Captain
# 21
03-06-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
BTW, just a heads-up to anyone who may be interested...my follow-up to the events of LC #36 for Alyosha has been posted under the title "The Truth in the Illusion."
That was an absolutely fantastic read I thoroughly enjoyed it, the characterizations, the interactions, the emotional displays, all truly amazing

Quote:
marcusdkane--I think I'm starting to see a potential use for Marcus in a framing story for my response to this challenge. It's too bad collaborative entries aren't permitted (as far as I know) where both characters' inner thoughts can be captured because I would've absolutely loved to see this from Marcus' perspective, but I will still at least want to ask you some questions as to how Marcus will react to various things he hears, or impressions he may get of a young Ensign Strannik. What do you think?
That sounds like a fantastic idea ^_^ Given our conversations, I think it would be safe to say that you have as good an understanding of Marcus' traits as any, so I would most certainly trust you to write him using your own judgement, although of course, I am always happy to answer any questions about him I think that if you read his and S'rR's' biographies, that should give a good indication into his thoughts, and if you wish to set it at that early point in Alyosha's career, this cast list shows the Endeavour's Senior Officers and the actors who would portray them, incase there would be any interaction between them.

Last edited by marcusdkane; 03-06-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Captain
# 22
03-06-2013, 06:17 AM
@ cmdrscarlet: A nice entry, and good to see Daikar enjoying better health than his Mirror Counterpart

@ Jonsills: That was a fantastic piece. Really explored the diversity of Starfleet, and it's always a pleasure to see a drone unleashed

@ designationxr337: A really fun entry, a really nice read

As for my own entry...
Well, given the freedom of all the past LCs, I have a lot of options... All I can say, is that I'm going to make use of them Watch this space...
Captain
# 23
03-06-2013, 07:52 AM
@ marcus - Thank you! I had this one waiting because I was simply going to start writting on the past LCs in an open thread. That's why it was posted so fast after LC 40 was introduced. I had a hard time trying to figure out what would Kathryn have as a "prize" to keep. Then I recalled my utter joy playing the game in an Exeter (and hoping Cryptic will release a higher Tier or even a Fleet version) and went from there. I definitely wanted it to be something simple - my original thought was to transfer the Captain's chair as something she would carry with her from ship to ship. Also, Daikar *is* a character I want to keep using and thought it off putting to kill his Mirror-self as a way to introduce him. So, the last line was a way to bring some irony to the universe

Cast list:

Kathryn Beringer - Rachel Nichols
Daikar - Billy Zane

@ jonsills - Great piece and entertaining

@ designationxr337 - Excellent discriptions of EH technology and it's potential use - especially related to an in-game bug, brilliant merging of that with fiction to explain it!
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene

Last edited by cmdrscarlet; 03-06-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Added feedback
Captain
# 24
03-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
That was an absolutely fantastic read I thoroughly enjoyed it, the characterizations, the interactions, the emotional displays, all truly amazing
Thanks! BTW, I got a few typos and weird phrasings cleaned out of the story. I think we'd probably better move the rest of the discussion of that story out of this thread so as not to clutter up the LC discussion, though.

Quote:
That sounds like a fantastic idea ^_^ Given our conversations, I think it would be safe to say that you have as good an understanding of Marcus' traits as any, so I would most certainly trust you to write him using your own judgement, although of course, I am always happy to answer any questions about him I think that if you read his and S'rR's' biographies, that should give a good indication into his thoughts, and if you wish to set it at that early point in Alyosha's career, this cast list shows the Endeavour's Senior Officers and the actors who would portray them, incase there would be any interaction between them.
Thanks! This will pre-date S'rR's, though, and the scenario I have in mind should not involve the rest of the Endeavour crew.

There will come a point, though, when I think Alyosha is going to say something that I won't be able to predict Marcus' response to. I will definitely ask you about that part, and don't be surprised if you get other questions from me as well.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 25
03-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
@ marcus - Thank you! I had this one waiting because I was simply going to start writting on the past LCs in an open thread. That's why it was posted so fast after LC 40 was introduced. I had a hard time trying to figure out what would Kathryn have as a "prize" to keep. Then I recalled my utter joy playing the game in an Exeter (and hoping Cryptic will release a higher Tier or even a Fleet version) and went from there. I definitely wanted it to be something simple - my original thought was to transfer the Captain's chair as something she would carry with her from ship to ship. Also, Daikar *is* a character I want to keep using and thought it off putting to kill his Mirror-self as a way to introduce him. So, the last line was a way to bring some irony to the universe

Cast list:

Kathryn Beringer - Rachel Nichols
Daikar - Billy Zane
It'll be interesting to see how things go with them Am still working on my entry at the moment... Billy is one awesome actor
Captain
# 26
03-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Thanks! BTW, I got a few typos and weird phrasings cleaned out of the story. I think we'd probably better move the rest of the discussion of that story out of this thread so as not to clutter up the LC discussion, though.
Okay

Quote:
Thanks! This will pre-date S'rR's, though, and the scenario I have in mind should not involve the rest of the Endeavour crew.
Oh for sure, I just think it might help to read her bio, as it shows another aspect to Marcus' personality

Quote:
There will come a point, though, when I think Alyosha is going to say something that I won't be able to predict Marcus' response to. I will definitely ask you about that part, and don't be surprised if you get other questions from me as well.
No worries, feel free to inbox anything you're not sure on
Captain
# 27
03-06-2013, 10:27 AM
OK...just PM'ed you the basic plot I have in mind. If you think Marcus wouldn't be on that kind of mission, just let me know. I'm also going to respond to what you said about "The Truth in the Illusion" in that thread.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-06-2013, 05:50 PM
This is perfect! I knew what I wanted to write next anyway, and there's a past LC that sets up exactly that premise. Now, to just make it to the weekend for a coffee-fueled, all-night writing binge...
Captain
# 29
03-06-2013, 07:13 PM
I think this may be my longest entry yet

For ease of reference/visualization, here're the actors I would cast if I was filming this tomorrow...

Selek - Oded Fehr
T'Marc - Michelle Borth
Marcus Kane - Matt Bomer
Jedda Tobin - Bridget Moynahan
Seven of Nine - Jeri Ryan
Roger Hunt - Taye Diggs
Cameron Kane - Peta Wilson
Beverly Crusher - Gates McFadden
T'Laya - Whitney Cummings
Captain
# 30
03-06-2013, 10:36 PM