Career Officer
# 11
03-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkindness2 View Post
Right, I was just using [Acc] to illustrate the point that the dual-type weapons only have two modifiers. There are any number of modifier combinations that are more desirable than the second proc, in my opinion.
Absolutely agree. I don't use a power drain build myself (something to consider if you're on Polarons and not doing so already as someone else posted) but just can't afford 40/50mil plus of upgrades so I stick to the hybrids. My main thing was the damage resist debuff, and if I get a power drop it would be a nice bonus.

I should point out I also fly a Mobius, which was my main STF beat the hell out of people ship but I fly it more for fun now with the Chroniton DBB/BO3 combo to still get some high DPS and AP cannons/Chroniton torps. It doesn't do as much DPS as my pure AP power build but I can get away with the off STF in it.

Proud member of the STO Academy Fleets
Check out the Public Service Channel for in-game services
Member of the The Data Network
Captain
# 12
03-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
The biggest difference between DCs and DHCs, though, is number of shots per firing cycle - the DCs have more shots in each firing cycle, so they have more chances to crit, proc abilities, and things like that.
Actually, according to the last several threads involving DC vs DHC the crit/proc chances are per cycle and not per shot, nearly identical numbers coming from either type, with DCs coming in lower on DPS, as you said thanks to the drain mechanic.
Career Officer
# 13
03-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jornado View Post
Actually, according to the last several threads involving DC vs DHC the crit/proc chances are per cycle and not per shot, nearly identical numbers coming from either type, with DCs coming in lower on DPS, as you said thanks to the drain mechanic.
Huh, guess I was slightly behind on my math update. Thanks for pointing me to the new information! Well, that definitely pushes the balance to favor DHCs due to the drain mechanic and the way their firing cycles work versus DCs.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain9prime View Post
IDIC fail.
Empire Veteran
# 14
03-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
In the end, it basically boils down to personal choice/build dependence when deciding between DCs and DHCs, since they do the same DPS in slightly different ways.
Actually, no.
DHCs have an additional +10% CRTD build in, which together in how the power drain works and how tac buffs benefit larger base damage more then lower base damage makes them all out better in every case. And since the proc change is per firing cycle, there is simply no reason at all to use DCs. DHCs outperform them all the time.
The only field where DCs are vastly superior is how much less they cost on the exchange

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 15
03-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Actually, no.
DHCs have an additional +10% CRTD build in, which together in how the power drain works and how tac buffs benefit larger base damage more then lower base damage makes them all out better in every case. And since the proc change is per firing cycle, there is simply no reason at all to use DCs. DHCs outperform them all the time.
The only field where DCs are vastly superior is how much less they cost on the exchange
And this is exactly why my Defiant has purple Mk XI DC with [Acc]x3 that only cost 75k each.

Proud member of the STO Academy Fleets
Check out the Public Service Channel for in-game services
Member of the The Data Network
Captain
# 16
03-05-2013, 12:45 PM
I have my defiant outfitted with two phaser DHC's and 1 quad phaser cannon on the back 2 phaser turrets and fore and aft has also an tricobalt torp installed.
Phaser DHC have Ctrd x3 also the turrets has x3 acc don't know if the build is good but it works for me....
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
03-05-2013, 03:34 PM
I have a very rare power transfer console on mine is it worth having or better to have hull plating? I can see my weapons recharge fast but if i have two would they stack and keep my energy from depleting as fast?
Captain
# 18
03-05-2013, 03:38 PM
One minor note, the dual proc weapons are worth it for your turrets but not your DHCs IMHO.
Career Officer
# 19
03-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Actually, no.
Yeah, like I said above, I was behind on my updated math on the procs per shot versus procs per cycle information. I didn't mention the innate [CrtD] on DHCs because I thought that it was a known quantity.

Still, this doesn't change my opinion (from beta on) that DHCs and similar weapons (Wing Cannons, Quad Cannons) are the way to go.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain9prime View Post
IDIC fail.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Valkarie14,
I was going to say, if you're dropping weapons power, you need to have skill points in Electro Plasma Systems. The EPS regulator does the exact same function. I recommend at least 6 skill points in Electro Plasma Systems. One hint - if you have any points in Weapons System Performance, I recommend taking them out - the benefit for those points is minuscule compared to the amount of weapons power received. Better to spend those points in warp core potential, warp core efficiency and EPS.