Captain
# 5511
03-04-2013, 10:58 AM
*OOC: Lets start the procedure*

James: Lets get this over with...

*Miranda is there watching the lid close over him as the procedure is going to start.. she holds her bump... She worries that something might go wrong.. She is walking absently to where the doctors are.. getting ready.*
Starfleet Veteran
# 5512
03-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
James: Preston I think does hold grudges. But for some reason I believe he is genuine but I don't think we can as we still don't know.. Our wish to return to the ways before all of this started is impossible.. I think he is trying to give the galaxy a way to form that thing he wants.. Unity.. No division... No petty games for more power.. If anything I think he knows us better than we know ourselves. We have to change and adapt to this new world... never return to the old ways...

The Peace he wants is one that is universal and all encompassing where war is of no need, unless it is to defend ourselves. But the thing is he does not want to lose what he has gained... Not his position of power but what has been done to achieve unity..

Look at how his troops act, in a united and strong formation... With such will and conviction... Plus with these Higher beings now in the galaxy I think he knows change is coming and wants to prepare for the time when we will need to protect it.

In a sense we are fighting each other for difference in ideology an old way of thinking and a new one that makes us afraid...

I would not sue for peace just yet.. I wanna know why all we have seen the last few months *coughs and has a slight tremor*

is transports and defense networks leaving their posts and heading to a region nearby old Iconian space.
*Sam is thinking about what James said. She knows he's right. She'd been trying to break the Militaristic nature of the Republic Military for years, but she always felt that a consolidation of power in the Galaxy would lead to more division in the long run than, say, a coalition. Sam's combadge chirps.*

David *Over combadge*: Bridge to Captain Allington.

*Taps combadge*

Sam: What is it? I'm a little busy.

David *Over combadge*: Sorry, Captain. Admiral Ramez is signalling for you. He says it's urgent.

If you want, I can tell him to wait.

Sam: David.

David *Over combadge*: Yes sir.

Sam: *Sighs* Stand by. *Taps combadge. Sam walks over to Andrews as he prepares the nanites.*

Do you need me down here? I have to take a call.

Andrews: Actually, Captain, I'd prefer it if you left. We're going to need room in here if anything does go wrong.

Sam: Right.

*She walks over to James.*

I'll be back as soon as I can. Admiral Ramez is asking for me.

Good luck.

*Sam leaves the Sickbay and starts walking to her Quarters. She taps her combadge.*

Allington to bridge, route Admiral Ramez to my Quarters.

David *Over combadge*: Understood.

*T'mar runs up to her.*

T'mar: Sam!

Sam: What is it, T'mar?

T'mar: I need to talk to you, privately. Do you have a minute?

Sam: I've got to take a call with Admiral Ramez, but I'll be free after that. Come on.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 5513
03-04-2013, 02:22 PM
At work will be back in a few hours.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5514
03-04-2013, 03:36 PM
*R.S.S. Republic, Sam's Quarters. T'mar is sitting on a chair opposite Sam as she's on the comm with Admiral Ramez.*

Ramez: Captain, we have new orders for you. You are to form up with the 2nd Fleet and pick 5 ships to accompany you into Beta Quadrant.

Sam: Admiral, with respect, if our orders are to investigate the asteroid collisions, I need more than 6 ships.

Ramez: Your orders aren't to investigate the holocaust, Sam. You are to proceed to the Lanco System to arrive at the earliest possible time.

Sam: Are we reactivating the Lanco III Gateway?

Ramez: No. We are planning to, but right now your mission is to investigate Lanco II.

Sam: Why?

Ramez: Because our Monitoring Station isn't responding, and the Iconian Supply Convoys have been reporting erroneous sensor readings - phantom ships.

Sam: you think they're mobilising?

Ramez: That's the assumption Command is working on.

Sam, if I could get more ships for you, I would. Command feels our energies should be focused on rebuilding our frontline with Preston's forces in the wake of the Borg-Synthesiser Assault and--

Sam: And they're too proud to admit that their need for military perfection is slightly outdated.

No offence, sir.

Ramez: None taken. You didn't say anything I hadn't already thought of myself.

If you can convince the Iconians to send any ships with you, do so, but remember; this is an intelligence-gathering mission. Do not engage the Synthesisers unless absolutely necessary.

Sam: Acknowledged. Anything else, sir?

Ramez: Yeah. Sam, Command knows you have Admiral James Allen on board. You are ordered to postpone his treatment until your return.

Sam *Angry*: WHAT?! Admiral, he has months left, AT BEST!

Ramez: I know, I tried to tell that to the Admiralty Board but they wouldn't listen. Sam, this isn't my decision.

Sam: Sir, Dr Andrews began the procedure 10 minutes ago. We can't stop now.

Ramez: Then you'll have to proceed with your orders as soon as possible.

