Captain
# 5541
03-05-2013, 06:36 PM
OOC: I just realized this retrofit works well since I recently bought the Sao Paulo skin for my in game Defiant. So we'll just say the ship's exterior is being retrofitted also.

Voporak (walking down a corridor to where Dorman is): I hope they finish this soon. If I'm simply going to be scanning some rocks for a few weeks, I think I may need to hitch a ride on the next black hole to-

*The door he walked up to opens*

Voporak: Excuse me, Admiral. When this update is completed, will you be accompanying me or returning to somewhere else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
# 5542
03-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
OOC: I just realized this retrofit works well since I recently bought the Sao Paulo skin for my in game Defiant. So we'll just say the ship's exterior is being retrofitted also.

Voporak (walking down a corridor to where Dorman is): I hope they finish this soon. If I'm simply going to be scanning some rocks for a few weeks, I think I may need to hitch a ride on the next black hole to-

*The door he walked up to opens*

Voporak: Excuse me, Admiral. When this update is completed, will you be accompanying me or returning to somewhere else?
*Dorman is looking at his pendant in front of a window viewing the stars.. The weight of trauma still on him but also still trying to feel around for his place in the new world...*

*Hears Voporak*

Dorman: Oh.. Sorry Captain... Caught in my memories... Reviewing them... We have recieved word from the Republic... There was an incident during James' treatment... Miranda has given birth to twins... but it looks like she is not going to make it... The little family was exposed to something new a organic substance looking like this *hands him the data pad of the compound..* They have been unable to synthesize it...
Captain
# 5543
03-06-2013, 06:39 AM
OOC: Dead morning?
Career Officer
# 5544
03-06-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm at class till 1. So I will post after .
Starfleet Veteran
# 5545
03-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*The babies lay in their bio beds their eyes transfixed on T'mar... She can feel their power and their uniqueness...*

*As she tries to probe inward she is met by many voices of people she doesn't know and a few she does... All their ancestors... inside of them...

She does hear a man that is firm but kind... *

Mental voice of the boy: Please stay out of my mind.... I bring you no harm..

*The other one the girl.. much like her twin... but warmer and welcoming to some degree but modest..*

Mental voice of the Girl: My brother and I bring you no harm... He is not used to people just yet... T'mar.
Quote:
*James walks in on T'mar and his children..*

James: T'mar... are they?
T'mar: They're fine. I'm never seen minds this advanced, even in Betazoids! They already have a mental comprehension of advanced speech.

*Sam walks in, looking more relaxed than she did earlier. Andrews sees her and motions her over. T'mar gives Andrews a quick surface scan, frowning at what's on his mind. Sam follows Andrews into his Office, which is subsequently sealed.*

Sam: Well Doctor?

Andrews: The Children are developing at an extraordinary rate. In just 10 hours they've gone from foetuses to toddlers, and from what Lieutenant T'mar tells me, their minds are already at the same level as those of an adolescent.

Sam: How is that possible?

Andrews: It must be the nanoprobes that were injected into Allen. Miranda was hit by gas containing the same stuff. Everyone else got out quickly enough, but she got a much greater dose.

Sam: And the nanoprobes settled in the twins.

Andrews: Exactly.

Sam: What about Miranda?

Andrews: There's nothing we can do. There's been too much strain on her body. It's shutting down.

Sam: What about the Nanite Monitor?

Andrews: Sir, this has gone beyond the nanoprobe infestation. We're dealing with a body that has been completely overtaxed!

Sam: For God's sake! We can replace every organ in the human body with a cybernetic equivalent, and rewrite a person's genetic code to exempt them from hereditary illness, but we can't repair one human body?

Andrews: Medicine can only do so much. I'm sorry, Captain.

Sam: What about the children?

Andrews: At this rate, they'll be fully grown adolescents in a day. I've never seen anything like it!

Sam: Didn't something similar happen in the 2360s?

Andrews: Yes, but that was an alien entity, and it took several days to mature to the age of 8. These children could reach that point in a few hours for all I know!

There's another thing. T'mar says they mean no harm, but she's also admitted that they're even stronger telepaths than her. That means they could hide things from her.

Sam: Doctor, they're only children.

Andrews: Sir, those children already have an understanding of violence and morality. Under normal circumstances, I'd agree with you, but regulations require I at least inform you of my concerns.

Sam: And you have done so.

What about James?

Andrews: I'm not sure...

The scans aren't clear on what's happening to his body.

Sam: And the alien?

