Lieutenant
# 3621
03-05-2013, 02:01 PM
I think I forgot one essential thing I really hoped for when S7 was about to get released...

A day / night cycle on New Romulus and Defera (and similar planets).
Career Officer
# 3622
03-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Please make a public dev roadmap available. This game is so awesome and so vast that no one player giving commentary here can POSSIBLY know everything about it. So everytime I have an idea I want to share I am unsure if I'm just wasting Cryptic's time so I hold back. If you can share "some" of your roadmap changes without giving away any of the good info. It would help us to avoid wasting your time on mechanics and interface suggestions. -- Secondly.. this thread needs a house-keeping effort. I bet some of the ideas in here are already implemented.

Short Term:
Randomize the entry and exit points of planets and star systems. Like Sol and the various cross-over points. Ideally if you know where they "entered" the new location from you could use that as an three dimensional offset from "entry point zero" and make it a little more realistic.

Mid Term:
Sector Space Travel is kind of silly. The thing that is ruining my ability to overcome my disbelief is the MASSIVE amounts of ships flying about that are as large as star systems on the map. Here's my suggestion for this: a) make the camera position range go WAY out from ships in the sector space so that they can be tiny if you want to set it that way. b) start the camera at least twice as far away from the ship as usual, c) if at all possible make the scaling of OTHER objects in sector space relative to how far away they are. For example: If you're approaching Vulcan. Have Vulcan look tiny until you get within a few parsecs of it and then have it grow and grow until it dwarfs the player's ship and any other ships nearby. That would give the illusion that we're traveling VAST stretches of empty space an the scale of things feel more realistic.
Even if you only did A and B... you'd dramatically improve the feel of sector travel.

Long Term:
I'd like to be able to travel Sector Space from my bridge. That would really cool... then when an encounter was entered you could "go to tactical" and the starship combat mode is under way. At the very least with the scaling suggestion I made above you'd get rid of a lot of the "crowding" around the entry/exit points of the sectors and star systems.
Career Officer
# 3623 Starbase ROI
03-06-2013, 11:17 AM
This was 'prolly said somewhere way back(I don't have the time to go through 300+ pages)............

But the starbases generating some kind of revenue would be really nice......since I have to pay for items from there several times over.........i.e. spend the resources to get the XP to get the project, to then spend more resources to complete the project, spend more resources to stock the store, then spend more resources to get whatever items I wanted about 3 steps ago............Return on Investment kinda thing...............I guess I'm weird......
Career Officer
# 3624
03-06-2013, 09:51 PM
the only thing i really care about is being able to choose stack sizes on the exchange. I want it to only return results with stack sizes in a certain range that i can specify. When I search the exchange for data samples its flooded with singles and none of the 200+ stack sizes show up since it looks like the results are limited to only the first 400.
Lieutenant
# 3625
03-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Dilithium Refining.

8000 per day unless you are a 700 day (I think) vet. Seriously?

Ok, I realize that PW and Cryptic want players to stick around and continue playing the game instead of being able to quickly build their ships and end up bored with the game and move on to playing other games.
But, when you consider that in order to acquire the MACO space set you need a fair amount of Dilithium per piece. And that you have to get the full set BEFORE you can unlock the "Adapted" MACO set, it seems to me that we are wasting our time and Dilitium because once we have the Adapted set unlocked we are surely going to use that set instead of the Un-Adapted set.
Which now makes the un-adapted MACO set worthless because it is an Omega Reputation set and is bound.
So all we can do is sell it to the vendor for very little compared to it's cost and the effort put into acquiring it. Not to mention the wasted Dilithium.

So, you want us to have to work for the good stuff and you don't want us to be able to acquire the good stuff too quickly and end up bored with the game. Do you realize how boring it gets when you grind away at STF's and other good sources of Dilithium?
I've found that by the time I get the Adapted MACO set unlocked, I'm tired of doing STF's and everything else that's involved.

We need to be able to refine a minimum of 10,000 Dil per day.
Adapted MACO Space set= 34,000 per piece
Commander
# 3626
03-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Get rid of classes. They are smart for MMO's but not for Star Trek...unless someone is prepared to tell me the classes for Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway or Archer.

More current era ships.
Captain
# 3627
03-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan5000 View Post
Get rid of classes. They are smart for MMO's but not for Star Trek...unless someone is prepared to tell me the classes for Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway or Archer.

More current era ships.
thief, bard, rogue, orc, archer.

but yea, the "class" system here is so broken it doesn't even reflect the principles it was founded on
t6 cruiser? keep it, i'd rather have aux to dampers 3.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Lieutenant
# 3628
03-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
DEV Team,

ALL LONG TERM (Star Trek Online 2.0)

1. If any of you are familiar with the game ArmA II, it would be really awesome to have user created missions and user created PvP! Of course they would have be un-ranked in order to prevent "Stat Padding" as seen in the game Battlefield 2.

2. Next, I'd like to talk about user created star ships that we could download from the "Exchange". We can make it a 'Gold Membership' perk. So every month you can upload...say 10 new star ships or shuttles from a que of submissions that you deem fit for duty. And they can only be used in user created missions/PvP as not to infringe on the game itself.

3. Weapons upgrades should also include additional weapon slots...say one extra for both fore and aft. And console upgrades as well. For example being able to further 're-fit' your ship with extra consoles to bring the total to five.
I agree with a in-game mission editor, it should be built similar in style to the ARMA 2 sandbox as that is really easy to use!!
Lieutenant
# 3629
03-09-2013, 02:25 AM
PWE

PLEASE MAKE THE PATCH DOENLOAD AND GAME DOWNLOAD FASTER PLEASE!!
YOU ARE PUTTING A OFF GOOD MANY PEOPLE FROM PLAYING THIS GAME.
Sorry for the caps!

James A. Highland
Career Officer
# 3630
03-09-2013, 05:05 AM
Saveable Tray and Boff slots for every ship.

Would at least make me feel like giving this game another go.