Career Officer
# 11
03-02-2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztempest View Post
One thing...if this really is the update we have been waiting for, and the Klingon faction will finally be complete...that is going to cause a storm of rage on the Federation forums...
Think of it that way: Klingons will feed on the rage of their enemies...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Captain
# 12
03-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst says I.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 13
03-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merryprankster2 View Post
"Hang in there" for what?
This was the question that popped into my mind as well. There's no actual details in the original post. I understand OP can't reveal anything. But since there's nothing to be revealed, I really think the thread shouldn't have been posted.
Career Officer
# 14
03-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Op could be the most epic troll on the forum... I mean if I really wanted to troll the KDF this is the kind of post I would do, promise the earth from a secret sauce.

It would be nice if it was all true though if anything this game needs to give me a reason to log in these days.
Captain
# 15
03-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Op could be the most epic troll on the forum... I mean if I really wanted to troll the KDF this is the kind of post I would do, promise the earth from a secret sauce.

It would be nice if it was all true though if anything this game needs to give me a reason to log in these days.
I would also advise caution. The OP may be trolling or have gotten trolled. Unless the OP's surce works for Cryptic, everything that was mentioned is easily found or can be easily guessed by anyone who knows how a development house works. It's stuff that I could come up with.

And back on topic, what the OP's has basically said is that a completed KDF faction is a stretch goal. Which could be sacrificed upon the Schedule Altar when crunch time comes. But the STO dev team is gonna try any way even if they kill themselves, figurative speaking.
Empire Veteran
# 16
03-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Common guys. Anyone who has played this game for a while -- or who also played Starfleet Command, knows Khemaraa is not a troll.

Emotional and passionate about the Klingon faction...yes. No problems there...but I would not characterize Khemaraa as a troll, and I have been in the same fleet, playing Klingon, with Khemaraa for literally years.

What Khemaraa has is likely someone who is in the industry -- these guys do talk amongst themselves backchannel, and it is likely that this individual picked up a tidbit here or there.

What the message really boils down to is this -- based on this source, there really is a solid grain of truth to the idea that the May update will be a major step forward for the KDF. It also is an indication that we will be getting a bit of attention from the Devs for a change -- this is all good news.

Now...to what degree we are going to get attention...that is an unknown. But still, some attention is better than...well...zero attention.
Career Officer
# 17
03-04-2013, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztempest View Post
Common guys. Anyone who has played this game for a while -- or who also played Starfleet Command, knows Khemaraa is not a troll.

Emotional and passionate about the Klingon faction...yes. No problems there...but I would not characterize Khemaraa as a troll, and I have been in the same fleet, playing Klingon, with Khemaraa for literally years.

What Khemaraa has is likely someone who is in the industry -- these guys do talk amongst themselves backchannel, and it is likely that this individual picked up a tidbit here or there.

What the message really boils down to is this -- based on this source, there really is a solid grain of truth to the idea that the May update will be a major step forward for the KDF. It also is an indication that we will be getting a bit of attention from the Devs for a change -- this is all good news.

Now...to what degree we are going to get attention...that is an unknown. But still, some attention is better than...well...zero attention.
I've never trusted Cryptic and I never will, I'll never forgive them for the death of my fun :p

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 03-04-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
03-04-2013, 02:15 AM
i happen to know a guy who knows a guy, who heard from a uncle who heard from a guy, that possibly someone who overheard someone on the phone talking in code that was possibly something to do with a guy who knows a guy. THAT I WILL BELIVE IT WHEN I SEE IT.
Captain
# 19
03-04-2013, 08:02 AM
I really am not expecting much of anything to be honest.

Where would Cryptic have any time for the KDF amid:

1. Huge Romulan content introduction (May)
  2. Updated Character Creator
  3. New UI improvements
  4. Release of more Fed ships as discussed by Al.? Al mentioned "maybe" the Regent's Negh'var was being "considered". There are no other mention of any KDF specifics this year - In a 1 1/2 hour podcast about upcoming ships.
  5. Possible Rep. System for PvP?

Just taking these I wouldn't be surprised if there is nothing this update. Honestly.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 03-04-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Captain
# 20
03-04-2013, 08:36 AM
I believe the OP. The OP is not a troll. I believe someone the OP knows told the OP some stuff about STO.

It's just the OP can't give any details. And so, you know, it's a matter of "hang in there for what?"

But we don't know what.

So it really just opens the thread up for the same old speculation of threads past, or attacks on the OP.

Not a fun thread because speculation is just that and attacks on the OP make me sad.