Survivor of Romulus
# 31
03-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lex1con View Post
Already tried that and it doesn't work for me.
keep tapping esc like mad or take off auto fire and get out of comabt then unselect target.

easyer to just spamm esc til it works again.

i know thats not a fix but until then thats all we got.
Ensign
# 32
03-07-2013, 07:56 AM
I wonder how long the schedule will run over today then.
Lieutenant
# 33
03-07-2013, 07:58 AM
3 mins left!! Hurry up, hamsters, boot those servers up!!!
Career Officer
# 34
03-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovergkmmc View Post
Can you please give an estimate as to when the game will be fixed so that everything is exactly the way I think it should be, no matter how insignificant or unbalanced those things I desire may be? Thanks.
*Applauds*

I really do feel for the Dev's to be honest - we live in age where everyone acts so entitled, wants everything and wants it yesterday.

I'm on the receiving end in a job where one has to try and meet people's expectations, and those expectations are always VERY high. It's not fun, it can cause undue stress and it can make life very miserable - being told that you've done something wrong or haven't done it fast enough is demoralising; and even when you do it right, said people find something else to pick fault with. It really is soul destroying.

Sadly, those who hold said high expectations don't care. They just want what they want, and that is ALL they care about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
*Applauds*

I really do feel for the Dev's to be honest - we live in age where everyone acts so entitled, wants everything and wants it yesterday.

I'm on the receiving end in a job where one has to try and meet people's expectations, and those expectations are always VERY high. It's not fun, it can cause undue stress and it can make life very miserable - being told that you've done something wrong or haven't done it fast enough is demoralising; and even when you do it right, said people find something else to pick fault with. It really is soul destroying.

Sadly, those who hold said high expectations don't care. They just want what they want, and that is ALL they care about.
I take it you work in customer service?
Survivor of Remus
# 36
03-07-2013, 08:08 AM
I'm a software developer, and I know the kinds of stress you are talking about first hand. However, if I were to release software with features that failed immediately on use, and continued to leave those features broken for many many releases, I would no longer be working on that software as I would've gotten canned. Since us Lifers have paid for the game, and we often buy Zen as well, it seems like they could afford to have a medium-sized core set of developers that actually pay attention to the code quality. It might also help to have a few project leads that cared about the quality as well, and wouldn't let a release out if the critical and major bugs are fixed first.

-Thar
Empire Veteran
# 37
03-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharrisx View Post
I'd really like to see the Romulan +/- Threat consoles fixed at some point so the Threat modifier actually does something. Why are we spending dilithium and all the other stuff on embassy if it unlocks only buggy worthless consoles?

Please fix this? (It really shouldn't have been added into the game until it was actually useful IMHO.)

-Thar
They do things. It's not usually that -/+th that we care about.. it's the plasma DOT being added to say, spiral wave disruptors, that we care about. Because it's awesome.
Career Officer
# 38
03-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlizardo View Post
I take it you work in customer service?
No - but I have done.

I currently work for the NHS, as a Reception Supervisor in an Outpatient clinic of a Community Hospital. Though, sometimes the same applies - was 'told off' a few days ago by a patient who's appointment was at 11am - she came to the reception desk at 11:02 and gave our receptionist, and myself, a mouthfull about late-running Doctors/clinics.

I'll leave you to decide whether that sort of behaviour is reasonable or not.
Quote:
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Empire Veteran
# 39
03-07-2013, 08:15 AM
What's the NHS?
Career Officer
# 40
03-07-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milestfox View Post
What's the NHS?
The (UK) National Health Service.
Quote:
Closed Thread