Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lieutenant
# 11
03-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Yeah, if you have the science slots for it TBRs are hilarious, it'll push the heavy plasma torps back into them. They nuke themselves.
Reminds me of my post in pve bugs.

I have noticed for some reason heavy plasma torps being shot by npcs and then turning on their friends or on themselves. I have nothing to do with it so I figure it is a bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Wow. You're playing it on Advanced, you don't have an actual ship yet, and your loadout is all over the place. No wonder you're getting your ass handed to you. I advise coming back in a level when you have an actual ship, and fitting your ship better using the suggestions recommended above. You'll find that once you do, it turns into a cakewalk.
Yet another person that failed to read.

Since when is a captain level ship not an "actual" ship?

Last edited by itpalg; 03-07-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Lieutenant
# 12
03-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
03-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itpalg View Post
After dying twice to this bu...targ dung dps I just closed my game window and said to hell with it.

I am done with this mission tonight.

I don't know how the hell this mission dev expects people to defend against this damage.

Every time I get within tractor beam range it uses it and does insane damage with this, and so I tried being at range but it still does insane damage with beams and torps. I got rid of my mines the second round but that was a mistake since I have to tab back to incoming heavy plasma torps instead of my mines chasing them down more often. It was taking forever to bring down the shields enough. I switched tact boffs too from high yield / tact buff to fire at will/spread. No help there.

I tried two different sci boffs too. One with just transf shield and sci team, another sci team, tract beam....ugh.

So how the hell are you supposed to survive being hit for 40026 (I assume parens are the full damage that would have occured without resists/shields).

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/...ps213ce48a.png
the problem is ur boffs suck. where is tact team? how do u possibly expect to keep ur sheilds up?

my advice change to tact team emergacy power to shields 1 double up on that. aux to strucural hazzard emitter and TSS 1 or 2

ps

dred to see what kind of consoles u are using.

Last edited by maddog0000doom; 03-07-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Captain
# 14
03-07-2013, 07:45 AM
let me put this together: you play a mission on advanced difficulty, with a ship that is borderline useless for single player content (borderline, because any ship that is setup right works), with abilitys and weapon that are useless or ineffective for that sort of mission (4 of 7 weapon slots are torpedos )
I see 2x EPtAUX1...why? No HE, TSS, TT1, AUX2SIF, RSP...

and you complain that the boss type enemy, that has 1 ability that is powerfull enough (yet destroyable) to actually destroy a player ship, does so...

further you state that your setup and ship are not the point, well guess what. Abilities to counter heavy torpedos are key to this encounter, be it by destroying them or outhealing...yes outhealing is possible since as long as your shields are up the torpedos do not harm you much, period.

but if you think the game is too difficult for you from this point on, so be it. Good day sir.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 03-07-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Lieutenant
# 15
03-07-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
the problem is ur boffs suck. where is tact team? how do u possibly expect to keep ur sheilds up?

my advice change to tact team emergacy power to shields 1 double up on that. aux to strucural hazzard emitter and TSS 1 or 2

ps

dred to see what kind of consoles u are using.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
let me put this together: you play a mission on advanced difficulty, with a ship that is borderline useless for single player content (borderline, because any ship that is setup right works), with abilitys and weapon that are useless or ineffective for that sort of mission (4 of 7 weapon slots are torpedos )
I see 2x EPtAUX1...why? No HE, TSS, TT1, AUX2SIF, RSP...

and you complain that the boss type enemy, that has 1 ability that is powerfull enough (yet destroyable) to actually destroy a player ship, does so...

further you state that your setup and ship are not the point, well guess what. Abilities to counter heavy torpedos are key to this encounter, be it by destroying them or outhealing...yes outhealing is possible since as long as your shields are up the torpedos do not harm you much, period.

but if you think the game is too difficult for you from this point on, so be it. Good day sir.

O M G does no one even bother to read the replies or even the original post?
Rihannsu
# 16
03-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itpalg View Post
After dying twice to this bu...targ dung dps I just closed my game window and said to hell with it.

I am done with this mission tonight.

I don't know how the hell this mission dev expects people to defend against this damage.

Every time I get within tractor beam range it uses it and does insane damage with this, and so I tried being at range but it still does insane damage with beams and torps. I got rid of my mines the second round but that was a mistake since I have to tab back to incoming heavy plasma torps instead of my mines chasing them down more often. It was taking forever to bring down the shields enough. I switched tact boffs too from high yield / tact buff to fire at will/spread. No help there.

I tried two different sci boffs too. One with just transf shield and sci team, another sci team, tract beam....ugh.

