Career Officer
# 21
08-27-2012, 02:58 PM
I just use spacebar for my energy weapons and depending on how many torpedo launchers I have (usually 4 on most of my cruisers) I bind each torpedo to a different number (1-4).
Captain
# 22
08-28-2012, 07:48 AM
For my BOP, I have appeared to have binded my forward and rear torpedos to numbers, for quicker firing in fights, since the BOP seems to need to fire torpedos quickly, but with timing.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Lieutenant
# 23
08-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
First, I click the power button, from settings 0-16. Then, I click a button, or pull a trigger, in the case of rifles.
I see what you did there.

I have autofire on for all weapons. I use torpedo DOFFs. And often have at least two torpedo launchers. They fire so fast. I couldn't keep up with them if they weren't on autofire.

Matthew@Matthew486DX -> Eng Lvl 60
FAW/Tank: Tactical Oddyessy T5-U, Tank/Heal Science Oddyessy T5-U, DPS Cruiser: A2B Battlecruiser T5-U, DPS/Debuff Tholian Recluse T5-U
Fleet Admiral: Angry Tribbles
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
08-29-2012, 01:09 PM
With onomatopoeia.

But seriously, my beams and cannons auto-fire, while projectile weapons are manual so I can unleash hell... on my mark.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Energy weapons on autofire. Torps manual.

TAC: All tac buffs tied to one thumb operable mouse button (and using mouse to steer around, throttle mouse wheel controlled).

SCI: sit back and drink coffee. Being a sci is cozy job, unlike the more hectic life of a tac.
~~~~[ signed by ]~~~~
FED: Mir Fnar <S>, Shillegah Z'Cknli <R,E>, Neane <E>
KDF: A'ma <T>, Ethexio <S>
~~~~[ in game since 2010 ]~[ accolades: 13,910 pts ]
Captain
# 26
08-29-2012, 04:31 PM
How do you make a macro up?

TY.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
09-01-2012, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
It's done in the game itself, you can type into chat:

/bind spacebar "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

That makes the spacebar fire all energy weapons and distribute your shields at the same time.

For keybinds too long to type into chat you can creat a text file in your star trek online/live folder which you can load from in game to have a keybind like:

Space "+Power_Exec Distribute_Shields $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 9 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 8 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 7 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 6 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 5 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 3 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 2 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 3 0"

That's an extreme example that would make every power in the 4th row of your tray bound to spacebar.

And it's all supported by the game itself, no fancy keyboards needed.
Copied and done, thank you! Now if only my autofire would work.
Career Officer
# 28
09-01-2012, 04:37 AM
i bind all the weapons to space bar. i push space bar constantly. i have auto fire on.

-pro pvp player-
Ensign
# 29 Timing of weapons
03-06-2013, 03:39 PM
I read that if multiple weapons fire at the same time, then you get -10 (or so) to the Weapon power setting.

My question - I am using a Nostromo N50, which has a macro capability and I can spread out firing of the weapons by some fraction of a second. The question would be does that get around the drop in weapon power setting from firing multiple weapons?

I assume that if you use the Fire All, then weapons would tend to always fire at the same time getting the deduction. If a macro fires the weapons in sequence, does that get around the deduction?

I did set up a loop that fires the weapons sequentially along with triggering the Cannon Rapid Fire option each time through the loop. I finally got a working DPS program by doing some modifications to the COH damage program, so I guess I could run some tests, but I thought I would ask first.
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
03-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Everything on autofire + Spacebar = boom
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net