Ensign
# 1 Target areas
03-01-2013, 12:32 AM
There are lots of bugs with target areas / markers in the foundry

2 big ones:

If you are in the area where when it becomes the current objective, you have to exit and re-enter the target area to trigger it.

In space, it seems to be semi impossible to hit the collision box (that or its bugged), even if you set the radius to be massive. Im guessing they are spheres - but it would be much more useful for them to be cylinders as there is no way to gauge height in a space map - and using the scan (v) doesn't work.

Last edited by mafoooster; 03-01-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
03-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

I'm looking into this just to make sure things are working properly.
Career Officer
# 3
03-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoooster View Post
If you are in the area where when it becomes the current objective, you have to exit and re-enter the target area to trigger it.
I would love if they could make it so it could detect that you're in th Reach Maker area when something becomes the current objective; but it seems more a major engine limitation because it happens in the Cryptic Dev made content too -

Example: If you happen to gain a new Level and are at the point where the game offers you the promotion mission, and are told to go see Admiral Qiunn - BUT, you're standing right next to him (the NPC), when you take the Promotion mission; you actually need to walk back to the door of his office; and then back to him to get him to talk to you and complete the promotion mission (IE there's a small reach marker around him, and if you take the promotion mission while inside it, it doesn't register you're near and able to talk to him until you leave and re-enter the area of that reach marker.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
03-07-2013, 10:16 AM
After some experimentation, I think I've found the main problem.

The waypoint displayed on map and mini-map is larger than the actual trigger volume for the Reach Marker task. So, in playing a mission, one can be inside the area designated by the waypoint yet still not be inside the trigger volume to complete the task.

This issue is now on The List. The usual disclaimers apply.