Ensign
# 1 Ingame voice chat interference
03-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Hello,

I was trying to make my MIC work in STO, but the team-mates I was trying it with said they receive strong static from me with voice hardly getting through, even though as I tested it in Windows recorder the input is loud and clear.
Yesterday one guy in PVE tried to communicate by voice-chat with the rest of us, but I heard pretty same static as the guys back then when I was testing my own MIC with. Strong static, voice absolutely not understandable because of the heavy static interference.

When trying to find solution on the forum I found out I'm not the only one having this problem, however I didn't find the reason for this problems nor the possible solution mentioned anywhere, just a "workaround" by using a 3rd party voice chat client.

What should I do to get rid of the static? Is it something wrong with my in-game settings?
Or is it a "bug" in game?

Also, is there some button to test my MIC ingame so I by myself can hear the result? I didn't find any test button yet, so I had no idea how the others hear me and what static they mean, untill I met that other guy yesterday whose voice-chat had a static as well.

Thanks

Last edited by pmarek; 03-02-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Ensign
# 2
03-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Doesn't seem this section is in sight of anybody from support.
Well, I'll probably have to submit a ticket.

As soon as I find where....
Empire Veteran
# 3
03-05-2013, 03:53 AM
How did you even get it to turn on period? I tried listening to a team mate the other day with max volume and never could hear her. Not even a single bit of static.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Ensign
# 4
03-05-2013, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
How did you even get it to turn on period? I tried listening to a team mate the other day with max volume and never could hear her. Not even a single bit of static.
If you heard nothing, then most probably she had her MIC volume at 0 or not turned on at all.
Or maybe she simply forgot to push the open MIC button if she was using the default mode.

By default the MIC is supposed to work on a push-to-talk basis, so you have to hold the MIC icon next to the chat bar or 'N' key on your keyboard to speak. The MIC can be opened permanently, but for that you have to select that option explicitly in game settings (and I am not sure if that isn't available just for veterans).