Former PWE Community Team Lead
Quote:
Literary Challenge #40 : Redux
This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #40 : Redux.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
03-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Sweet. I definitely know where I'm going with this one. The "Academy Days" challenge seems like it would be a good place to show one of the most difficult revelations Alyosha ever had to deal with in his life--and quite frankly, that Starfleet didn't exactly handle too well either.
-----------
Do you like story-based Foundry missions? If so, please check out my mission, "Finding Lascaux."

Ensign
# 3 One question...
03-05-2013, 02:09 PM
One simple question

Does it have to be Strar Trek related?
A pail light at dawn. A touch of white horizon. Shadows of light, a brotherhood of elites.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2013, 02:19 PM
What time is this challenge going to end? It's always two weeks since the last challenge, but I keep missing the deadline by minutes.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5629511#post5629511

Literary Challenges Entries- Star Trek Online: Lord English
Dramatis Personae of Star Trek Online: Lord English
Rihannsu
# 5
03-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Oh, wow. Which one to write about. I've got SO many stories that I could tell. From Bryan's Kobayashi maru test, to when he was named the offical captain of his first ship, the Shi Khar class U.S.S. Nemesis, to how he got the Athena...The list goes on.
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Captain
# 6
03-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Guh!!! Muh!!! Buh!!! Fwuh!!! I've been wanting to go back and do some of these as i've been wanting to write more, but there are two main ideas i'm kicking around, one is a light telling of the Origin of Wraith(my actual character) and the other is back story for the Captain delving more into the respectful dislike of a certain Admiral J. Sadly i can't do both but i'm still kind of torn on which to do. Any preferences from every one else on which they'd rather see?

I was so excited about this challenge i actually posted the above in the Challenge Thread instead of here. Either way, i'm looking forward to doing this one.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 7
03-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch36 View Post
One simple question

Yes

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 8
03-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Oh...dear.

While I am normally grateful for having the freedom to choose, this is a case of me having waaaaay too many things to choose from. I'm guessing I'll probably do an iteration of Mirror-rorriM, Hidden Agendas or Undeniable Evidence, or I might just go into some backstory with Academy Days. I dunno, there are too many good choices here. This, on top of my ongoing decision as to whether to keep the literary adventures on the old Da Vinci, or to switch to one of my newer in-game ships. Has anyone else felt the need, or managed, to do a ship-switch for literary challenges?

Last edited by ambassadormolari; 03-05-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Captain
# 9
03-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Yes, in my various entries, My crew being primarily section 31 is often switching ships for testing new technologies, or even as a necessity for survival all depending on the story from testing out a Defiant class heavily modified with Romulan technology to commandeering a Mobius temporal destroyer during a fight with tholians. As long as the story can justify it, i'd use any ship i have in game and so far it seems to work pretty well when i do it.
Captain
# 10
03-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch36 View Post
One simple question

You do know this is a Star Trek game, right?
Say NO to mandatory Arc!