Captain
# 31
03-06-2013, 11:33 PM
For some reason, when you described him playing "All Along the Watchtower" on the Vulcan harp, I was imagining something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUchAD44xA8

Was that your intention?

Overall, though, I really loved seeing all of the various pieces of Marcus' life that you've told me about, woven into a cohesive whole. While you had a lot of time jumps, it wasn't jarring--somehow it held together and worked. And having seen what passed between Selek and Marcus, it's now very apparent why a Vulcan under such circumstances would be "sentimental."
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 32
03-07-2013, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
I approoooooooove.
I couldn't think of anyone more suitably badass than Oded for the part
Captain
# 33
03-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
For some reason, when you described him playing "All Along the Watchtower" on the Vulcan harp, I was imagining something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUchAD44xA8

Was that your intention?
Ish... The sound is exactly as the Vulcan harp would produce, but I invisaged Marcus playing it note for note as Hendrix did, and using the harp's pitch-bending capabilities in a similar way. Not the kind of thing Sotek would have played

Quote:
Overall, though, I really loved seeing all of the various pieces of Marcus' life that you've told me about, woven into a cohesive whole.
Thanks, I really wanted to explore some of those points in his life, and would like to explore others further back. I figured that as we'd been given the freedom to use past LCs, it was only logical for the story to take place in the past as well ^_^ (That and I still haven't decided how Amanda is going to resolve her recent 'staff issues'... )

Quote:
While you had a lot of time jumps, it wasn't jarring--somehow it held together and worked.
Thanks, I've never done a flashback in a flashback before, but I just wanted to put a hint at what Marcus had experienced in the course of his research on the Borg, and another explanation for why he views assimilation as such an utter violation of one's self.

Quote:
And having seen what passed between Selek and Marcus, it's now very apparent why a Vulcan under such circumstances would be "sentimental."
It's a common misconception that Vulcans do not have emotions, and through Selek's friendship with Marcus, and his concern for his daughter, I wanted to explore that
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
03-07-2013, 08:42 AM
An interesting challenge this time.

I'll see if I can come up with something--I have a few ideas in mind.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld

Last edited by takeshi6; 03-07-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
03-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Just made an entry based in Challenge #5 - Shards of the Mirror.

I made a character in STO based on Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass. He's a brilliant Tactican in Starfleet, in charge of his own Fighter Wing. But I always imagined that his Mirror Counterpart would be a bit more ambitious. I added a bit of Revenge-Based Motivation, a heavy helping of ruthlessness, and we have the Demon Emperor of the Neo Britannian Empire, out to destroy the Alliance and the 'Terran Dominion' of the O'Brien's, along with an Empress who has similar motivations.

Please let me know what you all think.

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 36
03-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Just made an entry based in Challenge #5 - Shards of the Mirror.

I made a character in STO based on Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass. He's a brilliant Tactican in Starfleet, in charge of his own Fighter Wing. But I always imagined that his Mirror Counterpart would be a bit more ambitious. I added a bit of Revenge-Based Motivation, a heavy helping of ruthlessness, and we have the Demon Emperor of the Neo Britannian Empire, out to destroy the Alliance and the 'Terran Dominion' of the O'Brien's, along with an Empress who has similar motivations.

Please let me know what you all think.
I liked it It definitely had the feel of the prelude or prologue to something awesome
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
03-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
I liked it It definitely had the feel of the prelude or prologue to something awesome
Thanks.

Not sure if I'll ever follow it up, but at least I have a decent picture presented as to what Mirror Lelouch is like.

Also, his phrase "The only ones who should kill are the ones who are prepared to be killed" is a saying Lelouch favors quite a bit in Code Geass--it's almost Lelouch's catchphrase, to be honest, and I felt it fitting if he'd use it here, too.

Captain
# 38
03-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Thanks.

Not sure if I'll ever follow it up, but at least I have a decent picture presented as to what Mirror Lelouch is like.

Also, his phrase "The only ones who should kill are the ones who are prepared to be killed" is a saying Lelouch favors quite a bit in Code Geass--it's almost Lelouch's catchphrase, to be honest, and I felt it fitting if he'd use it here, too.
Absolutely, it never hurts to have a basis to build from or to refer back to I was partly intrigued by this LC myself, but having explored both of my main character's Mirror Counterparts in the Mirror Mirror on the Viewscreen LC, it seemed a bit redundant for me to do so again
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
03-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Absolutely, it never hurts to have a basis to build from or to refer back to I was partly intrigued by this LC myself, but having explored both of my main character's Mirror Counterparts in the Mirror Mirror on the Viewscreen LC, it seemed a bit redundant for me to do so again
Right.

I'll see if I can come up with entries to any other challenges, too--this challenge is pretty broad, after all.

Captain
# 40
03-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Right.

I'll see if I can come up with entries to any other challenges, too--this challenge is pretty broad, after all.
CmdrScarlet and I had been discussing using past LCs as a way of 'getting our fix' between the formal LCs, there are certainly some good ones in that list What ultimately shaped my decision for this, was that there were two stories/LCs which I really wanted to tackle, and a third which I rather liked the idea of. In the end, I felt I could best accomplish that by combining two LCs into one entry, and simply passing on the third (Replicator Rations) I had the mental image of Captain Palmer sitting in an eatery at McKinley Station, and watching the port nacelle being re-built while considering her 'staffing problems', but I haven't actually worked out how to resolve them myself, so can hardly write them... I guess that could be considered a trailer for the next LC featuring Captain Palmer