Sam, the Board was adamant that you not wait for the treatment.

Sam: Admiral Ramez, if something goes wrong, he'll need emergency transfer to a Medical Ship.

Ramez: Then either take a Medical Ship with you, or make do with what you have. I'm sorry Captain, it's out of my hands.

Ramez, out.

*The holo-interface disengages, and T'mar looks at Sam, fury present on her face.*

T'mar: I can sense your mad.

Sam *Angry*: Your finely tuned telepathy tell you that?!

T'mar: Well... that and the fact you look ready to wring someone's neck like a sponge.

*Sam smiles before calming down.*

Sam: Sorry. Okay, what did you want to talk to me about?

T'mar: It's not important. You've got enough on your mind.

Sam: T'mar...

T'mar: *Sighs* I don't know. I've been...

I can't get Mike out of my mind.

Sam: Hawk?

T'mar: No. Michael Chester.

Sam: The former Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

*T'mar gives a short, sombre nod. Sam looks at her before understanding dawns on her face.*

How long?

T'mar: Nothing ever really happened, but...

The thing about telepathy is, you can always tell how much someone--

Sam: I meant how long has this been interfering with your duties?

*T'mar's face and tone go serious.*

T'mar: It hasn't. And I resent the implication.

Sam: T'mar, David looked at you on the Bridge. He looked concerned - more concerned than a Superior Officer, or a colleague would be. You two are close friends, and I haven't seen you two speaking in the Crew Lounge. David started talking to you because he saw this interfering with your work, didn't he?

T'mar: What happens off-duty--

Sam: Dammit, T'mar, I'm not asking as your Captain! I'm asking as your sister!

T'mar: And that gives you even LESS right to ask me that!

Sam: T'mar, I know how it feels to lose someone you love! I--!

T'mar: YOU HAVE NO IDEA! YOUR BOYFRIEND CAME BACK TO LIFE, SAMANTHA! THE REAL WORLD DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!

Sam: HEY! OUR DAD DIED, T'MAR! YOU WERE MY FOSTER SISTER, YOU'D ONLY LOVED HIM AS FAMILY SINCE WE WERE 5! I'D KNOWN AND LOVED HIM MY WHOLE LIFE!

And it wasn't YOUR best friend who took the credit for his death! So don't you DARE talk to me about loss! I've lost Dad, Matt, my Great-grandparents, AND more friends than you can COUNT!

I understand what you're going through. I do. I really do. Now tell me how long this has been interfering with your duties, or I WILL make this official and I WILL relieve you of duty until you meet a Counsellor! OR you can talk to ME about it, and I give you my WORD that it will not leave this room.

*T'mar glares at her, knowing that she's serious, and more than slightly resenting her for it.*

T'mar: Fine!

Dave noticed it a week ago. I didn't even realise it until then - until he confronted me about it.

Sam: A week? Dammit, T'mar!

T'mar: WHAT THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?! You were busy with your personal little quest to prove that your PEACEFUL ideals are so much better than Command's Militaristic Doctrine!

Sam: Don't make this about me! If you were emotionally compromised, you could have asked David for reduced duty-time on emotional grounds to get back in control!

T'mar: And who would be manning my post while I was busy getting my hand held?!

Sam: Ensign Lopez is more than capable! You KNOW that! You've recommended her for promotion several times in the past year!

T'mar: Please! It's not like I hold the monopoly on burying myself in my work and pushing away everyone's attempts to comfort me!

*Sam looks at her, before nodding in defeat.*

Sam: Point taken.

T'mar, you know you can talk to me about anything. That's what sisters are for. Look, we're both tired, and we're both starting to boil over. Get some sleep.

*T'mar nods and walks out.*

*Sam's tone is now annoyed.*

Allington to Santiago!

David *Over comm*: Santiago here.

Sam *Annoyed*: Commander, report to my Quarters.

David *Over comm*: I'll be there in 5. I just need to--

Sam *Annoyed*: NOW Commander. Commander Saph can take your post.

David *Over comm*: On my way.
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 5515
03-04-2013, 04:00 PM
*David enters Sam's Quarters after 2 minutes. Sam is looking out the window, hands behind her back. David's only seen her acting like this once - when she reprimanded Matt for insubordination after he refused to allow her to take the ship into a nebula in pursuit of an Orion Raider.

David knew that this only meant one thing - he's dead.*

David: You asked to see me, sir?

Sam *Annoyed*: I'd like an explanation, and it Damn well better be good.

*Unusually formal? That settles it. David's worse than dead - he's toast.*

David: Sir?

Sam *Annoyed*: T'mar just left, after telling me that you've known she's been emotionally compromised for a week now.

Is that true?

David: Yes sir.

*Sam turns around, her face saying one thing: "I am not happy. I am trying very hard to burn your face off right now."*

Sam *Annoyed*: 'Yes sir'?

