013, 12:19 AM
I totally adore the Nova class myself (what a design!) and was thinking about buying the fleet variant. But I'm certainly not paying 20 bucks for fleet modules! That's insane!

Hope it works for you and you have to pay only one fleet module to get it...
Republic Veteran
# 4
02-25-2013, 12:28 AM
To obtain the discount on any fleet ship, you need to have purchased (read: not used the free vet token) the Tier 5 retrofit/refit version of that ship from the C-store.

Since there is no T5 C-store retrofit of the Nova, just a T2 Refit (Rhode Island), you cannot get a discount on the Fleet Nova. There is however a Retrofit Nova which is available for 200,000 fleet credits and does not cost any modules.
Commander
# 5
02-25-2013, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetiamatt81 View Post
I totally adore the Nova class myself (what a design!) and was thinking about buying the fleet variant. But I'm certainly not paying 20 bucks for fleet modules! That's insane!

Hope it works for you and you have to pay only one fleet module to get it...
You dont have to spend money for fleet ship modules.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
02-25-2013, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwhity View Post
You dont have to spend money for fleet ship modules.

Ah you mean to buy it on the exchange? Last time I watched one module was over 5 million EC. But you're right, that could be an option for someone who has a lot of EC.
Lieutenant
# 7
02-25-2013, 03:33 AM
I prefer the 200000 fleet cred version, i like the boff layout an it doesnt cost ship mods
Captain Cavillian
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
02-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katanic123 View Post
I prefer the 200000 fleet cred version, i like the boff layout an it doesnt cost ship mods
is the 200k fleet credits ship worth it ? it seems alot 200k :O and the nova is more tactical more then the other variation
Lieutenant
# 9
03-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple1988 View Post
is the 200k fleet credits ship worth it ? it seems alot 200k :O and the nova is more tactical more then the other variation
200k is easy enough to get, i prefer it to the other purely due to the sci bridge officer layout Cmd & LtCM are brilliant, much preferred to the ensign Sci on the 4 ship mods
Captain Cavillian
Career Officer
# 10
03-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Can't believe I am saying this, as the Rhode Island variant of the Nova class is my drop-dead favorite ship and I use my one frequently.

But as much as it pains me to say so, you'd probably be better off spending your money on a Vesta class - the three-pack if you are able to afford it.

I adore the Nova, it's a fantastic, nimble, little minx of a ship. Sadly, doesn't do anything that the Vesta can't do better (though the Rhode Island is, in my opinion, a better looking ship!) and that's without taking the Vesta consoles into consideration.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 03-04-2013 at 08:06 AM.