Andrews: Again, I'm not sure. I haven't been able to get much information from the autopsy.

Sam: What do you need?

Andrews: That's exactly the problem. What I need is illegal.

Sam: Please don't say biomimetic gel...

Andrews: A Vivisection.

*Sam stares at Andrews for a while, a disapproving look on her face.*

Sam: You need to cut one open while it's alive?

Andrews: Like I said, it's illegal. Vivisections were outlawed by the Federation in 2161, and have always been so in the Republic.

Sam: There's nothing else you can learn from a post-mortem?

Andrews: No.

Sam: Then focus your energies on your living patients. *She looks out at the two children, T'mar kneeling in front of them.*

Don't let anything happen to them, Doctor. James wouldn't be able to take that.

Andrews: I'll do my best.

Sam: I know you will.

*Sam walks out of the office.*

T'mar *In the children's minds*: Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere you don't want me to. I'm just making sure you're okay, okay?

Sam: Lieutenant.

*T'mar looks up to see Sam at the door.*

A moment?

*T'mar nods and follows Sam outside.*

Well?

T'mar: Sam, I know what Andrews told you.

Sam: Do you honestly think they're dangerous?

T'mar: Are you asking for my personal opinion, or my opinion as Chief of Security?

Sam: Which one do you feel more comfortable with?

T'mar: They say they mean us no harm. But, they were blocking even my surface scans. It could be that they're just uneasy around someone they don't know, or...

Sam: T'mar, straight answer.

T'mar: I don't think they'll try to intentionally harm us, Sam.

Sam: But?

T'mar: But... all bets are off. We have no idea of their full capabilities.

Sam: Alright. I would ask you to assign a security officer to them, but I don't think it's necessary.

T'mar: No.

Sam: T'mar, I want you to work with them. You're a telepath, you can help them explore their abilities and learn to control them.

T'mar: Sam, theirs something you should know.

I've been shielding them.

Sam: You said they were more powerful telepaths than you.

T'mar: They are. It's been taxing me a little, but until I teach them how to block out stray thoughts...

Sam: Can you handle it?

T'mar: I can mind-meld with them and give them the same telepathic control I have, but these kids are still young. Normally, a relative does it because of the inherent trust, but James' telepathy is a new-type effect. He accesses the telepathy. Normal telepaths have to block the telepathy.

Sam: So James doesn't have the same control measures in place.

Can you do it?

T'mar: If I can get their trust.

Sam, those kids are broadcasting everywhere. That isn't new-type telepathy. It's too prevalent and far too strong.

Sam: Do your best, T'mar.

And, T'mar, I was wondering about your fail-safe--

T'mar: It's genetic, not telepathic. I only have it because my mother had it.

Sam: Okay. T'mar, the safety of those kids is your responsibility. Understood?

T'mar: Understood.

Sam: Good. I'll be on the bridge if you--

*Sam suddenly sees 2 red eyes in her mind, filling every corner. She collapses on the deck.*

T'mar: Sam?! Sam!

*She kneels down next to her, checking her pulse before feeling her skin. Her temperature's rising rapidly.*

Oh god!

*She rushes to the door, opening it up into Sickbay. Andrews is speaking with Doctor Mamora.*

DOCTOR!

*Andrews looks and sees Sam unconscious on the floor.*

Andrews: What the--?!

*He grabs a medical tricorder and med-kit before running over. He kneels down and activates the tricorder, showing a drop in Sam's vitals and a rise in temperature. He notices her pendant glowing vitally.*

What in the world...?

T'mar: Oh no.

*T'mar places her hands on Sam's face.*

Andrews: What're you--?

T'mar *quickly*: My mind to your mind. My thoughts to your thoughts. Our minds are merging. Our minds are one.

*T'mar close her eyes as they start glowing a soft blue.*

Andrews: Cordical stimulators!

I wish somebody would warn me when they pull a mind meld like this!

*The mental barrier shielding the children drops while T'mar is in the meld, exposing the children to the thoughts of the entire crew.

A nurse passes 2 cordical stimulators to Andrews, who puts them on Sam's and T'mar's foreheads.*

What the hell is going on?

*Sam's body temperature starts to reach over 38 degrees.*

5cc's Cordrazine! 5cc's Darmoline!

*Another nurse passes him a hypo and 2 vials: one labelled 'Cordrazine' and one labelled 'Darmoline'. Both are marked for 'Extreme Situations ONLY'. Since Sam's body temperature is rising faster than her vitals are falling, he puts the Darmoline in the hypo and checks the dosage is set to 5cc's.*

Nurse: Shouldn't we move her?

