Starfleet Veteran
Hello all.

The player skill Starship Threat Control provides that points in that skill increases the threat of your attacks and provides a small form of passive damage resistance as compensation.

The threat scaling consoles modify your threat generation (According to the console information it adjusts AIThreatScale). I can see that having a threat increasing console would give you a slight increase in damage resistance.

Would a threat decreasing console lower your damage resistance? I'm unable to determine this and would really appreciate if someone who knows can share the answer.

Thank you!
Rihannsu
# 2
03-05-2013, 08:07 AM
You can check your resists (from threat, armor etc) on a space map (eg. outside esd) under "u" -> "stations" -> "passives." My resists were not modified when equipping and removing either type of [th] console. Not sure if working as intended, but for now the resist does not seem to be affected.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
03-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Very good point. I equipped one and didn't see a change. Thank you!!
Captain
# 4
03-05-2013, 08:15 AM
It does not. Conversely a threat increasing console won't increase your resists.

The consoles don't modify the Threat Generation skill, they simply apply a threat modifier to attacks and abilities.
Lieutenant
# 5
03-05-2013, 08:25 AM
These consoles self activate while in battle. So, you would have to check when they are active. How to tell when they are active, Simply watch your beams or cannon fire, when they are active you will see a outline around your beam or cannon fire. Note; Some weapon types are harder to tell than others and the most pronounced one that I have found is Antiproton.