Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
KDF faction. http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_O...rpedo_Launcher

I managed to get a critical success on this assignment but gained NO additional rewards. All I got was single torpedo launcher.

The assignment awards nothing BUT the torpedo launcher. Period. No commendation xp, no skill/expertise points, no dilithium, no energy credits. At the very least it could award a second torpedo launcher.

It falls in the Military category of assignments so I think it should award at least a little Military CXP and maybe the standard 5 dilithium, more on critical success. It's pointless to even allow this assignment to complete as a critical success when nothing extra is awarded.

http://imageshack.us/a/img521/9799/s...3030421502.jpg
Every time Arc is downloaded, a poodle spontaneously combusts. Please support the cause and download Arc today.
Rihannsu
# 2
03-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Actually critting that gives a purple torp rather than a blue torp, iirc. Absolutely identical in every way but base value, so a vendor will pay you slightly more for it.

Unless, of course, it got changed at some point and gives the purples on both success and crit now. Only did it once recently and critted.
Career Officer
# 3
03-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssargon View Post
Actually critting that gives a purple torp rather than a blue torp, iirc. Absolutely identical in every way but base value, so a vendor will pay you slightly more for it.

Unless, of course, it got changed at some point and gives the purples on both success and crit now. Only did it once recently and critted.
Nope. There is only the very rare version of the Hargh'peng Torpedo Launcher. No other version exists. I have about 5 of these torps (1 on each of my ships) from that assignment and this was the first time I got a critical success.

So the bug I'm reporting is that the assignment gives no additional rewards upon critical success, or any rewards for a normal success. All you get is the torpedo launcher and nothing else. It could at least give some skill/expertise points with more on a critical if anything but it doesn't.

Federation players have to obtain this torpedo launcher from the episode "The Doomsday Device". KDF have to get it from this (rare) doff assignment.

http://www.stowiki.org/Hargh%27peng_Torpedo_Launcher
Quote:
Modifiers: Hargh'peng Torpedo Launchers do not come with modifiers suffixes, as other weapons normally do, as they are already a Very Rare item.
Every time Arc is downloaded, a poodle spontaneously combusts. Please support the cause and download Arc today.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 03-05-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Rihannsu
# 4
03-06-2013, 06:08 AM
I'm kinda surprised you can crit this one actually. It's pretty much a direct success/fail thing.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Career Officer
# 5
03-06-2013, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
Nope. There is only the very rare version of the Hargh'peng Torpedo Launcher. No other version exists. I have about 5 of these torps (1 on each of my ships) from that assignment and this was the first time I got a critical success....
Hmmm, then how do you explain the 'Blue' Hargh'peng torp my KDF character has. (He has several 'Purple' Hargh'peng torps as well)
Career Officer
# 6
03-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Hmmm, then how do you explain the 'Blue' Hargh'peng torp my KDF character has. (He has several 'Purple' Hargh'peng torps as well)
No idea. But like I said, that was the first time I got a critical success on that assignment and I have several purple quality Hargh'peng torps on my character. I've never seen a blue one.

http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_O...rpedo_Launcher
You can see as a reward it's only a purple quality. You must have gotten yours some other way. You could also post a screen shot of it.

Oh wait I know how you got it. KDF can craft a blue quality Hargh'peng torpedo launcher of various marks starting at Mk III and up to Mk XI, but it looks like you can only craft blue qaulity.

http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_craft...pedo_Launchers

The fact remains though, the doff assignment to get it only gives a purple quality version.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 03-06-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Rihannsu
# 7
03-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
They must have changed the reward then. I know for sure that mission used to grant blue pengs. That being the case, perhaps it's time the KDF gets something the Feds don't; MkXII pengs on crit.

Pipe dream, I know.
Lieutenant
# 8
03-12-2013, 05:11 PM
The klingon version allways was Blue while the Fed Version allways was Violet, thats no bug its cryptic.
Career Officer
# 9
03-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalkerhawk View Post
The klingon version allways was Blue while the Fed Version allways was Violet, thats no bug its cryptic.
Then how do you explain me having about 4 or 5 of these all purple quality? Can't craft purple quality. Only way to get it is from this doff assignment.

Thinking about it now I believe I may have gotten 1 or 2 of these in blue quality from the first couple times I did this assignment and sold them to a vendor since they weren't purple quality. I did this assignment about 7 times in the span of about a week. (strange that the assignment is "Rare" but shows up that often).

To be honest this is the first time I 'noticed' I got a critical success. Usually I just claim the reward without looking at whether it was a critical or not.

What gets me, and the reason for my confusion, is that, how the heck can I get 4-5 critical successes out of about 6-7 times on this? I'm sure I used whatever best doffs I had each time and didn't use the same exact doffs every time. Heck, I've done 4 CXP turn ins at the same time on a single character all at 20% or more critical success rate and not a single completed as a critical. Over and over I turn in CXP, as well as various other doff assignments, with 15% or more critical, some over 20%, and most of them are just normal successes.

Still, at the very least this assignment could give CXP. I hate how some assignments are like that.

So my memory could be faulty and you guys could be quite correct. I just don't see how I can get that lucky though lol.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 03-13-2013 at 07:20 PM.