Andrews: Not during the meld! If we break the meld now, we could lose both of them!

Andrews to Bridge!
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 5546
03-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
T'mar: They're fine. I'm never seen minds this advanced, even in Betazoids! They already have a mental comprehension of advanced speech.

*Sam walks in, looking more relaxed than she did earlier. Andrews sees her and motions her over. T'mar gives Andrews a quick surface scan, frowning at what's on his mind. Sam follows Andrews into his Office, which is subsequently sealed.*

Sam: Well Doctor?

Andrews: The Children are developing at an extraordinary rate. In just 10 hours they've gone from foetuses to toddlers, and from what Lieutenant T'mar tells me, their minds are already at the same level as those of an adolescent.

Sam: How is that possible?

Andrews: It must be the nanoprobes that were injected into Allen. Miranda was hit by gas containing the same stuff. Everyone else got out quickly enough, but she got a much greater dose.

Sam: And the nanoprobes settled in the twins.

Andrews: Exactly.

Sam: What about Miranda?

Andrews: There's nothing we can do. There's been too much strain on her body. It's shutting down.

Sam: What about the Nanite Monitor?

Andrews: Sir, this has gone beyond the nanoprobe infestation. We're dealing with a body that has been completely overtaxed!

Sam: For God's sake! We can replace every organ in the human body with a cybernetic equivalent, and rewrite a person's genetic code to exempt them from hereditary illness, but we can't repair one human body?

Andrews: Medicine can only do so much. I'm sorry, Captain.

Sam: What about the children?

Andrews: At this rate, they'll be fully grown adolescents in a day. I've never seen anything like it!

Sam: Didn't something similar happen in the 2360s?

Andrews: Yes, but that was an alien entity, and it took several days to mature to the age of 8. These children could reach that point in a few hours for all I know!

There's another thing. T'mar says they mean no harm, but she's also admitted that they're even stronger telepaths than her. That means they could hide things from her.

Sam: Doctor, they're only children.

Andrews: Sir, those children already have an understanding of violence and morality. Under normal circumstances, I'd agree with you, but regulations require I at least inform you of my concerns.

Sam: And you have done so.

What about James?

Andrews: I'm not sure...

The scans aren't clear on what's happening to his body.

Sam: And the alien?

Andrews: Again, I'm not sure. I haven't been able to get much information from the autopsy.

Sam: What do you need?

Andrews: That's exactly the problem. What I need is illegal.

Sam: Please don't say biomimetic gel...

Andrews: A Vivisection.

*Sam stares at Andrews for a while, a disapproving look on her face.*

Sam: You need to cut one open while it's alive?

Andrews: Like I said, it's illegal. Vivisections were outlawed by the Federation in 2161, and have always been so in the Republic.

Sam: There's nothing else you can learn from a post-mortem?

Andrews: No.

Sam: Then focus your energies on your living patients. *She looks out at the two children, T'mar kneeling in front of them.*

Don't let anything happen to them, Doctor. James wouldn't be able to take that.

Andrews: I'll do my best.

Sam: I know you will.

*Sam walks out of the office.*

T'mar *In the children's minds*: Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere you don't want me to. I'm just making sure you're okay, okay?

Sam: Lieutenant.

*T'mar looks up to see Sam at the door.*

A moment?

*T'mar nods and follows Sam outside.*

Well?

T'mar: Sam, I know what Andrews told you.

Sam: Do you honestly think they're dangerous?

T'mar: Are you asking for my personal opinion, or my opinion as Chief of Security?

Sam: Which one do you feel more comfortable with?

T'mar: They say they mean us no harm. But, they were blocking even my surface scans. It could be that they're just uneasy around someone they don't know, or...

Sam: T'mar, straight answer.

T'mar: I don't think they'll try to intentionally harm us, Sam.

Sam: But?

T'mar: But... all bets are off. We have no idea of their full capabilities.

Sam: Alright. I would ask you to assign a security officer to them, but I don't think it's necessary.

T'mar: No.

Sam: T'mar, I want you to work with them. You're a telepath, you can help them explore their abilities and learn to control them.

T'mar: Sam, theirs something you should know.

I've been shielding them.

Sam: You said they were more powerful telepaths than you.

T'mar: They are. It's been taxing me a little, but until I teach them how to block out stray thoughts...

Sam: Can you handle it?

