Defs/Classes/Bridge_Officer_Romulan_Science.Class.Ms
Defs/Classes/Bridge_Officer_Romulan_Tac_Holo.Class.Ms
Defs/Classes/Bridge_Officer_Romulan_Tactical.Class.Ms
Defs/Classes/Bridge_Officer_Science.Class.Ms
Defs/Classes/Bridge_Officer_Science_Holo.Class.Ms
Defs/Classes/Bridge_Officer_Tactical.Class.Ms
Defs/Classes/Bridge_Officer_Tactical_Holo.Class.Ms
Its a little more than plausible now.
As has been mentioned, these are only for Romulan Boffs, which are already available from the Embassy.
Career Officer
# 272
03-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprcheese View Post
As has been mentioned, these are only for Romulan Boffs, which are already available from the Embassy.
And again, for the second time in three pages, the following is the most relevant part of the post that I linked to earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonkingi View Post
*wanders in thread*

Its a little more than plausible now.

Found some folders - Species_Icons_Player_Romulan
Only 2 player races listed, Romulans and Remans.

No additional Faction UI styles found, number of art stubs for other UI parts.

Romulan Class Icons
http://i.imgur.com/tazGQ6M.png

Romulan BOffs from the Embassy do not use the Romulan class icons that are linked to above, nor is it likely that they would use icons titled "Species_Icons_Player_Romulan"... note the Player Romulan in that file path.

Also, the Embassy BOffs don't explain the Romulan_X_Holo BOffs in that list.

Honestly, you would think that people would at least read the last few pages of a thread before posting.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain9prime View Post
IDIC fail.
Captain
# 273
03-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkindness2 View Post
Romulan BOffs from the Embassy do not use the Romulan class icons that are linked to above, nor is it likely that they would use icons titled "Species_Icons_Player_Romulan"... note the Player Romulan in that file path.

Also, the Embassy BOffs don't explain the Romulan_X_Holo BOffs in that list.

Honestly, you would think that people would at least read the last few pages of a thread before posting.
But if that happened, we would have complete mutual understanding!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
# 274
03-04-2013, 07:36 PM
The Believers just don't want to hear doubts... but I still bet no new faction. FvR and KvR added to PvP? No bloody way.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Career Officer
# 275
03-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
The Believers just don't want to hear doubts... but I still bet no new faction. FvR and KvR added to PvP? No bloody way.
Honestly, I'm reserving judgment in regard to the May update bringing a Romulan faction; it has no real bearing on me either way, since I've never had much interest in the Romulan Empire as a whole, and would probably only create one character in the faction as a lark/to see what it's like.

However, the available evidence from the game files, as presented above, along with extensive effort that Cryptic is going to to hide/hype information about this release, seems to point to playable Romulans of some sort, whether as a faction or as members of the current factions.

Also... who's to say that they're not working on a revamp of the PvP system? Something to make a generic Faction v. Faction queue, where there are no specifics on either side and it's filled by whichever factions reach the correct number of players first? Or perhaps 3-way factional PvP? We just don't know enough to draw any firm conclusions at this point, but the available evidence seems to point to playable Romulans.

Edit: Also, saying "But the game files are just for BOffs on New Romulus!" is pretty clearly wrong at this point, considering the player class icons and the presence of holographic BOff options just like the other two playable factions have. That's really what I'm railing against, here - people who are either being willfully dismissive of the available evidence, or people who are being too lazy to read the available evidence even when it's presented in an easy to access format.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain9prime View Post
IDIC fail.

Last edited by darkkindness2; 03-04-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Rihannsu
# 276
03-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Ker'rat as a bloody 4-way free for all where you never know what is going to decloak behind your for an alpha strike? YES PLEASE! It sounds amusing.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 277
03-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Ker'rat as a bloody 4-way free for all where you never know what is going to decloak behind your for an alpha strike? YES PLEASE! It sounds amusing.
And then you can Alpha Strike the Alpha Alpha Strikers? GIVE NOW!! Going to Ker'rat in is shuttle is going to become even MORE fun!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
# 278
03-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Even with the files, I still don't think the faction is coming in May. It just means they're working on it.

I think May is probably the story that will lead into the playable faction.

Last edited by tuskin67; 03-04-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 279
03-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Ok, you're right, I was hasty in dismissing things out of hand.

Hmm, inspecting the code again, it seems that playable Romulans do indeed appear plausible. I still believe they'll be Federation-only, myself. Time will tell.
Captain
# 280
03-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
And then you can Alpha Strike the Alpha Alpha Strikers? GIVE NOW!! Going to Ker'rat in is shuttle is going to become even MORE fun!
A funny vid would be to have a Fed ship - alpha striked destroyed by a de-cloaking Bop

The Bop pops off some fireworks - then gets blown up by an alpha strike by a decloaking fleet defiant - more fireworks

then the fleet defiant gets blown up by an alpha striking de-cloaking Romulan ship!