Career Officer
# 81
03-02-2013, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Actually, I take it back: It didn't do that before. Had to shift+refresh to force it. I was seeing the original page, but now getting something else. I'm seeing what you're talking about. Several of those ships don't match the profiles of any in game, either:

Large silhouette near the light (also a second one bottom middle of the fleet): Nose like a D'derix, but with narrower, straight-edged wings and nacelles dropping below the belly.
Faint shadow leading the fleet (also a second barely visible in the light): Could be a Mogai at an odd angle, but appears to have shorter wings and a heavier fuselage.

The text at the bottom is also changed, "Our shadow will dim the stars."
You know, I thought it resembed the Obex (Iconian ship we saw in 'The Return'. The ship that advised us to ""Look upon us and tremble."

"Look upon us and tremble." and "Our shadow will dim the stars" - not disimilar in context.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 82
03-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Maybe she found new allies, and have them come back with her. It's Sela after all.
I seriously doubt she could ally herself with the Iconians, except if she plan to betray them. It's kind of obvious the Iconians want to take their revenge against the galaxy, either by exterminating or enslaving us, or whatever. And a false treaty with the Tal Shiar will not stop them to do as much to the Romulans.
As a master of deception, Sela will probably see that to. So except if she plan to use them, or if she was brainwashed, she will not comply.

Maybe the Iconians, where they are, have ennemies, like the Undine and the Gekli. maybe she found those people and helped them, and in return they will help her.

I don't know for sure if she will be with, or against the Iconians. She may even come back to make a temporary alliance with the Fed/KDF, reluctantly. She will do whatever she think is the best for the Empire.
Career Officer
# 83
03-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjgee View Post
That countdown timer is really getting on my nerves. All it is doing is counting down to another huge disappointment.
Yeah, horrible that they either want to add new content or announce/talk about that content with the STO playerbase.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Lt. Commander
# 84
03-02-2013, 10:57 PM
I know a lot of people are saying that "It has to be something other than a new FE" and I understand why people think that, but would it really be that surprising to have that kind of disappointment coming from Cryptic?

I mean I'm not trying to be a cynic here, I love what they do and have done for the game but there has been moments of disappointment. I don't hate them for that, they've satisfied my hopes more than they have disappointed me, I just wouldn't be that surprised if it was an epic FE, and maybe it's just me, but I felt the Romulan FE was the best one yet and I took these teasers as building up the anticipation to continue that story line. Continuing that story wouldn't be a typical FE to me, it's something I've been craving since playing the Romulan Episodes.

That's just my opinion and I'm not going to say that I'm 100%, or even 50% sure it's not going to be a Romulan faction. I just think it's going to be an epic (and possibly game changing, story wise) featured series with kick ass rewards.

Again, that's just my opinion. I expect something cool from Cryptic, but nothing on the scale of an faction.

My expectations: Epic Romulan/Iconian FE with awesome rewards
My Dream: They actually live up to their claims when first bought out by PWE to improve the Klingon faction AND add a Romulan faction.

on a side note, I'm against a mini-faction for the Romulans. It would feel so cheap to go that route, I'd rather let the KDF get their long deserved content and get a full Romulan faction than get a lock box with Romulan gear.
Captain
# 85
03-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Whatever in the heck it is, it's big. Cryptic has never promoted something like this before, so they're obviously feeling confident.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
It appears by my calender that the coundown is ending on the first day of spring.
Captain
# 87
03-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
It appears by my calender that the coundown is ending on the first day of spring.
Springtime For Sela?
Career Officer
# 88
03-05-2013, 02:54 PM
One of them looks like a D'Deridex anda Valdore did the naughty, another like a mini Scimitar.

/hopes for some Romulan STFs
//hopes even harder for some new DOFF packs
----
Captain
# 89
03-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
I just wonder if the countdown timer ending on the first day of spring has any meaning.
Lieutenant
# 90
03-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Cap increase, a little bit of story line, and of course New STF's! That is whats in your May update! Also, if your real lucky they will do the KDF stuff too.