And you didn't tell me this, correct?

Sam *Annoyed*: There it is again - 'yes sir.'

I'd appreciate an explanation, or to save time, should I just have you thrown in the Brig fo misconduct?

David: Permission to speak freely?

Sam *Annoyed*: Granted.

David: You are the Captain. Your responsibilities are to the ship and the command of any mission we embark upon.

My responsibilities are more complex. Following your orders is secondary to safeguarding your life, and the lives of the crew. The crew is my first and foremost priority. We don't have a Counsellor onboard so I have to fill in the emotional support role as well.

Lieutenant T'mar needed emotional support, and I have been offering it. And, with respect sir, it is none of your concern.

Sam *Annoyed*: When it interferes with the operation of this ship, it becomes my concern!

David: T'mar did have an emotional breakdown of sorts on the bridge that made me aware of the situation, but since that initial incident, she has given me no reason to believe that she's compromised too far to perform her duties. If she had, I would have relieved her of duty.

Sam *Annoyed*: Would you? I'm fully aware that you two have been spending time together - more time than one would expect between Senior and Junior Officers.

David: With respect sir, T'mar and myself were friends long before you promoted me to Lieutenant Commander, and I seem to distinctly remember you having similar discussions to mine with T'mar, with a young Ensign Santiago 10 years ago, when he was injured in the line of duty and was shell-shocked by the experience.

Sam *Annoyed*: Commander, we are NOT discussing Counselling techniques! You withheld information that could have affected the operation of this Vessel!

David: Sir, maybe you should check the log! I relieved T'mar of duty for 2 days after that initial breakdown, and have had her on psychiatric observation ever since! If her emotional state was interfering with her duties, I wasn't informed.

Sam *Annoyed*: That will be all, Commander.

Sam *Annoyed*: Expect to hear from me soon. I still have to decide if I'm going to put you on report, reprimand you, or take disciplinary action.

Sam *Annoyed*: Dismissed!

*David walks out. As the door closes behind him, Sam falls into the couch before rubbing her face, exhausted.*

OOC: Okay, if anyone wants to take over one of the ship's Doctors or maybe use one of their existing characters to talk to Sam here, go ahead. I'm going to bed. Be back at 16:00 UTC (16 Hours).

P.S. Like what I did with Sam here, or dislike?
My Fan Fictions

Last edited by ryan218; 03-04-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Captain
# 5516
03-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*David enters Sam's Quarters after 2 minutes. Sam is looking out the window, hands behind her back. David's only seen her acting like this once - when she reprimanded Matt for insubordination after he refused to allow her to take the ship into a nebula in pursuit of an Orion Raider.

David knew that this only meant one thing - he's dead.*

David: You asked to see me, sir?

Sam *Annoyed*: I'd like an explanation, and it Damn well better be good.

*Unusually formal? That settles it. David's worse than dead - he's toast.*

Sam *Annoyed*: T'mar just left, after telling me that you've known she's been emotionally compromised for a week now.

Is that true?

*Sam turns around, her face saying one thing: "I am not happy. I am trying very hard to burn your face off right now."*

Sam *Annoyed*: 'Yes sir'?

And you didn't tell me this, correct?

Sam *Annoyed*: There it is again - 'yes sir.'

I'd appreciate an explanation, or to save time, should I just have you thrown in the Brig fo misconduct?

David: Permission to speak freely?

Sam *Annoyed*: Granted.

David: You are the Captain. Your responsibilities are to the ship and the command of any mission we embark upon.

My responsibilities are more complex. Following your orders is secondary to safeguarding your life, and the lives of the crew. The crew is my first and foremost priority. We don't have a Counsellor onboard so I have to fill in the emotional support role as well.

Lieutenant T'mar needed emotional support, and I have been offering it. And, with respect sir, it is none of your concern.

Sam *Annoyed*: When it interferes with the operation of this ship, it becomes my concern!

David: T'mar did have an emotional breakdown of sorts on the bridge that made me aware of the situation, but since that initial incident, she has given me no reason to believe that she's compromised too far to perform her duties. If she had, I would have relieved her of duty.

Sam *Annoyed*: Would you? I'm fully aware that you two have been spending time together - more time than one would expect between Senior and Junior Officers.

David: With respect sir, T'mar and myself were friends long before you promoted me to Lieutenant Commander, and I seem to distinctly remember you having similar discussions to mine with T'mar, with a young Ensign Santiago 10 years ago, when he was injured in the line of duty and was shell-shocked by the experience.

Sam *Annoyed*: Commander, we are NOT discussing Counselling techniques! You withheld information that could have affected the operation of this Vessel!

David: Sir, maybe you should check the log! I relieved T'mar of duty for 2 days after that initial breakdown, and have had her on psychiatric observation ever since! If her emotional state was interfering with her duties, I wasn't informed.

