Captain
# 5501
03-03-2013, 07:19 PM
*On the Black Phantom, in space between the stars*

Voporak (musing to himself): All this death and destruction, *pours himself a glass of Romulan ale* all this war, they're always fighting. *he drinks it and walks to the window of his quarters* When does it end? When will they just put down their guns?

*He looks out the window to the stars, knowing that he is invisible amongst them*

I am just one of many, how could I ever stop the turmoil that exists here? There is nothing here but the firing of weapons, there is no peace like that which exists on this ship. *he goes to pour himself another glass when he realizes how hypocritical that statement sounds onboard the Phantom.*

*He puts the bottle of ale down and walks back to the window*

How could I possibly effect peace. Those that are slaughtering billions, they wouldn't listen to me, to reason. It seems to only possible way to end the bloodshed is with more bloodshed. *he sighs* Which won't happen if these lunatics won't work together. But perhaps that I could do, perhaps I could help make peace to some end, even if it is among only some. But it must start somewhere, somewhere...

OOC: This is just Voporak talking to himself, wondering if it's possible to end the fighting. He's not completely made of weapons.
Captain
# 5502
03-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
*On the Black Phantom, in space between the stars*

Voporak (musing to himself): All this death and destruction, *pours himself a glass of Romulan ale* all this war, they're always fighting. *he drinks it and walks to the window of his quarters* When does it end? When will they just put down their guns?

*He looks out the window to the stars, knowing that he is invisible amongst them*

I am just one of many, how could I ever stop the turmoil that exists here? There is nothing here but the firing of weapons, there is no peace like that which exists on this ship. *he goes to pour himself another glass when he realizes how hypocritical that statement sounds onboard the Phantom.*

*He puts the bottle of ale down and walks back to the window*

How could I possibly effect peace. Those that are slaughtering billions, they wouldn't listen to me, to reason. It seems to only possible way to end the bloodshed is with more bloodshed. *he sighs* Which won't happen if these lunatics won't work together. But perhaps that I could do, perhaps I could help make peace to some end, even if it is among only some. But it must start somewhere, somewhere...

OOC: This is just Voporak talking to himself, wondering if it's possible to end the fighting. He's not completely made of weapons.

Dorman: *Behind him* You know James' Grandfather said that frequently... As did I on many occasions. I still do... Their game for power wound up ruining them.. As the People's revolution happened.

*Looks at the bottle *

Save me some at least Captain.

I do have orders for you. You are to go to dry dock and continue the retrofit... Your vessel will be needed.
Captain
# 5503
03-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Dorman: *Behind him* You know James' Grandfather said that frequently... As did I on many occasions. I still do... Their game for power wound up ruining them.. As the People's revolution happened.

*Looks at the bottle *

Save me some at least Captain.

I do have orders for you. You are to go to dry dock and continue the retrofit... Your vessel will be needed.
*Voporak jumps a little bit, as he wasn't expecting Dorman to be there*

Voporak: You creep me out at times.

*he taps his combadge*

Voporak: Set a course for the nearest friendly base.

*He picks up the bottle and pours some into his glass and another, then hands it to Dorman. Voporak sits down*

Voporak: Why do they all fight. Why won't they sit down and talk without pointing a gun at each other's heads? If you came back with me to where I am supposed to be, you'd actually get a chance to sit down and have a drink, like this. After all, my ship's a small piece of my timeline.

*He drinks his ale*

Speaking of going back, I'd probably have to remove most of these upgrades before I do. Though not all, however. I'll admit, last time I did take back a little bit of tech with me, hence why my M.A.C.O. armor suits were up to date with this time when I got here.

*He sets his glass down and remembers what he said to himself earlier, that he'll probably get ordered to go on another suicide mission*

Admiral, what exactly am I going to be doing?
Career Officer
# 5504
03-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Through the rubble of the destroyed building tal blasts his way out of the rubble. As emrgency crews arrive he walks away. He brushes away a bit of rubble from his armor.

Tal: one to beam up

as he arrives on his ship

Officer: sir we have

Tal: quite ill come to the bridge when im ready.

meanwhile

Jacob sits at his terminal hacking into the files he was sent. Most are just about political people who are being watched and a few non major projects so far but he has run into heavy cryptation on the files.
Captain
# 5505
03-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
*Voporak jumps a little bit, as he wasn't expecting Dorman to be there*

Voporak: You creep me out at times.

*he taps his combadge*

Voporak: Set a course for the nearest friendly base.

*He picks up the bottle and pours some into his glass and another, then hands it to Dorman. Voporak sits down*

Voporak: Why do they all fight. Why won't they sit down and talk without pointing a gun at each other's heads? If you came back with me to where I am supposed to be, you'd actually get a chance to sit down and have a drink, like this. After all, my ship's a small piece of my timeline.

*He drinks his ale*

Speaking of going back, I'd probably have to remove most of these upgrades before I do. Though not all, however. I'll admit, last time I did take back a little bit of tech with me, hence why my M.A.C.O. armor suits were up to date with this time when I got here.

*He sets his glass down and remembers what he said to himself earlier, that he'll probably get ordered to go on another suicide mission*

Admiral, what exactly am I going to be doing?
Dorman: The holocaust in Romulan Space has given Preston the edge he needs as well as the support of the people... on both sides... So in short Preston himself bears us some resentment as he doesn't want to return to the old ways that dragged this galaxy into the muck and crap and decadence of the past.

In some ways I find that goal respectable but how he does it is just not right... Does he even plan to step down?

