Career Officer
# 11
03-06-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm sorry but clearly can't see where you are going with this. General IP search covers about 90% of those information given. How ever. If you feel that you aren't safe. Jump of the web. You are just as entitled to not make any purchase as you are to do it. I for the other hand have no restrictions to PWE making my purchases just a little bit safer.
Survivor of Remus
# 12
03-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dllmmo View Post
I'm sorry but clearly can't see where you are going with this. General IP search covers about 90% of those information given. How ever. If you feel that you aren't safe. Jump of the web. You are just as entitled to not make any purchase as you are to do it. I for the other hand have no restrictions to PWE making my purchases just a little bit safer.
Why would PWE need my real name,physical address and phone number if all I need to create a PWE account is a valid e-mail,when paying with PayPal is by e-mail and only virtual goods are purchased?
Not even mentioning the fact that when things do go wrong,they aren't liable in any way if they screw up.....so again,why would they need my personal information?
Career Officer
# 13
03-12-2013, 07:05 PM
...ianal, but i'd assume it's something like "to shield themselves from chargebacks or legal action should someone attempt to use a stolen credit card or paypal account". I haven't read the small print, but it's possible that creating a payment profile in such a fashion constitutes a digital signature, which would (at least in part) free pwe from liability should someone use stolen monies to buy stuffs from them. They could be like "check out this digisig! we thought it was "x" handing us his own money, so we're not giving it back...add another count of fraud to "identity thief's" list of charges for damages."

of course, i could be wrong and pwe is who's behind all my recent sock and underwear disappearances. i will say (as i just did in a couple other threads) that i've given pwe a bunch of my money, and have never been overcharged or defrauded. also, that i've long set up a payment profile (what you're complaining about), and have not recieved any junk mail, solicitor phone calls, or even e-mail spam because of it: which tells me that they probably don't sell their info.