Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 EPISODE: By Any Means bug
02-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Played the Episode "By Any Means" (story-line mission) in the Alpha Centauri Sector Block today, and noticed a bug in one of the sections.

Once you make it to the Hadrian System (sp?) you are tasked with infiltrating a Romulan base on an asteroid. Once your away team lands, you have TWO objectives:

Access the computer database.
Deactivate HQ defenses.

If you miss the console that deactivates the HQ defenses, and go straight to the computer database, you will be prompted by a BO to return to your ship, and continue onto the HQ.

Afterwards, the mission will continue on as normal, your objectives will alter as if you HAD deactivated HQ defenses, and you will be none the wiser. The rest of the mission will go swimmingly, and you will be quite happy once the last ship is destroyed and you are victorious!

That is, until you realize your episode cannot be turned in to the Admiral, because it has suddenly "re-wound" and your objectives are all the way back to the beginning of the Hadrian system.

I did this three times before I realized I hadn't deactivated HQ defenses, because the quest just lets you continue on!

In short: the quest needs to prevent you from beaming back to your ship until BOTH of the objectives have been completed. Otherwise people will continue on for 15-20 minutes only to repeat the quest over and over.

Bonus: if you're big into RP, you can always just say that bugged quests are temporal anomalies!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 01:36 AM
me too... 3x I kept giving it a chance to give me my skill points... AND stations Alpha and Beta are incorrectly marked as well in this scenario. So, at which one do I have to deactivate the HQ defenses, the first or second?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2010, 02:38 AM
if i had read this 2 hours ago, alot of romulans might still be alive. alas, i have to return there and slaughter them all one more time...curse you HQ defense computer! at least i found some rom ale, and a mollusk.

*edit* this kind of thing going unfixed is exactly the kind of thing that will **** people off and lose players. are you listening cryptic? i didnt think so...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-04-2011, 05:23 AM
I just ran into this bug last night (Jan. 3, 2011). I just returned to the game during the holidays after several months away. Although I'm pleased with a lot of things, lingering bugs like this one (almost a year later) are disappointing, even if I'm excited about newer things like the Featured Episodes.

Anyway, I'm glad this post showed up in Google so I understood what was happening.
Ensign
# 5
08-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Is still bugged yet. I in the thirt try now, for solve this.

Is an show stopper.
Career Officer
# 6
03-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Thank you. I was wondering what was going on