Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 11
02-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Cryptic would not invest the manhours to create specialty pets if they were purely a "bonus" for people that got lucky enough to score a specific ship in the distant past.

We'll be seeing it again, commemorating this absolutely poisonous business practice.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,201
# 12
02-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
Someone doesn't understand the concept of opportunity cost.
Perhaps you're right, but I'm almost back to 70mil in less than 48 hours, so income is not an issue :p
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 26
# 13
02-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
Why do you need it? Because that's the prerequisite of buying them.
The ship is not "no longer in the game"? Check the exchange.

I doubt they'll "fix" it, when it's not broken. From the dev blog announcing the lockbox:



Also, paying $150 to get the ship. Should've just sold your keys to raise the EC, you'd have saved... a fair bit.
If the ship is "no longer in game" why can I see three on the exchange?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 163
# 14
02-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Hey, January 2013 called, it wants this thread back.

Old topic is old.

Joined August 2009
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 152
# 15
03-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Perhaps you're right, but I'm almost back to 70mil in less than 48 hours, so income is not an issue :p
Am I reading this right? 70 million ECs made in 48 hours after buying a JHDC for 70 million ECs 2 days prior?

Sorry sir, but unless you had around 600k of refined dilithium sitting in your assets to turn to zen or alternatively already had around 7000 zen sitting there to buy enough keys to sell for ECs, then you sir are either the biggest liar or the best "we sell MMORPG gold/money" website customer in the history of MMORPG's.

Oh btw, did you know if you that if you get caught by a GM/dev buying from 'EC farmers' there can be severe consequences?
THE POWER OF KRATOS!!!
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 347
# 16
03-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronplah78 View Post
Am I reading this right? 70 million ECs made in 48 hours after buying a JHDC for 70 million ECs 2 days prior?

Sorry sir, but unless you had around 600k of refined dilithium sitting in your assets to turn to zen or alternatively already had around 7000 zen sitting there to buy enough keys to sell for ECs, then you sir are either the biggest liar or the best "we sell MMORPG gold/money" website customer in the history of MMORPG's.

Oh btw, did you know if you that if you get caught by a GM/dev buying from 'EC farmers' there can be severe consequences?
It's incredibly easy to make EC -- granted easier if you've got some stockpiled..and 48 hours is a LITTLE on the "maybe" side, but not out of the realm of possibility in this game..
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 152
# 17
03-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberteksyfir View Post
It's incredibly easy to make EC -- granted easier if you've got some stockpiled..and 48 hours is a LITTLE on the "maybe" side, but not out of the realm of possibility in this game..
Of course it's very easy to grind ECs, but no where near 70 million in 2 days. If you sell like 60-70 lock box keys then you can make that kind of money in like 10 mins. Assuming of course you have zen or dilithium, where you either must buy with real money or the other (dilithium) must be earned from grinding and even so your limited to refining 8k worth every day.

That guy said himself he didn't 'pay a dime' so grinding enough to make 70 million ECs in 48 hours is highly unlikely.
THE POWER OF KRATOS!!!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 293
# 18
03-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Lucky equipment drops on STF's, spamming the 3 gorn/sb24/klink, refine dil and sell n buy keys... I dunno... 70mil is possible... would be a funking boring grind though! lol
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 437
# 19
03-07-2013, 01:17 PM
get lucky with getting a good doff or console, 70m is easy peezy lol

Ive sold some Biochemist doffs for 20mil each, and a few XII purple consoles for 30+mil each.

And don't be so angry, I have all 3 ships, and the pets arent worth the anger. They s-u-c-k lol
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 32
# 20 So sad
03-07-2013, 01:18 PM
First off keradim; I must apolagize for the rudeness of all people; you see as soon as you start a post with much negative or anger; these people take a pleasure of making feel wrong; even if you are right; next; I just learn of this issue with you mentioning it; I feel bad for you; but since STO became FTP; this entire game turn around pay to win; so you have 2 choice; either you accept it and farm dilithium to put less money in this game; or; leave; caused Ives realize that complaining is that last thing that will make this games upgrade itself ..

Good days to you
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:13 PM.