Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lieutenant
# 21
03-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Trying to be nicer than some people, but mostly they're right, your setup is.....questionable, and losing your temper on an internet board is just asking for flaming especially when they don't bother to read my posts when I clearly state one thing and they ask why I don't have that one thing that I said I already had.... For one, it looks like you're trying to use torpedoes to bring down shields, and as I said before which no one seems to be able to read, I switched out weapons AND Boffs the second time around (hint: This means I have more than one boff of each type for those of you that can't read; you can't see what I have in my inventory) when in fact they're for use after the shields are down (they suck against shields) I know. 5 or 6 beam arrays, plus one or two torpedoes will help more with the shields plus finisher. Alternately if you want a more 'direct' attack, 3 single cannons and a torpedo fore, 3 turrets aft, though on a ship as slow as what I'm guessing is a Galaxy-class, thats kinda iffy.

Second as to survival, the first rule of driving any cruiser (most ships, but cruisers especially) is to carry 2 Emergency To Shields and cycle them so that one is always on. The constant damage reduction adds to your shield longevity, plus a boost to power and a heal every 30 seconds besides. Add to that Tactical Team 1 which I already have on my main tact boff NOT SHOWN IN THE PICTURE, which redistributes shield power near-instantly when under fire, and you'll effectively quadruple your shield capacity. Finally you need to always carry Hazard Emitters for hull healing and to put out plasma fires, and possibly Polarize Hull 1 to get out of tractor locks I have been using evasive for that, and you'll survive much longer.

Third, don't let the torpedoes hit you, or tank when they do. You're a cruiser after all, and laughing off big hits is what you do. Eject Warp Plasma used as a barrier ...had it, changed to something else on one of the eng boffs or the one I got rid of, or Fire At Will I have it as you can see with that particular boff to shoot them down. Hit Brace For Impact I have it, and try when I can and/or Auxiliarty To Structural before the impact. Buy a layer of Monotanium armor uh what? I assume you can't craft this as I have never seen it before to boost your kinetic resistance (its the kinetic hit that kills). There are a dozen ways to mitigate that damage.

The D'deridex is really a one-trick pony. That tractor-torpedo thing kills a lot of new players, and the game itself is crap for information on how to deal with new situations. However, once you realize how to counter that trick, you'll realize that the D'deridex doesn't really have anything else to threaten you with. Stay calm and counter.

PS: You may want to switch your powers tray to type 4 just to get used to it. By endgame, the one you're using now simply doesn't hold enough stuff, and learning even just some of the hotkeys for your most-important powers can be a lifesaver. I am constantly getting rid of the extra trays to see more screen right now

What about sci team?

Last edited by itpalg; 03-07-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Captain
# 22
03-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itpalg View Post
What about sci team?
Sci team is a joke compared to tac team. Sci team heals a little bit on each facing, big whoop. With tac team you get all four of your shield facings thrown on one for ten seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Commander
# 23
03-07-2013, 03:00 PM
hi hi he said targ dung

Subscribed For: 1400+ Days
Captain
# 24
03-07-2013, 03:29 PM
't Ok I'll believe you that the boff setup showing isnt your normal stuff. I hope that's the case since you are chaining EPTA with zero aux dependent abilities slotted. There's really no excuse for 3 torps up front or FAW with 1dbb and 2 arrays, but w/e.

So post your build. We'll help. Other than that, destroy the torp. Plasma becomes targetable when HYT is used on it.
Captain
# 25
03-07-2013, 04:30 PM
-[Five Handy Don'ts for Beating a D'deridex]-

1. Don't be in front of it.

2. Don't be behind it.

3. Don't be within 3 KM of it.

4. Don't be without Hazard Emitters.

5. Don't be without Tractor Beam.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Lieutenant
# 26
03-07-2013, 04:47 PM
BTW all you people using acronyms need to spell it out.

Most of it I am ignoring as I don't know what you are talking about.
Captain
# 27
03-07-2013, 05:24 PM
attack pattern omega (apO) tractor imunity
+
engie team - viral matrix clear
+
polarize hull - tractor immunity + armor buff
=
DDs reduced to just a bit longer to kill than other npc's

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
-[Five Handy Don'ts for Beating a D'deridex]-

1. Don't be in front of it.

2. Don't be behind it.

3. Don't be within 3 KM of it.

4. Don't be without Hazard Emitters.

5. Don't be without Tractor Beam.
yea, DDs can fire the thy volley in any direction
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.

Last edited by skollulfr; 03-07-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
BTW all you people using acronyms need to spell it out.

Most of it I am ignoring as I don't know what you are talking about.
What is with your attitude? There have been several good suggestions here and you've been a total jerk about it. Now you can either accept the tips we've been trying to give you and move along, or you can continue to be a troll and say that no one is able to read/hasn't done this that and the rest.

EDIT: IMHO, reginmala has one of the best suggestions so far. So try going with his.
"Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
Elim Garak
Lieutenant
# 29
03-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csgtmyork View Post
What is with your attitude? There have been several good suggestions here and you've been a total jerk about it. Now you can either accept the tips we've been trying to give you and move along, or you can continue to be a troll and say that no one is able to read/hasn't done this that and the rest.

EDIT: IMHO, reginmala has one of the best suggestions so far. So try going with his.
Huh?

Now I am being berated because I don't understand people?

What is wrong with this community?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
O M G does no one even bother to read the replies or even the original post?
Quote:
I beg to differ.

It is quite obvious that people are not bothering to read with comprehension my original post and replies after it.

I clearly state that I said I changed out boffs and weapons trying different things. The gateway and / or screenshot are not indicative of my 100% all the time setup.

One person even asked about where is tact team when clearly I had already stated I tried a boff with it.

Once again I ask:

Does no one bother to read?

Quote:
Huh?

Now I am being berated because I don't understand people?

What is wrong with this community?
What's wrong? Look at the quotes I just posted and tell me you don't have an attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbailey View Post
We all have read the original post its just thats not the issue.
^ And this. We all understand the issues and we have been trying to help you, but you keep spitting in our face.

A great example of this is your little commentary on reginmala's suggestion.

Quote:
especially when they don't bother to read my posts when I clearly state one thing and they ask why I don't have that one thing that I said I already had....
Quote:
nd as I said before which no one seems to be able to read, I switched out weapons AND Boffs the second time around (hint: This means I have more than one boff of each type for those of you that can't read; you can't see what I have in my inventory)

STO WIKI
Here. So you can understand us better. Just match the corresponding powers to their abbreviations. (Example= TT1= Tactical Team 1. Not hard.)
"Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
Elim Garak

Last edited by csgtmyork; 03-07-2013 at 05:41 PM.