Career Officer
# 11
03-07-2013, 09:20 AM
@ OP: in my thread here are the official scales by Paramount posted by... either Dough Drexler or John Eaves (got it from one of their Blogs anyway)... doesn't get more official than that.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=523691

conclusion: yes the Dreadnought is too small,
but the one in your link is not the correct size either.

The Dreadnought should be as long as 3 Galor Class ships, but in STO it is as long as 2 Galor Class Ships = Dreadnought is roughly one third too small.
Lieutenant
# 12
03-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Considering they somethimes use chains to turn their guns my guess would be STAEM!
lol. Starships traveling through space to invade foreign planets, powered by teams of workers shoveling coal into boilers in the lower decks.
Lieutenant
# 13
03-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
Then see chart 4. The V'Ger is...hugeeeeee. Imagine it as a lockbox ship
In The Motion Picture, one of the science guys mentions that the V'Ger cloud expanded to 82AU in diameter.

If that's true and it was referencing Astronomical Units (Average distance from the Earth to the Sun):

1 AU = 92,955,807 miles (149,597,871 km).

So V'Ger's cloud was about 7,622,376,174 miles (12,267,025,422 km) in diameter.

For reference, Pluto is about 32AU from the Sun.
Captain
# 14
03-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoon74 View Post
Scale as been one of my gripes since beta. Look at the size of a shuttle compares to a Defiant or Saber.

I'm not a computer programmer but is it a huge problem to alter the sizes slightly.
The scale for almost all the ships are actually pretty accurate. The shuttles are an exception because their size was deliberately made bigger so that when people are flying them, they can actually be seen easily and is a concession to STO being a game also.

As for the Defiant, the size is within the canon range, which is wide since the size was never consistent.

Other than the Dreadnought, as shown in zerobang's thread, I don't think any other ship sizes are significantly off.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----