Rihannsu
# 21
03-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
there aren't always notes; the devs are notorious for slipping in stealth changes, or accidentally changing something they didn't intend to change, but if you've tested it and it works, i believe you...
I went ahead and retested on two toons. One Captain with Efficient, one without. I noted power settings, removed all Efficient BOs, then added them back on one at a time. At each step I compared the game stats with my Calc, trying various power settings, etc. and everything matched up, so everything stacks as expected. No changes.

Quote:
...love that power calculator by the way, very handy
Thanks!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Lieutenant
# 22
03-03-2013, 12:49 PM
I mispoke. I didn't calculate Efficiency into my sheilds.

In fact I'll put what I did to figure my stats out. People can tell me if I did that correctly.

Shields:

+5 Atrox
+5 Borg Shield
+1.8 Assimilated Module?
+5.45 109 W.C.Potency (These skills are the points value /20)
+8.4 Shield perfomance (these skills are the points value /10)

25.65 Shields at 100 settings

For reference Efficiency is points /6 at 25 and /12 at 50 Scaling backwards. Should be 15(Eff.Cap.)+30(4xEff.Doffs)+20(Consule)+99(skill) =164; 27.33...@25, or 13.66... @50, etc for my engines, weapons, and auxillory.

My only problem I think is how it adds different skills. Does it add them first and round(if it does) or would it round first and then add? And how does it round if it does?

Do I have 25.65 or (Worst case scenario?):

5+5+1+5+8=24+100=124?

Quartermaster BAtter varian (space)

Does the stated 100% reduction in the above space skill mean I can use red matter capacitor as much as I want?

Medic
Nurse

And does anyone know how much improvement the Increased Nurse gives for the in combat regen below 75%

I'm trying to think if anything is worth giving up for the increased torpedo speed from the projectile weapons officer.

Last edited by aftulus; 03-03-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Rihannsu
# 23
03-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftulus View Post
In fact I'll put what I did to figure my stats out. People can tell me if I did that correctly...
I don't know what formulas you're using, nor am I sure what exactly your stats are based on the numbers you're posting. What I can tell you is that my Ship Power Calculator (click on He-Man in my signature) has all formula and values included. All you have to do is plug in what you have and at what level, and it'll show you the results. Have you given that a try?

BTW, as for rounding, STO only rounds on the display. In other words, when it comes to the background math that STO uses calculating results, it uses the actual value (to an unknown decimal point), but it (nearly) always rounds down for the sake of the UI.

So for example (with made up numbers), if you have weapons set to 100, but have +18.95 worth of combined bonus power (from whatever sources), you're UI will only display 118. However, even though both would only show 118, a +18.95 is still better that +18.25, and would be visible in the weapon UI as a slightly higher damage amount (by a couple of points).

That's why in my Calc, I show you (in the blue boxes) what the UI will display, but also the actual Raw Power Gains (in the orange) so you can see the "actual" differences.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Rihannsu
# 24
03-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftulus View Post
Quartermaster BAtter varian (space)

Does the stated 100% reduction in the above space skill mean I can use red matter capacitor as much as I want?
I didn't even know such a Quartermaster existed. I thought to buy one to test out, but the cheapest was a Common (-50% CD Rate) KDF officer for 500k. Cheapest Fed was Uncommon (-65%) for 1.43M. There was a Rare (-80%) Fed for 14M, and the least expensive VR (-100%) was KDF for >61M and Fed 74M.

I can't say if it works on the RMC or not, and at those price, I won't be purchasing to test. If you happen to find out, let me know. Heh.

Rihannsu
# 25
03-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
I didn't even know such a Quartermaster existed. I thought to buy one to test out, but the cheapest was a Common (-50% CD Rate) KDF officer for 500k. Cheapest Fed was Uncommon (-65%) for 1.43M. There was a Rare (-80%) Fed for 14M, and the least expensive VR (-100%) was KDF for >61M and Fed 74M.

I can't say if it works on the RMC or not, and at those price, I won't be purchasing to test. If you happen to find out, let me know. Heh.

considering those prices, i'd say it probably does affect the RMC, and if it does, cryptic be fixing that soon enough
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Rihannsu
# 26
03-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
considering those prices, i'd say it probably does affect the RMC, and if it does, cryptic be fixing that soon enough
My thoughts exactly. Heh.