Career Officer
# 1 Worrying page
03-04-2013, 09:52 AM
http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Per...ws-E285012.htm

I'm starting to wonder why I bought a LT membership... might not be around for much more!

Although... I guess former employees are a bit biased but still... the consensus is felt at every level... lack of direction, restructuring, not sticking to an idea... Sound familiar? Read the page...
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2013, 10:01 AM
I've worked at places a hell of a lot worse (A Certain Huge Satellite TV company based in England for example) and they haven't gone under.
Career Officer
# 3
03-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Eh, I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Most of the people who feel compelled to post their negative opinions are those who feel slighted for one reason or another. I'm pretty sure corporate HR comes in and writes the shining reviews.

This isn't just PWE, every company has this happen. You have to take it all with a grain of salt and in fact most of it is probably useless. Kind of like the corporate pages on Wikipedia that are written by the corporate PR departments.

Like my grandmother used to say "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see."

Porthos is not amused.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-04-2013, 10:08 AM
If you look at it objectively I'm sure that there have been a lot more than 10 people that have left PWE since July 2012. What you're seeing here is only a percentage of the people that have left, and an unknown percentage at that.

From my own perspective (not based on empirical data or any other such knowledge) it seems like there are more people on now than there was a year ago. I'm not a business analyst but I'm sure that's a good thing.

Additionally the reviews are trending up. I don't think the game will die any time soon and as such I wouldn't worry about it. In the stead that it does die, well, life will go on and there will be other MMOs to play.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Chinese Company = What do you expect?
Republic Veteran
# 6
03-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Chinese Company = What do you expect?
What does Chinese have to do with anything last i checked money and greed were universal
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
What does Chinese have to do with anything last i checked money and greed were universal
Well in my opinion, the UK has very strict laws regarding how a company should function. This is not true of the United States or China based companies. From these reviews, there are things that would actually be illegal under EU trading laws.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Work ethics and such operate differently in China than U.S. or UK.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
03-04-2013, 10:24 AM
I read this article and was not too worried by it in relation to the future of STO.
First, many companies I know do "exit interviews" on employees to get feedback on what they as a company do well (and not) from someone who has little to nothing invested in being honest with said company anymore. This review site simply seems like a more public domain for the same sort of thing.
Second, look up the reviews of Cryptic Studios. Whilst PWE may own Cryptic, as an employer Cryptic are their own entity, and will have many of their own policies in place which have a much bigger effect than PWE will on STO in the immediate future.
Rihannsu
# 10
03-04-2013, 10:26 AM
people unhappy with their jobs? this is unheard of.

edit - also its PW office, not cryptic's. while i hope that people there like their jobs, do you honestly care? the game is not going to shutdown because some people in a different office, many of them former, are disgruntled.

relax.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission

Last edited by captainrevo1; 03-04-2013 at 10:31 AM.