Career Officer
# 11
03-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Lens-flare Trek can have reptiles with tails, horns, wings or whatever and call them Gorn as much as it wants.

This game still has the right Gorn.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2013, 01:31 AM
No no no... I'm not a fan of the JJ Trek universe either but I actually really liked the look of these Gorn. Not only that but I thought graphically they looked great... I think you guys are taking this a bit seriously. The reason I think this game is not doing as well as it should because the developers lack imagination... maybe these could have been sub-species that evolved on the Gorn Homeworld?

But it wasn't really the design choices but more the graphical difference that made me go "cool!"... at least its something new!

Either way... I SO want to visit the Gorn Homeworld!
Commander
# 13
03-05-2013, 01:31 AM
The Gorn in this game are such badasses they'd make those alternate Gorn run back to their swamps so fast that they'd out run light from a lens-flare
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooiue View Post
The Gorn in this game are such badasses they'd make those alternate Gorn run back to their swamps so fast that they'd out run light from a lens-flare
True, but its still a possible idea for sub-species on the Gorn Homeworld when Cryptic does an Adventure Zone there... I deffo wanna see more love for the Gorn.
Career Officer
# 15
03-05-2013, 01:49 AM
The Gorn have several different castes, including the Warriors we saw in TOS (not yet in this game) and the guys from the techno caste that are not yet represented in STO either.
Based on their description in the STO novel they are clearly indentifiable as Gorn they're just all muscle and incredibly fast.
Gorn in the prime timeline do not have tails.
I'd love to see more of those.

The JJ-Gorn...those aren't even identifiable as Gorn unless someone puts a sign next to them.
Also the Gorn in TOS "Arena" were able to turn Spock's tricorder into a bomb by remote from 1,200 yards (almost 1,100 meters) away.
That takes brains.
That JJ-Gorn are all mouth and tail, no brain.

Also note that there are several different types of JJ-Gorn...including a "mutated" version in other words this is some kind of comic-book-style game.
Career Officer
# 16
03-05-2013, 01:56 AM
Do we know these are in the new movie? The link is talking about the new game unless i missed it.

And OP thanks for the link but you are totally wrong IMO, the Gorn in STO look far more like an intelligent reptillian race than these Alien v Predator type of Gorn shown. I also believe STO is doing just fine and is about to get a major boost in numbers and interest.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-05-2013, 02:38 AM
There is nothing wrong with the Geckos in STO
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
03-05-2013, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s1701 View Post
Get that joke trek off the forums lol

That is not trek its star wars gone wrong
+1 lol

OP, the Gorn are suposed to be very intelligent and the way the STO Gorn looks it kinda' emphasizes that.
Those Gorn you posted look like the most intelligent thing they could do is chew on a rock. ...which is actually not that suprising comming from J.J. Trek.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Commander
# 19
03-05-2013, 03:18 AM
Oh god, nooooo, STOP IT JJ ABRAMS

The only problem I have with STO's Gorn is that, when fully buffed up, they're merely fat rather than super f-ing ripped like I'd imagine badass space lizards to be.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Captain
# 20
03-05-2013, 05:19 AM
Hmm. They look more like jacked up Velociraptors than Gorn to me. Am I meant to believe that these things can fly ships or use computers?

They look good enough I suppose, a typical snarly lizard beast that I'm sure many people will enjoy blasting in the face with their comically huge phaser hand cannon.

Personally I feel they look too primitive.

EDIT: Typos
Tion Sorahn - Federation Engineer
- - - - -
STB Channel Member
- - - - -
"Something everyone always forgets, all grind is optional"

Last edited by coupaholic; 03-05-2013 at 05:24 AM.