Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System
Login

Lieutenant
I have yet to see anything rewarding these doffs.

I can't do my ship's lounge or entertaining assignments since I don't have these.

I had to wait a while just to be given a counselor from leveling up and being offered to by them on the doff dilithium store.
Commander
# 2
03-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Do the civilian recruitment assignment from SFA.
Rihannsu
# 3
03-07-2013, 05:24 PM
there's several other ways to get them, but they all require copious amounts of luck.

Any Asylum mission could theoretically give you one.
Prisoner Exchanges can give them.
Officer exchanges can give them.

But good luck with that. Those can seemingly give you ANY specialty. The blue Vorta Refugee I got today was an interesting surprise.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 4
03-07-2013, 05:26 PM
I don't know what prisoner/officer exchanges are.
Captain
# 5
03-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Fastest way is the exchange.

If you're just now setting up your crew, may I suggest looking through the unwanted DOFFs (like Photonic Engineer) which are often sold on the exchange for 2k ec, then take them to the personnel officer at the academy. You can trade in 5 whites for 1 green, if you get a bad one you can trade them back for 3 whites. Just buy 20-30 cheap ones, and spend a couple of hours trading them with the personnel officer.
Lieutenant
# 6
03-08-2013, 07:53 AM
If you start doing the colonial chains the support missions will give you refugees. If you start doing those a lot you'll be swimming in them -- and you'll hate Pudo. For me with the bartenders/chefs I bought most of them off of the exchange when I was doing those missions. However if you find this mission, http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_I...mporal_Anomaly, you get rewarded a purple bartender. Useful for the bar tending assignments, but I also use her in the support missions as well when I exhaust purple DOFFs that have 2+ crit traits.
Commander
# 7
03-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
If you're just now setting up your crew, may I suggest looking through the unwanted DOFFs (like Photonic Engineer) which are often sold on the exchange for 2k ec, then take them to the personnel officer at the academy. You can trade in 5 whites for 1 green, if you get a bad one you can trade them back for 3 whites. Just buy 20-30 cheap ones, and spend a couple of hours trading them with the personnel officer.
That's a pretty big waste of dilithium.
Captain
# 8
03-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
That's a pretty big waste of dilithium.
there's no charge for the whites
Career Officer
# 9
03-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
there's no charge for the whites
Untrue. It's 500 dil to upgrade 5 whites.

I just did it the other night when I had some excess dil laying around.

Join AIE Today! http://forum.myextralife.com/forum/6...r-trek-online/
Career Officer
# 10
03-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Also, for the OP.

You can go to the "Personnel Officer" at Starfleet Academy (or Klingon Academy) and they will have an option for Civilian Recruitment (or something to that effect).

It costs 1000 dil to do the mission, but it acts as a DO mission that doesn't need a DO assigned. When it completes you should have a handful of random assorted civilians (bartenders, entertainers, etc.) White quality.

Join AIE Today! http://forum.myextralife.com/forum/6...r-trek-online/