Cryptic Studios Team
# 51
03-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyvidkdf View Post
I am experiencing a similar yet different problem with my Windows Phone. I start Internet Explorer on my Windows Phone, load up the Gateway, and it loads the log in screen. I enter my username and password then it switches to the "Accessing" screen with the animated bars. That's it.) [...]
If you aren't getting the prompt for the code, then there's something else wrong. There is probably an incompatibility with the browser you're using. I'm sorry to report that we haven't tested on Windows phone.

We've had to make some fixes for IE8 recently and expect to be good for IE8 through IE10 on Thursday's push. This might fix your problem, under the hope that your phone is at least as compliant as IE8 is.

I will see if we can get more Windows phones in testing.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 52
03-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsrob View Post
I see that with the new gateway we are supposed to be able to contribute to fleet projects without being in game.

Right now on the gateway system (the live one) I can change the CHARNAME@ACCOUNT in the url and see anybody's toons.

Will overzealous fleet leaders be able to just switch to each of their fleet member accounts and contribute on their behalf, whether they want to or not?

Just a thought.
If you view a character that is not yours, you see a restricted set of data on that character. Likewise, if you are not in the fleet, you see a restricted view of the fleet.
If you are a member of the fleet, but aren't viewing your character, you can see the extra info on the fleet, but are not allowed to see the fleet holdings (or make contributions).

We hope to improve this hierarchy of visibility to make it more understandable in the future.

(Also not that the above is accurate for code currently in test, it may not have made it all the way to Tribble yet.)
Ensign
# 53
03-07-2013, 01:51 AM
I have never managed to login to this system. Account guard keeps asking one time code - that I will receive by email couple hours later and of course - code is useless by then.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 54
03-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlove View Post
I have never managed to login to this system. Account guard keeps asking one time code - that I will receive by email couple hours later and of course - code is useless by then.
Account Guard codes are sent moments after the request is made. Maybe you need to refresh your email client to force it to check for new mail?

Has anyone else seen long delays in getting Account Guard codes?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 55
03-07-2013, 10:00 AM
[UDPATE - I jumped the gun on this. The plan is for these changes to go to Tribble today and the live shard next Thursday.]

[Next week's] Star Trek update includes many updates to Gateway.

A major change is that we found a bug that kept many Internet Explorer users from being able to connect to Gateway. You would be able to log in, but would then get a timeout message. We believe that we have squashed that particular bug.

This update fixes many of the bugs that have been reported in addition, there is now support for contributing to fleet projects via Gateway. Here are some brief notes on this feature:
  • If you're in a fleet, you should be able to get to your fleet?s holdings page from the Fleet front page. Note that you have to access the fleet page from the character that you wish to contribute from. If you examine another character (say by clicking on their name in the roster) you will need to switch back to one of your characters. Do that by clicking "Change Character" at the top of the screen.
  • When you enter the holdings page you should see your current tier progress. Clicking on a tier should give you information on that tier.
  • Clicking on a project will show you the donation buckets and the progress of each bucket. If you have donation privileges (by default, anyone over a recruit should have donation privileges) you should be allowed to contribute just like you would in game.
  • If you are allowed to manage fleet holdings, you should be able to see what project is coming up next.
  • Each Holding should have it a Provisions page and a Leaderboard page which function much as they do in-game.

Known issues:
  • Currently donating Duty Officers and certain other items is disabled.
  • You cannot slot new projects from Gateway.
  • The donation slider displays incorrect values for certain items.
  • You can select project slots that are marked ?Not Available? ? however they just show blank boxes
  • Note that you have to access the fleet page from the character that you wish to contribute from. If you examine another character (say by clicking on their name in the roster) you will need to switch back to one of your characters. Do that by clicking "Change Character" at the top of the screen. We expect to make this less cumbersome in the future.

Last edited by crypticpoz; 03-08-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
03-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Very cool. Can see this being really useful, especially if/when project management features are added for fleet officers.

However, hmm, is the fleet holdings feature is only pushed to Gateway Test, or is it supposed to be active for the main gateway connected to Holodeck? Currently not seeing my fleet holdings on the main gateway itself (unless it's hidden somewhere non-obvious). Fleet page still only has 4 tabs, and I cleared my browser cache in case i was holding a previous version of the client.

Further, when I try to log into gatewaytest, the login fails with "probably because the one-time code was incorrect" without giving me an opportunity to actually enter a one-time code.
Commander
# 57
03-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticpoz View Post
This morning's Star Trek update includes many updates to Gateway (which many of you have been checking out on Tribble -- Thank You!)

A major change is that we found a bug that kept many Internet Explorer users from being able to connect to Gateway. You would be able to log in, but would then get a timeout message. We believe that we have squashed that particular bug.

This update fixes many of the bugs that have been reported in addition, there is now support for contributing to fleet projects via Gateway. Here are some brief notes on this feature:
  • If you're in a fleet, you should be able to get to your fleet?s holdings page from the Fleet front page. Note that you have to access the fleet page from the character that you wish to contribute from. If you examine another character (say by clicking on their name in the roster) you will need to switch back to one of your characters. Do that by clicking "Change Character" at the top of the screen.
  • When you enter the holdings page you should see your current tier progress. Clicking on a tier should give you information on that tier.
  • Clicking on a project will show you the donation buckets and the progress of each bucket. If you have donation privileges (by default, anyone over a recruit should have donation privileges) you should be allowed to contribute just like you would in game.
  • If you are allowed to manage fleet holdings, you should be able to see what project is coming up next.
  • Each Holding should have it a Provisions page and a Leaderboard page which function much as they do in-game.

Known issues:
  • Currently donating Duty Officers and certain other items is disabled.
  • You cannot slot new projects from Gateway.
  • The donation slider displays incorrect values for certain items.
  • You can select project slots that are marked ?Not Available? ? however they just show blank boxes
  • Note that you have to access the fleet page from the character that you wish to contribute from. If you examine another character (say by clicking on their name in the roster) you will need to switch back to one of your characters. Do that by clicking "Change Character" at the top of the screen. We expect to make this less cumbersome in the future.
Nice! How can I check out these features? The regular Gateway link seems to link me to my Holodeck characters.

EDIT: Trying to get in through gatewaytest.startrekonline.com . Says there's an error "Log-in failed, probably because the one-time code was incorrect." For gatewaytest.startrekonline.com, I haven't used a one-time code since it was probably in the very first stages of testing.

Last edited by entnx01; 03-07-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 58
03-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
Nice! How can I check out these features?
I messed up. Coming next week (see above).
Commander
# 59
03-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticpoz View Post
I messed up. Coming next week (see above).
Ah, okay. Thanks for giving a heads-up, then!

How about that error for gatewaytest.startrekonline.com ? Error is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconnected from Gateway
Login failed, probably because the one-time code was incorrect.
I get that error no matter which computer, device, or browser I use...even one where I've never been on gatewaytest.startrekonline.com .

Or is there another address for testing Gateway on Tribble characters?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 60
03-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
Or is there another address for testing Gateway on Tribble characters?
http://gatewaytest.startrekonline.com is the right place for Tribble.

Not sure what the issue you're running into, but give it a try after the next update to Tribble goes live.