So how the hell are you supposed to survive being hit for 40026 (I assume parens are the full damage that would have occured without resists/shields).

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/...ps213ce48a.png
We all have read the original post its just thats not the issue. Its you and your skill level thats the issue. Anyone with the proper BOFF layout, weapons, and gear wouldnt even get hit with that damage. Also, there are 3 levels of difficulty to that you can play at and the one you are playing at is too hard for your skill level which is why you are getting hit for 40k and being blown to bits. Someone who has better gear, weapons, and skills could play at that level and easily beat that at advanced.

You are trying to blame the devs for massive damage when you are playing at a skill level you are not ready for, which is not thier fault.

Thanks for the laugh

Last edited by captainbailey; 03-07-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
03-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Not all content is tuned to allow everyone to faceroll their way to victory.
Lieutenant
# 18
03-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbailey View Post
We all have read the original post its just thats not the issue. Its you and your skill level thats the issue. Anyone with the proper BOFF layout, weapons, and gear wouldnt even get hit with that damage. Also, there are 3 levels of difficulty to that you can play at and the one you are playing at is too hard for your skill level which is why you are getting hit for 40k and being blown to bits. Someone who has better gear, weapons, and skills could play at that level and easily beat that at advanced.

You are trying to blame the devs for massive damage when you are playing at a skill level you are not ready for, which is not thier fault.

Thanks for the laugh
I beg to differ.

It is quite obvious that people are not bothering to read with comprehension my original post and replies after it.

I clearly state that I said I changed out boffs and weapons trying different things. The gateway and / or screenshot are not indicative of my 100% all the time setup.

One person even asked about where is tact team when clearly I had already stated I tried a boff with it.

Once again I ask:

Does no one bother to read?
Captain
# 19
03-07-2013, 09:52 AM
We read it and come to the conclusion that you dont read our posts. Let me be clear: I know people leveling on Elite-Difficulty without probs, and since elite is more difficult than advanced, I come to the conclusion you simply arent fit to play on advance. There is another point: HY-Torps do massive damage, thats why they are targetable. And they wont do massive damage, if you can hold your shields up on the side, and thats fairly easy.

And to your pic: If you even try such a ridiculously -laughable- setup, we can assume the other ones arent any better. Player error is still a player error, and when you play on advanced difficulty, errors will hurt.

So dont blame anyone else that you cant do it. Look for a proper layout (which must not be the top of the top) and nuke that little warbird out of the sytem. Beam fire at will and 125 weapons energy will just do the trick.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS
Captain
# 20
03-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Trying to be nicer than some people, but mostly they're right, your setup is.....questionable, and losing your temper on an internet board is just asking for flaming. For one, it looks like you're trying to use torpedoes to bring down shields, when in fact they're for use after the shields are down (they suck against shields). 5 or 6 beam arrays, plus one or two torpedoes will help more with the shields plus finisher. Alternately if you want a more 'direct' attack, 3 single cannons and a torpedo fore, 3 turrets aft, though on a ship as slow as what I'm guessing is a Galaxy-class, thats kinda iffy.

Second as to survival, the first rule of driving any cruiser (most ships, but cruisers especially) is to carry 2 Emergency To Shields and cycle them so that one is always on. The constant damage reduction adds to your shield longevity, plus a boost to power and a heal every 30 seconds besides. Add to that Tactical Team 1, which redistributes shield power near-instantly when under fire, and you'll effectively quadruple your shield capacity. Finally you need to always carry Hazard Emitters for hull healing and to put out plasma fires, and possibly Polarize Hull 1 to get out of tractor locks, and you'll survive much longer.

Third, don't let the torpedoes hit you, or tank when they do. You're a cruiser after all, and laughing off big hits is what you do. Eject Warp Plasma used as a barrier, or Fire At Will to shoot them down. Hit Brace For Impact and/or Auxiliarty To Structural before the impact. Buy a layer of Monotanium armor to boost your kinetic resistance (its the kinetic hit that kills). There are a dozen ways to mitigate that damage.

The D'deridex is really a one-trick pony. That tractor-torpedo thing kills a lot of new players, and the game itself is crap for information on how to deal with new situations. However, once you realize how to counter that trick, you'll realize that the D'deridex doesn't really have anything else to threaten you with. Stay calm and counter.

PS: You may want to switch your powers tray to type 4 just to get used to it. By endgame, the one you're using now simply doesn't hold enough stuff, and learning even just some of the hotkeys for your most-important powers can be a lifesaver.