Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 51
02-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merryprankster2 View Post
TOS: Kirk, and crew. StarFleet. Including theatrical releases.

TNG: Picard, and crew. StarFleet. Also including movies.

DS9: Sisko, and crew. StarFleet.

STV: Janeway, and crew. StarFleet.

STE: Archer, and crew. StarFleet.

Doesn't seem to be any focus on either empire, or it's captains, except as supporting roles/characters. It's Star Trek, after all. Not Glory of the Klingon Empire, or Sins of the Romulan Star Empire. Just sayin' ...
According to memory alpha. Episodes on klingons (suppossedly excluding Worf and Belana)

TOS 7 out of 80
TNG 31 out of 176
DS9 49 out of 173
VOY 14 out 168
ENT 11 out of 97
TAS 2 out of 22
FILMS 7 out of 11

For and total of 121 out of 727 episodes and films over the decades.

So I do not find it presumptiuos that we fans of the Klingons wish for a fully functional faction to enjoy.

This doesnt even include the other races, Orions, Gorn and Naucicans which have made plenty of appearances of thier on over the decades. Im sure they would like a full fleshed faction as well.

So while the humans are the focus of the IP, we other races are now more than support characters. I still see no reason why in the open game we should hold our hats in hand and not expect more considering our decades of faithful fandom.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 52
02-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Why are you complaining about transitional ships? does it matter you start at lv1? KDF used to start at lv1 and then you had to XP your way to lv50 ...

Sure KDF starts at 30 skipping a lot of levels but considering how those levels dont matter its as much of a issue as the Miranda being a entity, you have it for 2 days or something and then you grow over it.
Those levels did not matter then because they had only sparse story to make them fun.
With a new tutorial and story to play that puts the fan in the game instead of just storyless grind, those levels would have a purpose again.

Thats the crux of wanting a complete factio. We have no story and no thing to draw in players or anything that tells why we exist in STO other than a shadow of the feds.

It was not possible at the time, but if we hsd real substance as a faction the KDF may not be in the state it is in today and more woild play it because it entertaining
We cant just focus on the endgame as important since we are all there. The begining and middle of the level climb is just as important becuase the beginjng is where the player decides to stick with the leveling grind and the middle is where they decide not to give up whdn things seem slow.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 269
# 53
02-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merryprankster2 View Post
Take Star Wars for instance. People want to be Jedis, Sith, Bounty hunters, or Smugglers. Stormtroopers are kind of a niche market.
Err I always got hte impression there were more people dressing up as Stormtroopers than the other parts.

Equally how many people do you see with Starfleet weddings? Because there's probabbly more with Klingon ones.

Just saying like, neither of the above appeals to me.

All I can say is: I have more fun chomping things in my Gorn, and undermining the empire but every lizard is allowed a hobby. Than I do get stalked by T'nae (seriosuly the silly bint won't leave me alone, everyime I log in she starts phoning me up).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 239
# 54
03-06-2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
Personally I suspect the real reason of Trek gamer hatred of the KDF from the fed side is just how badly time and time again the Klingons kicked the snot out of federation led forces in the play of the Starfleet Command series of games (regularly outnumbered by the fed faction by more then 4 to 1 and we STILL kicked thier butt)
Just like this game feds had all the newbs in that game too. The infamous captain Kirk syndrome. But meh, ISC was the way of real warriors, outnumbered a hundred to one. But at least plasma torps were scary in that game, they're meh in this game. BTW hate to break it too you but Klinks didn't always win on D-2.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,176
# 55
03-06-2013, 08:09 AM
i was looking forward to play Romulans since the game was announced to be developed.


i was VERY sad as i have seen no Romulans at launch, in the 1st year, ....

i do main KDF from the start, cause the FED just is ...meh, and i will certainly continue to play my KDF toons till servers are running,


buy hey man, just face the fact - KDF is playable, very playable at endgame,
and FED will ALWAYS be the main faction.

but even then, you have been ENJOYING your favourite faction since launch.

me, personally, am tired of faking Romulans in the KDF (12 of them by now)

Join the premiere Romulan community now!

Last edited by duaths1; 03-06-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 659
# 56
03-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
This isn't a TV show, this is a computer game.
The root of all problems with STO is that there are too few people involved who simply do not understand this simple concept. The worst offender is whomever is makiing the decisions at CBS.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,176
# 57
03-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerstorm View Post
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
This isn't a TV show, this is a computer game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerstorm View Post
The root of all problems with STO is that there are too few people involved who simply do not understand this simple concept. The worst offender is whomever is makiing the decisions at CBS.
wrong. this game would be long gone if it hadn't the CBS approval and ST label.

probably in the 1st year.
launched as is now, 3 years later, it would have a chance..

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,203
# 58
03-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
wrong. this game would be long gone if it hadn't the CBS approval and ST label.

probably in the 1st year.
That's the saddest thing I've read all day mainly because it's 100% true.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,560
# 59
03-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
According to memory alpha. Episodes on klingons (suppossedly excluding Worf and Belana)

TOS 7 out of 80
TNG 31 out of 176
DS9 49 out of 173
VOY 14 out 168
ENT 11 out of 97
TAS 2 out of 22
FILMS 7 out of 11

For and total of 121 out of 727 episodes and films over the decades.

So I do not find it presumptiuos that we fans of the Klingons wish for a fully functional faction to enjoy.

This doesnt even include the other races, Orions, Gorn and Naucicans which have made plenty of appearances of thier on over the decades. Im sure they would like a full fleshed faction as well.

So while the humans are the focus of the IP, we other races are now more than support characters. I still see no reason why in the open game we should hold our hats in hand and not expect more considering our decades of faithful fandom.
To be honest the statistic parts of your post is really not in favour of your argument.
It says the Klingons were in around 16,6% of the tv episodes.
Such a low percent seems to be .... exactly presumptious.
Now since we all love battlecruisers, you should not mention such mathematical values. Even if the movie percentage is much better.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,031
# 60
03-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
To be honest the statistic parts of your post is really not in favour of your argument.
It says the Klingons were in around 16,6% of the tv episodes.
Such a low percent seems to be .... exactly presumptious.
Now since we all love battlecruisers, you should not mention such mathematical values. Even if the movie percentage is much better.
But as I already pointed out, when we make things the same percentage as in the show we can delete all the non-human player characters because the leads were all human.

And if we go even further we can add restrictions on every account that only allow 1 in 5 characters to be female, 1 in 5 to be non-American and 1 in 5 to be of African decent.
And on top of that since there was no Asian lead we can scrap those altogether.

But the big joke is that it's okay to go beyond the small window into the Star Trek universe the shows and movies gave us...as long as the window is still only enlarged so encompasses the Federation some more.

While this weird double-standard of "was not the focus of the show" is employed once the focus is no longer on the Federation.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 AM.