Would you want to go back if I told you that the time period you would go back to would lead to the very same problems in this one.. But a much more divided galaxy. Northman, the awakening of Newtypes, the subsequent mini conflicts and the Shadow war... No time is free of this kind of conflict.

Your vessel is going to be retrofitted to keep up with the combat here... in this time period...

You will then wait for orders as to your next mission..
Captain
# 5506
03-04-2013, 08:49 AM
*OOC: Time to give Sam and James a revelation of Preston's origins. Plus what he shares in common with James. Plus to move forward with the final battle coming up as we need to have at least one more engagement. *

*Damon sits there in quarters given to him...*

* He is disoriented and cannot move... he hears a whisper a loud and comely whistling.. a dwarf soon appears before him*

Dwarf: Ah hello there Damon...

Damon: That is not my name dwarf... Who are you...

Dwarf: tsk tsk tsk... Look at you so panicked and unable to move..

Damon: Why can't I move... What is happening to me...

Dwarf: You are a tool like me in the greater scheme of things.. A Cog *continues to whistle and hum a strange tune.. He walks up to Damon as he grips his phaser..... struggling to hold the violence within him...*

Damon: Don't make me unleash this violence.... *his voice trembling in rage he did nto have previously.*

Dwarf: No.. Not yet... Only when he has come to you grief on his face... muttering the phrase...

*In James' voice*

She is gone Damon... She is gone...

Dwarf: Your time in this tale is not finished yet young one.. So please wait for the appointed hour... and you will see where you fit in the grand scheme of things.

*His humming and whistling continue as he vanishes...*

*Damon returns to normal.. *

Damon: What... James.... what???

*Elsewhere Sam and James and Miranda (who has a bit of a bump already..) look over the blood sample given by Kela..*

*The moniter shows the results as the anaylsis is complete showing who it is but also the genetic markers of relation between Northman and Allen..*

Last edited by chrisedallen89; 03-04-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5507
03-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*OOC: Time to give Sam and James a revelation of Preston's origins. Plus what he shares in common with James. Plus to move forward with the final battle coming up as we need to have at least one more engagement. *

*Damon sits there in quarters given to him...*

* He is disoriented and cannot move... he hears a whisper a loud and comely whistling.. a dwarf soon appears before him*

Dwarf: Ah hello there Damon...

Damon: That is not my name dwarf... Who are you...

Dwarf: tsk tsk tsk... Look at you so panicked and unable to move..

Damon: Why can't I move... What is happening to me...

Dwarf: You are a tool like me in the greater scheme of things.. A Cog *continues to whistle and hum a strange tune.. He walks up to Damon as he grips his phaser..... struggling to hold the violence within him...*

Damon: Don't make me unleash this violence.... *his voice trembling in rage he did nto have previously.*

Dwarf: No.. Not yet... Only when he has come to you grief on his face... muttering the phrase...

*In James' voice*

She is gone Damon... She is gone...

Dwarf: Your time in this tale is not finished yet young one.. So please wait for the appointed hour... and you will see where you fit in the grand scheme of things.

*His humming and whistling continue as he vanishes...*

*Damon returns to normal.. *

Damon: What... James.... what???

*Elsewhere Sam and James and Miranda (who has a bit of a bump already..) look over the blood sample given by Kela..*

*The moniter shows the results as the anaylsis is complete showing who it is but also the genetic markers of relation between Northman and Allen..*
Sam: Well, this explains a lot.

James, I want to ask you a question. Do you really think Preston would accept peace unless it's under his rule? I mean, he betrayed us the last time we tried, and--

*Sam has the flash again, gasping quietly as it ends. She darts looks at James and Miranda, hoping they didn't notice.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 5508
03-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Jacob stands on the bridge watching the holo map. He knows something will happen. And it will be soon.
Career Officer
# 5509
03-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Jacob shuts off the holo table and heads for the captain's chair.

Jacob: report

Officer: nothing new reported on sensors or by patrol craft. No ships have entered the area since we arrived though.

Jacob: odd. There should have been a patrol or even a freighter ship by this time.

Officer: sir do we go in.

Jacob: not yet. We will wait a little still.
Captain
# 5510
03-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Sam: Well, this explains a lot.

James, I want to ask you a question. Do you really think Preston would accept peace unless it's under his rule? I mean, he betrayed us the last time we tried, and--

*Sam has the flash again, gasping quietly as it ends. She darts looks at James and Miranda, hoping they didn't notice.*
James: Preston I think does hold grudges. But for some reason I believe he is genuine but I don't think we can as we still don't know.. Our wish to return to the ways before all of this started is impossible.. I think he is trying to give the galaxy a way to form that thing he wants.. Unity.. No division... No petty games for more power.. If anything I think he knows us better than we know ourselves. We have to change and adapt to this new world... never return to the old ways...

The Peace he wants is one that is universal and all encompassing where war is of no need, unless it is to defend ourselves. But the thing is he does not want to lose what he has gained... Not his position of power but what has been done to achieve unity..

Look at how his troops act, in a united and strong formation... With such will and conviction... Plus with these Higher beings now in the galaxy I think he knows change is coming and wants to prepare for the time when we will need to protect it.

In a sense we are fighting each other for difference in ideology an old way of thinking and a new one that makes us afraid...

I would not sue for peace just yet.. I wanna know why all we have seen the last few months *coughs and has a slight tremor*

is transports and defense networks leaving their posts and heading to a region nearby old Iconian space.