Captain
# 71
03-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrarydecision View Post
Simple. It goes into my pockets. Given that there are only two of us who got there in the first place. That money is in turn reinvested in such fine things as lockbox ships, DOFFs to feed the station, other things to the feed the station, a money bin, a blinged out gold limo. Not gold played, /entirely/ made of gold actually.

Which is to say: We bumrushed T5 military as a tiny fleet for the explicit purpose of lining our pockets with EC while we could. There are no broken backs of countless poor lower level peons. There is only me, my fleetmate, and a few friends with a character or two who never really contributed to the fleet and were only in to get a goody or just to be in SOME fleet.
If that is true, then I wonder why middle and small fleets are complaining that starbase grind is too insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Lt. Commander
# 72
03-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Probably because it was horrifically expensive and time consuming.
Lieutenant
# 73
03-05-2013, 08:43 AM
How do I find you in game as I would like to buy a fleet ship
Lt. Commander
# 74
03-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woppy1 View Post
How do I find you in game as I would like to buy a fleet ship
Just send a mail or /tell to me ingame at @atheonyirh.
Lt. Commander
# 75
03-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helixsunbringer View Post
I still find it hard that a fleet with 4 or less people is capable of getting a tier 5 shipyard that quickly. My fleet has about 20 active members and we still don't have a Tier 5 shipyard.
All it boils down to is resource. It is possible with large enough pocket book (or LOTS of playtime)

Remember EVERYthing in fleet takes X resources which can be obtain via ingame. Dilithium can be traded via Zen (especially with fluctuating market lately from 88 to 95 dil per zen) if you play the market, you could easily convert 6k zen to 30k dilithium profit with 5 dil/zen profit. (or 6k at a time selling at 91 and buying em back at 90)

The rest would be getting fleet marks and buying resources to fill out the rest.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Lt. Commander
# 76
03-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasheria View Post
All it boils down to is resource. It is possible with large enough pocket book (or LOTS of playtime)

Remember EVERYthing in fleet takes X resources which can be obtain via ingame. Dilithium can be traded via Zen (especially with fluctuating market lately from 88 to 95 dil per zen) if you play the market, you could easily convert 6k zen to 30k dilithium profit with 5 dil/zen profit. (or 6k at a time selling at 91 and buying em back at 90)

The rest would be getting fleet marks and buying resources to fill out the rest.
Pretty much. Getting the Fleet Marks was the biggest pain, really. But that's where grinding No Win Scenario for months on end trying to conquer it comes in...
Ensign
# 77
03-05-2013, 02:19 PM
I have purchased a couple of ships from 1st Aquarius and I thoroughly recommended it. Lifetime access is totally worth it, it's cheap really all things considered. And those wondering how a couiple of guys could have a Tier V Shipyard? You should see their Leaderboard, the numbers are insane.
Lieutenant
# 78
03-05-2013, 02:48 PM
the main stopping point for all the fleets is dilithium... it is the only resource that can get days or weeks or longer to fill up since 99% of the fleet never donates to it.
Simply cuz you already only get 8k max per day and u need it for billion other things.
So only the fleets that use zen for dil actually progress fast. Others can expect 3-5 years for a t5.
Lt. Commander
# 79
03-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qinnux View Post
the main stopping point for all the fleets is dilithium... it is the only resource that can get days or weeks or longer to fill up since 99% of the fleet never donates to it.
Simply cuz you already only get 8k max per day and u need it for billion other things.
So only the fleets that use zen for dil actually progress fast. Others can expect 3-5 years for a t5.
I'm sure there might be zen involved but is that wrong?

But.... a smart "stock broker" could have play the market in the last 4 weeks and run off with a killing!

I remember we could get 1z per 85 dil, it went as high as 95-96 (I sold at 96 once) and now it is back down to 88.

If you play the market (some do), you could easily made dil that way (or zen)

I also notice that Key prices jump from 1.3 to 1.4 mil. I did a few myself. There was someone selling keys at 1.3 while the market was 1.386 I bought them and repost it at 1.375 and made 75k in 1 minute (5 times) The exchange market can be profitable if you know how to use it.

People will always be quick to "undersell" other poster to make a quick buck and if you are lucky and/or watching the exchange, you can make some extra EC out of it. Luckily in dil exchange you can put in buy and sell order at different rate and hope it will sell (which I usually do within 2-3 dil difference and walk away with a tidy profit.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Lt. Commander
# 80
03-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Some fleets are asking WAY TO MUCH just for a T5 ship TBH... I had one on the other night asking for 4 million... Wish I had taken up the offer, however 25 million, thats a joke! Its a game, and just shows how greedy us humans can be.

No wonder its a dog eat dog life on this planet, it makes you wonder how we lasted so long.

www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet