Lt. Commander
# 21
03-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Eh... just as a counter point, Species 8472 can use consoles with their stupidly long fingers and three legs. So why can their not be variations of the Gorn... Humans have plenty of variations, ethnic backgrounds etc... could this not be the same for the Gorn?

To be blunt, if the Gorn were that intelligent, they would not be slaves to the Klingon's currently. Even the Federation has beat the Klingon's into a stalemate... are you telling me the Gorn Hegemony are incapable of this? Bull$^$?

I certainly would not let my intelligent, ancient and culturally based race be taken over by a bunch of battle-mad barbarians and technological inferiors. The Klingon's get most of their technology by stealing it from other races they have conquered and still use old ships like B'Rel and K'tinga in battle.

No wonder they get easily sidestepped by the Federation every single time... DS9 Season 4 anyone?

Lets not even count the time when a whole Fleet of Klingon Ships were incapable of overcoming one Cardassian space station... says better things about the Cardassians to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYePPtRE9eQ

Last edited by warbird001; 03-05-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Career Officer
# 22
03-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Eh... just as a counter point, Species 8472 can use consoles with their stupidly long fingers and three legs. So why can their not be variations of the Gorn... Humans have plenty of variations, ethnic backgrounds etc... could this not be the same for the Gorn?
How many of those human varations have tails?
The STO novel explicitly states the Gorn don't have tails, it's not really that complicated.

Oh, BTW we're talking about the fat that the size of the JJ-Gorn mouths leaves no room for a brain of any credible carpacity..

Quote:
To be blunt, if the Gorn were that intelligent, they would not be slaves to the Klingon's currently. Even the Federation has beat the Klingon's into a stalemate... are you telling me the Gorn Hegemony are incapable of this? Bull$^$?
The Federation has not managed to contain.
The Klingons were were not willing to go to war with the Feds.
In "Yesterday's Enterprise", the Klingons did and they won.
What does that tell you?

Quote:
I certainly would not let my intelligent, ancient and culturally based race be taken over by a bunch of battle-mad barbarians and technological inferiors. The Klingon's get most of their technology by stealing it from other races they have conquered and still use old ships like B'Rel and K'tinga in battle.
Let's see, "battle-mad barbarians" tells us you're unwilling to actually discuss the Klingons as a species.

"The Klingon's get most of their technology by stealing it from other races", I'd like to get an actual source for this, or is it just some BS you came up with?

Quote:
No wonder they get easily sidestepped by the Federation every single time... DS9 Season 4 anyone?

Lets not even count the time when a whole Fleet of Klingon Ships were incapable of overcoming one Cardassian space station... says better things about the Cardassians to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYePPtRE9eQ
HMM, the Fleet you talk about was only a minor part of the forces the Klingons sent into Cardassian space since the rest was still fighting the Cardassians at that point.
Gownron says as much when he orders them to stop their invasion afterwards.
The Klingons sent about a 3rd of their military and they basically wiped the Cardassians off the map in a week.
Do you actually watch Star Trek?
Career Officer
# 23
03-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Empire Veteran
# 24
03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Look at these bad-bois!

http://www.startrek.com/article/happy-gorn-day-yall

Enough said why this game isn't doing so well...
Thats WAY too lizard.. Gorn as they are now are as they should Thats like Star Trek trying to make a Hoor movie.. Thats JJ Abrams for ruining the Star Trek Legacy!!!
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Empire Veteran
# 25
03-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archofwinter View Post
At the very least, add tails as a option in the costume shop.
Gorn alreayd have tails.. but are stubs... (and for GOODNESS SAKE) Look up pictures of the Gorn on Google.. look for antonamy. You willsee THEY ARE NOT WALKING PETASAURUSES!
It DOES Need Attention

Empire Veteran
# 26
03-05-2013, 06:42 PM
My General Thoughts:

I am VERY Dissapointed here! Gorn are intellegent to the point of making a tricorder a bomb from 1,100 meters away (Spock's Tricorder)They are NOT unhumane, preostoric dinosaurs that barley can hold a weapon. Thye don't have tails, they aren't quote on quote "clothless" all the time and I can go on and on. VERY off canon. Also said.. I would NOT know this was a Gorn unless someone told me! (Credit from posters and self influence)
It DOES Need Attention

Lt. Commander
# 27
03-05-2013, 06:49 PM
I totally and utterly agree with the poster above. I just thought they looked "cool" as a pre-evolved form of Gorn that existed on their homeworld. I agree that Gorn, for me are the only thing that make the Klingon's worth playing. If I could get a playable Federation Gorn, I would jump at the chance.
Empire Veteran
# 28
03-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
I totally and utterly agree with the poster above. I just thought they looked "cool" as a pre-evolved form of Gorn that existed on their homeworld. I agree that Gorn, for me are the only thing that make the Klingon's worth playing. If I could get a playable Federation Gorn, I would jump at the chance.
Yah I know... but remember.. the Gorn were "beagan" in 5000 B.C. they evolve quick to be as smart as they are. But I assure you they were never as JJ Abrams made them. Infact... I think he just wanted a monster so he killed the Gorn attitude by insulting the actual Gorn. .
It DOES Need Attention

Rihannsu
# 29
03-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blagorm View Post
Yah I know... but remember.. the Gorn were "beagan" in 5000 B.C. they evolve quick to be as smart as they are. But I assure you they were never as JJ Abrams made them. Infact... I think he just wanted a monster so he killed the Gorn attitude by insulting the actual Gorn. .
just because the game is made in abram's trek, doesn't mean they're abram's gorn
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Captain
# 30
03-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
In "Yesterday's Enterprise", the Klingons did and they won.
What does that tell you?
The needs of the plot outweigh the needs of the realistic.