T'mar: I can mind-meld with them and give them the same telepathic control I have, but these kids are still young. Normally, a relative does it because of the inherent trust, but James' telepathy is a new-type effect. He accesses the telepathy. Normal telepaths have to block the telepathy.

Sam: So James doesn't have the same control measures in place.

Can you do it?

T'mar: If I can get their trust.

Sam, those kids are broadcasting everywhere. That isn't new-type telepathy. It's too prevalent and far too strong.

Sam: Do your best, T'mar.

And, T'mar, I was wondering about your fail-safe--

T'mar: It's genetic, not telepathic. I only have it because my mother had it.

Sam: Okay. T'mar, the safety of those kids is your responsibility. Understood?

T'mar: Understood.

Sam: Good. I'll be on the bridge if you--

*Sam suddenly sees 2 red eyes in her mind, filling every corner. She collapses on the deck.*

T'mar: Sam?! Sam!

*She kneels down next to her, checking her pulse before feeling her skin. Her temperature's rising rapidly.*

Oh god!

*She rushes to the door, opening it up into Sickbay. Andrews is speaking with Doctor Mamora.*

DOCTOR!

*Andrews looks and sees Sam unconscious on the floor.*

Andrews: What the--?!

*He grabs a medical tricorder and med-kit before running over. He kneels down and activates the tricorder, showing a drop in Sam's vitals and a rise in temperature. He notices her pendant glowing vitally.*

What in the world...?

T'mar: Oh no.

*T'mar places her hands on Sam's face.*

Andrews: What're you--?

T'mar *quickly*: My mind to your mind. My thoughts to your thoughts. Our minds are merging. Our minds are one.

*T'mar close her eyes as they start glowing a soft blue.*

Andrews: Cordical stimulators!

I wish somebody would warn me when they pull a mind meld like this!

*The mental barrier shielding the children drops while T'mar is in the meld, exposing the children to the thoughts of the entire crew.

A nurse passes 2 cordical stimulators to Andrews, who puts them on Sam's and T'mar's foreheads.*

What the hell is going on?

*Sam's body temperature starts to reach over 38 degrees.*

5cc's Cordrazine! 5cc's Darmoline!

*Another nurse passes him a hypo and 2 vials: one labelled 'Cordrazine' and one labelled 'Darmoline'. Both are marked for 'Extreme Situations ONLY'. Since Sam's body temperature is rising faster than her vitals are falling, he puts the Darmoline in the hypo and checks the dosage is set to 5cc's.*

Nurse: Shouldn't we move her?

Andrews: Not during the meld! If we break the meld now, we could lose both of them!

Andrews to Bridge!
OOC: Mentally yes they are actually far older... But their bodies won't grow that fast... Normal on that note.. But There is a problem of more concern... Genetic memory.. They have all of their ancestors inside their minds plus they still have not yet formed a permanent and dominate personality.

But yes the twins are actually harmless... It is something I gleamed off of a novel series called pre born..*

*Mamora dodges the craziness as he comes to James who is standing over his children... they both seem so happy to see him. Cooing and everything..*

James: I only saw one child... *Looking at his daughter* but my son.. *smiles heavily..teary eyed.* I never saw him coming... Strong crafty lad... Like his mother..

Mamora: *grips James' shoulder..*

Sir.. The mother was completley taxed... there is nothing we can do...

James: *Head sinks lower* I can still go and see her?

Mamora: Yes... but there isn't much time... Come with me Admiral... Your children will be fine...

*James and Mamora leave the other room and enter... Miranda is on the table her status plummeting... Mamora stands by the door and motions for the rest of the medical team to leave.. They do so..*

*James kneels down in front of her holding her hand..*

*Mamora stands outside listening heartbroken and feeling useless. *

James: Miranda?

*Strokes her head*

*she opens her eyes but they are weak.. her voice weak..*

I am here..

*Miranda whispers something to him mentally.. he can feel it too... which makes his eyes well up.. *

James: There are things in this galaxy that even I cannot sense or see coming... Things that I try and shield you from... I failed you...

Miranda *mentally* : No you didn't... I saved you for a change... Really was worth the trade, You mean that much to me. You James were the only one to look deep down and bond... with another on a level that few ever experience...

James: *quiet*

Miranda: Don't grieve.. I will still be with you... and waiting... at the place you wanted..

James: *weeping quietly *mentally* of course.. I will be there best dressed... and early..