Sam *Annoyed*: That will be all, Commander.

Sam *Annoyed*: Expect to hear from me soon. I still have to decide if I'm going to put you on report, reprimand you, or take disciplinary action.

Sam *Annoyed*: Dismissed!

*David walks out. As the door closes behind him, Sam falls into the couch before rubbing her face, exhausted.*

OOC: Okay, if anyone wants to take over one of the ship's Doctors or maybe use one of their existing characters to talk to Sam here, go ahead. I'm going to bed. Be back at 16:00 UTC (16 Hours).

P.S. Like what I did with Sam here, or dislike?
OOC: Reminds me of a more ballsy Janeway.. With a bit of Sisko.

I am gonna take over the procedure as I usually take the unsavory bits..

*The Procedure has started... The doctors are forced to rush it as they have no time... Miranda is confused.. and angry..*

Miranda: Damn idiots... Are they trying to kill him? We don't have time to rush off like this..

Doctor Mamora: I know you frustrations Doctor but we have to make sure this doesn't go wrong...

Doctor Zuniga take the moniter...

*The procedure is running and working for a time. *

*One of the attendants soon taps a few controls as strange nanites encompassed in some kind of gas into James' body... Making him convulse... and cough...*

Miranda: Doctor is he supposed to do that?

Mamora: **** he is going into some kind of shock... Whatever is in his system is freezing the virus but causing the Omega and its gas to flood the chamber... I cannot identify the substance...

Miranda: Damn... *She rushes to the door and forces it as most of the attendants evacuate... Except the Saboteur.. It removes its mask and changes its form into its blank and hideous form.. Sharp teeth..*

What the hell...

*As it lunges at her she takes a scapel and rams it into its neck and it falls over dead..*

*She gets up and can feel hr conciousness grow and James' as the gas grows more concentrated.. She grows weaker but she sees two tall children.. eyes deep metallic blue... A peaceful world and their power...*

What am I seeing...

*She barely reaches the emergency atmosphere cleanser to vent the gas... It starts clearing out the gas but they need to remove the nanites as the doctors rush the table and her... *

Mamora: Captain we had an intruder in the operation theater and a act of saboteur... The Admiral has rogue Nanites that we are clearing out.. but Miranda was exposed to what ever this substance this was.. It is organic but not a bacteria, virus, or protists I have seen.. This thing is accelerating the pregnancy and their Omega distributors... We need you down here... now..
Captain
# 5517
03-04-2013, 06:01 PM
*The Phantom nears the completion of its upgrades*

Voporak: So, Admiral, am I ever going to get to know what kind of stupidly dangerous mission I'm being sent on? Or do you just need me to bust up a few pesky comets that are blocking the view? As long as I get to do something this time, I'm happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
# 5518
03-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
*The Phantom nears the completion of its upgrades*

Voporak: So, Admiral, am I ever going to get to know what kind of stupidly dangerous mission I'm being sent on? Or do you just need me to bust up a few pesky comets that are blocking the view? As long as I get to do something this time, I'm happy.
Dorman: When your ship is finished... As of right now your vessel is only 35 percent finished...

Your mission is to investigate the area in the beta quadrant with many Meteors nearby..

*Dorman feels the power growing in his mind from elsewhere.. Tremendous power...*

Dorman: *Clutches his head and starts feeling faint*

*Across the galaxy Near the massive superstructure.. Angel Halo Preston, Gyunei, and Kela all start feeling the same effects *

Preston: *Smirks* Sooner than I would have expected... *Cringes*

*The Veil*

*Allen's essence feels something coming... something he expected..*

*OOC: If someone would take over Q that would be great..*

Last edited by chrisedallen89; 03-04-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Captain
# 5519
03-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Dorman: When your ship is finished... As of right now your vessel is only 35 percent finished...

Your mission is to investigate the area in the beta quadrant with many Meteors nearby..

*Dorman feels the power growing in his mind from elsewhere.. Tremendous power...*
Voporak: Let me know as soon as the retrofit is finished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
# 5520
03-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Jacob sits in his quarters trying to get a little rest. When his terminal beeps. He gets out of bed slowly. And walks over to it.

Jacob: yes.

Officer : sir we got a file from Colorado. It appears it was sent after he died.

Jacob: send it to my quarters.

Jacob sits down taking a glass of tea. And watch's the video play. In it it has all the information Colorado had gathered over the years a large amount about his info on the empire now republic.

Jacob: you where good old friend you where good.

Jacob: computer raise Mr Preston. I believe it is time we pay him a visit. Also prepare to send all these files to the delta quadrant bases if this ship is so much as fired upon.

Computer: channel open.

Jacob: Mr Preston. I believe you already know who I am. So I will give you a choice. Accept a cease fire or all these files will be sent to every power in the galaxy. I will await your reply. Admiral Jacob out.