Captain
# 261
03-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Little heads up for you... the Tholian captain has the ability to spawn a "Tholian Mine" .. when this mine explodes it will 1 hit kill anything within 10meters of its placement.

So.. be careful when using tholian captain mobs.
You can shoot the mine,... if you see it in time.

Also, the Tholian lieutenant have an KB ability that he enjoy to spam (like 4-5time in a row). This is really an annoying creature to fight
Survivor of Romulus
# 262
03-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Subcommander is one word.... *head desk* now to ponder why I though it was two... back to the editing I go.

*Fixed the "Subcommanders"*

*Added a varity of ships to X spawn

*Fixed another gap in the cave walls

Last edited by thay8472; 03-04-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Career Officer
# 263
03-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Wanted to add that many that I have played thus far have added new authors to my personal "go look for a mission by them when I have the time" list.

Whether I vote for you or not, and regardless of whatever star rating I give, I personally really appreciate all the entrants. Thanks for sharing them.

Peace, Love and Strawberry Ice Cream
- John
Survivor of Romulus
# 264
03-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Depths of Nukara Prime - v0.4

Fixed several more known invisible wall faults.

Fixed several more spelling and grammer errors (Ran the mission with @emp1591 correcting spelling and grammer errors.)

Fixed the Tholian patrol routes (Tholian cruisers in the first map were flying away from the player :S)
Lt. Commander
# 265
03-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Wanted to add that many that I have played thus far have added new authors to my personal "go look for a mission by them when I have the time" list.

Whether I vote for you or not, and regardless of whatever star rating I give, I personally really appreciate all the entrants. Thanks for sharing them.

Peace, Love and Strawberry Ice Cream
- John
Agreed. I've played through about half of them so far, and I'm having fun. It looks like a lot of creative effort went into each one. Makes me want to start combing through for any past missions some of the authors may have done.

On another note... thanks alot, Hippiejon. Now I have to go get Strawberry Ice Cream....

by @Skydawn - member of Starbase UGC
Captain
# 266
03-05-2013, 06:46 PM
I still don't know for the mission I'll vote (down to 3), but no matter the result, I hope that The Tangled Webs We Weave will be spotlighted. As a first mission, it's very good, and can definitely compete with foundry veteran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydawnknight View Post
On another note... thanks alot, Hippiejon. Now I have to go get Strawberry Ice Cream....
Bought some few days ago :p
Survivor of Romulus
# 267
03-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
I still don't know for the mission I'll vote (down to 3), but no matter the result, I hope that The Tangled Webs We Weave will be spotlighted. As a first mission, it's very good, and can definitely compete with foundry veteran.

Bought some few days ago :p
Aye, I like that one, to my knowledge its the first foundry mission to use the Klingon-Spoon head mirror alliance faction (who we will all agree upon went extinct XD o/ terrans o/)
Lt. Commander
# 268
03-05-2013, 07:56 PM
I normally look at a foundry from the 3 points of view below then rate them accordingly, however that said, im stuck in a choice between three of them and I have no diea what to pick.

Map Design: Depths of Nukara Prime (custom ship and caves)

Mechanics: The Second Light (Shuttle trip)

Story: The Tangled Webs We Weave

So, well, I am open to bribes, but other than that, I cannot honestly pick between the three.
Rihannsu
# 269
03-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastone21 View Post
I normally look at a foundry from the 3 points of view below then rate them accordingly, however that said, im stuck in a choice between three of them and I have no diea what to pick.

Map Design: Depths of Nukara Prime (custom ship and caves)

Mechanics: The Second Light (Shuttle trip)

Story: The Tangled Webs We Weave

So, well, I am open to bribes, but other than that, I cannot honestly pick between the three.
I use 5 factors, and rate each on a scale of 0 to 7. then look to see which mission scores highest.

Story concept: This is just the basic concect of the story, not the specifics of how it's written.
Story execution: This would be the specifics of how the story is written.
map designs: How well thought out are the map designs? This is more of a conceptual thing than a technical thing.
objective designs: How well thought out are the mission objectives?
technical merit: How dazzling was the skill of the author in using the foundry tools to create the mission?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 270
03-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Wow, you guys are too kind

I'm thrilled to hear you liked my mission! I'm really having a hard time deciding where to put my vote too... Second Light had that amazingly good shuttle segment, Depths had great map design throughout, 404 had great storytelling (though I'm biased since my good friend Doug Glendower wrote it )...

I think I may have to give the top missions a second playthrough this weekend. When the subject matter is that fun, there's nothing wrong with doing a little extra research