*Miranda smiles and soon the ever lasting sound of the moniter going off loudly that the heart has stopped beating.. *

James: *Slumps down as Damon rushes over..*

Damon: Admiral...

*James gripes Damon by the arms... and mutters *

James: She is gone...

*Damon tenses... he cannot move as he hears the dwarf whistling and humming in his ears and mind... *

James: She is gone Damon...

*Damon tenses around his phaser... the fighting in his soul as the new empty one is trying to do it... to shoot the man on his knees... But some familiar part of him is fighting it hard...*

*Damon muttering in his head.... in severe pain... while the pressure builds and builds like a pressure trap*

*Soon it snaps and his mind explodes as memories return... all of it.. His birth... His academy days, serving on the Odyssey, the card games, Wax's crazy feats in battle, and his death... His bones shattering... Soon who he was returns and whips the phaser out.*

Damon: *roars as he shoots the grey skinned dwarf...*

James: *confused looks around and sees a dead dwarf grey skinned, pug nose, whispy white hair and filed down teeth...* What the...

Damon: *kneels down putting the Phaser away.* Sir... Are you ok?

James: Damon... I see your back...
Captain
# 5547
03-06-2013, 09:00 AM
*Security rushes in James waves them off*

Damon: It seems I have been gone a while...

Last edited by chrisedallen89; 03-06-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Career Officer
# 5548
03-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Occ: ok have a moment to post so i will

Jacob gets up out of the vhair at the station. And soon reappears on the harvests bridge.

Sarah: where have you been!!

Jacob : Comm hail the 4th battle fleet.It is time we find out what really happened in romulan space. Ill be in my ready room.

Jacob sits down

Jacob: Mr Preston I am requesting you allow me and the 3rd fleet ti enter romulan space to find the ones responsible for what happened. As i am sure you would have no objection to us working together to solve this issue. I will await your response on the matter.

Jacob walks back onto the bridge

Jacob: report

Officer: sir the 3 rd fleet is on standby and we are ready to go as soon as you give the word.

Sarah : you think he will let us take 8 ships into romulan space?

Jacob: Yes i do. He will hopefully use the oppurtunity to show he is willing to work with us to help them and he wants everyone to know it wasnt him.

Sarah: why the sudden change?

Jacob looks at her a moment

Jacob: The memory of an old friend. All hands stand by to warp as soon as i give the word. Maintane yellow alert.

Occ: also just so everyone knows jacob will be in the suit unless is specify otherwise just a heads up if any combat comes up. I will be abck in one and a half hours once class is over so leave me some play room please.
Captain
# 5549
03-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Occ: ok have a moment to post so i will

Jacob gets up out of the vhair at the station. And soon reappears on the harvests bridge.

Sarah: where have you been!!

Jacob : Comm hail the 4th battle fleet.It is time we find out what really happened in romulan space. Ill be in my ready room.

Jacob sits down

Jacob: Mr Preston I am requesting you allow me and the 3rd fleet ti enter romulan space to find the ones responsible for what happened. As i am sure you would have no objection to us working together to solve this issue. I will await your response on the matter.

Jacob walks back onto the bridge

Jacob: report

Officer: sir the 3 rd fleet is on standby and we are ready to go as soon as you give the word.

Sarah : you think he will let us take 8 ships into romulan space?

Jacob: Yes i do. He will hopefully use the oppurtunity to show he is willing to work with us to help them and he wants everyone to know it wasnt him.

Sarah: why the sudden change?

Jacob looks at her a moment

Jacob: The memory of an old friend. All hands stand by to warp as soon as i give the word. Maintane yellow alert.

Occ: also just so everyone knows jacob will be in the suit unless is specify otherwise just a heads up if any combat comes up. I will be abck in one and a half hours once class is over so leave me some play room please.
OOC: That is fine man..

*Preston answers the comm.*

Preston: I am confused Mr. Halsey first you want me to ceasefire...and now you want to enter Romulan Space.. I will grant it.. but you will have to coordinate with Kela and Gyunei on this one.
Career Officer
# 5550
03-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
OOC: That is fine man..

*Preston answers the comm.*

Preston: I am confused Mr. Halsey first you want me to ceasefire...and now you want to enter Romulan Space.. I will grant it.. but you will have to coordinate with Kela and Gyunei on this one.
Jacob smiles: i still want a cease fire mt preston dont think that has changed. But i am more concerned about who did this to the romulans. And i am trying to be decent about it by not just enertering romulan space. so i am at l;east trying to be nice about it.