Empire Veteran
# 21
03-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Let us Remember the Gorn, for thier lifes will change forever from J.J... and they will now be persicuted. (Rambles) In 2410, he Gorn will be sent to concetratoin camps will they will be geneticly altered to lok like dinosaurs.. then.. thier brains will be nulified from IQ of 350 to the point of making Spock's Tricorder and I do mean the Top Sci Guy in ST... tricorder explode from 1,100 meters away (1.1 Km) to an IQ of 23, We will remember this sad days and forever wish they will be themselfes.
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Captain
# 22
03-06-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm all for gritty, but they should make sure to hold onto the "better future" theme that's so prevalent in the series.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Captain
# 23
03-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I haven't seen the newest Trek movie, and probably never will. It's not Star Trek.
If you've never seen it and never will, how do you know it's "not Star Trek"? Seemed to hit all the high points to me - multiplanet Starfleet (Kirk's first alien conquest was an Orion girl at the Academy), half-human Spock struggling to come to terms with his heritage (only given the new Spock's history, I think he might find a balance more quickly than the original - Spock didn't originally find the value of his emotions until after interfacing with V'Ger), flashy space heroics, warp drive, Scotty saving the day with an untried idea... Maybe I'm just easily pleased (after all, for me it just had to be better than Insurrection, which is a low bar indeed), but I liked it, and am looking forward to the sequel.

Although if it is indeed a retread of "Space Seed"/The Wrath of Khan, I may join those calling for Abrams' head... (My pet hypothesis is that since Kirk didn't undertake the mission to cross the edge of the galaxy, someone else did, and didn't have a Spock to tell him to kill his new superhuman crewman while there was still time, so now the Mitchell-analogue has returned to Earth to rule as the god he believes himself to be.)
-------------------------------------------

"You're as crazy as the people on Twitter!" - Samuel L. Jackson
Captain
# 24
03-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeowhiskey4 View Post
If ST Nemesis is anything to go by the fact remains that nice happy endings and Trek writing of that style no longer work...but you make it gritty, loud, flashy and bloody and people want to watch it.
I'm sorry, but Nemesis had zero to do with happy anything. It was weird, depressing, added nothing worthy to Trek/Romulan lore, and Troi mind r4pe <--- nuff said.

Quote:
So if the last movie is anything to go by...gritty is the way forward.
How was NuTrek "gritty"? It took all the elements that Trekkies and non Trekkies knew about Star Trek and hypercharged it all to make an entertaining movie. The ending was actually pretty uplifting.

Quote:
We may not like the lore JJ has brought about but these things happen...
"We"? I don't need anyone to speak for me, thank you. I like NuTrek just fine. I'm also an old school Trekkie. In the end, Star Trek is a product and a form of entertainment. It's fine to talk about and debate aspects of it, but there has to come a point when you gotta not take it so seriously...

I'm still Romulus_Prime. Joined STO in January 2010.

Last edited by kain9prime; 03-06-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Captain
# 25
03-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
Thread should read: "JJ Abrams... the future of Fail"
How much money did it make?

Quote:
I haven't seen the newest Trek movie, and probably never will. It's not Star Trek.
IDIC fail.

I'm still Romulus_Prime. Joined STO in January 2010.
Career Officer
# 26
03-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain9prime View Post
I'm sorry, but Nemesis had zero to do with happy anything. It was weird, depressing, added nothing worthy to Trek/Romulan lore, and Troi mind r4pe <--- nuff said.
I thought Donatra rocked.
Captain
# 27
03-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Nemesis introduced a lot of elements about the Romulans and it had the best crew interactions during a battle. Instead of everyone sitting at their chairs holding onto a console, they actually contributed.

The NuTrek has all the Trek elements included plus it included stuff from the novels, no other Trek movie has done that.
Captain
# 28
03-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Just Joke Trek is just that!
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
03-07-2013, 07:51 AM
JJ abrams ... the future of trek doesnt go together.

JJ will be the end of trek the quicker he moves onto disney star wars the better.

i have no respect for someone who makes a commentary for his film saying he doesnt like star trek and wants to make star trek more like star wars. then covers every second of the film with lense flare.

cant wait to get rid of him and get someone that can actualy make a good film or tv show.

dumbing down trek is not the way to make it better.
Captain
# 30
03-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
JJ abrams ... the future of trek doesnt go together.

JJ will be the end of trek the quicker he moves onto disney star wars the better.

i have no respect for someone who makes a commentary for his film saying he doesnt like star trek and wants to make star trek more like star wars. then covers every second of the film with lense flare.

cant wait to get rid of him and get someone that can actualy make a good film or tv show.

dumbing down trek is not the way to make it better.