Empire Veteran
# 11
03-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
I may need help understanding this then because according to Wiki: http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_E..._Nepeta_Leaves ...

the requirement to complete the repeatable assignment is not 20 leaves, but 3 ... correct?

So, if I have actually completed the chain (even though I failed the 4th and last part) then it should not show up in my incomplete Assignment Chain summary UI (or whatever it's called), right?
That's odd... for every other chain, the missions advance the chain regardless of the outcome.

It sounds like a bug to me.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Captain
# 12
03-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Noooo !
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 13
03-07-2013, 02:48 PM
No, that's not right. The unique assignments in a chain can be failed, and won't advance the chain until you actually successfully complete it.

There are a few missions that allow you to fail while still advancing along the assignment chain, but I don't think this is one (and they're generally noted in the wiki).

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Empire Veteran
# 14
03-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
No, that's not right. The unique assignments in a chain can be failed, and won't advance the chain until you actually successfully complete it.

There are a few missions that allow you to fail while still advancing along the assignment chain, but I don't think this is one (and they're generally noted in the wiki).
Ah... my bad
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Captain
# 15
03-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Aiiieee!

So then my origianl question stands ... is there a trick to succeed or am I ranting against bad luck?

Rihannsu
# 16
03-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Use doffs that give you a higher success%?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 17
03-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Now is this the mission that you have been repeating ??? http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_P...ved_Stimulants

(as success or failure, it completes the chain...)

or is it this one, the repeatable... http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_E..._Nepeta_Leaves

In any case, there isn't much demand on the Exchange for 'Ferasan Chag Grass'. My Main and most of my Alts have the ability to churn this stuff out, but with no demand (and profit), whats the point... http://www.stowiki.org/Ferasan_Chag_Grass
Career Officer
# 18
03-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Learn 2 doff, noob.
Rihannsu
# 19
03-08-2013, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
That's odd... for every other chain, the missions advance the chain regardless of the outcome.

It's not a bug, there is a repeatable version of the actual chain assignment. All the biochemical investigations chains have repeatable versions of every step.

"Culinary Utilization" is a bonus unlock.
Captain
# 20
03-08-2013, 07:38 AM
@ grouchyotaku - I'm stuck on your first link (the one require 20 Leaves).

I'm not concerned at all to sell the end product. My goal is to complete the chain. You know, when you enter sector space, open the DOff UI and on the assignment list there is this one where at the end of the title states "(3/4)". Plus, I want the assignment to be removed from the chain list.

As for the parenthesis, I've always presumed that an indicator of 1) how many assignments are in the chain and 2) how many you have completed. So, to me, I'm reading I have the final one to complete, have tried 3x and failed.

I assure you all - I have not repeated the entire chain (the cost of the leaves alone is memorable enough to make me feel confident about that).

It's starting to seem to me that it's going to be about DOff placement and luck