Starfleet Veteran
# 41
03-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
CmdrScarlet and I had been discussing using past LCs as a way of 'getting our fix' between the formal LCs, there are certainly some good ones in that list What ultimately shaped my decision for this, was that there were two stories/LCs which I really wanted to tackle, and a third which I rather liked the idea of. In the end, I felt I could best accomplish that by combining two LCs into one entry, and simply passing on the third (Replicator Rations) I had the mental image of Captain Palmer sitting in an eatery at McKinley Station, and watching the port nacelle being re-built while considering her 'staffing problems', but I haven't actually worked out how to resolve them myself, so can hardly write them... I guess that could be considered a trailer for the next LC featuring Captain Palmer
I see. Well, I look forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Also, what does everyone else think of my entry?
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
I see. Well, I look forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Also, what does everyone else think of my entry?

I liked it a lot

Just finished one myself, this was hard picking which topic and character to go with, but since I've been playing Polekitty more, figured Q wouldn't be happy with some other semi omipotent being sticking people into different universes.
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
03-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightraider6 View Post
I liked it a lot

Just finished one myself, this was hard picking which topic and character to go with, but since I've been playing Polekitty more, figured Q wouldn't be happy with some other semi omipotent being sticking people into different universes.
A rather interesting one, and a rather different take on interactions with Q.

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Rihannsu
# 44
03-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Done with mine. Was a little difficult to pick a topic to write about, but in the end I decided to use LC's 21 & 22 as a base for how Bryan got command of his Odyssey class ship.

A couple things to explain: First, this was written as a sort of "prologue" to my current series of LC's, and it takes place about a year before my last entry for the "Lone Drone" topic. Second, in case you haven't guessed yet, my new profile pic is actually what Bryan looks like in-game. Third, yes, Bryan is quoting Tennyson's Ulysses briefly.

For the soundtrack:

The fallen Athena: Sam Hulick; An End, Once and For All (Extended Cut) (Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut OST) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLxv_g_zQkY
The Athena Reborn: Thomas Bergersen; A Place in Heaven (Illusions) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iHmWdbKp1w
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Starfleet Veteran
# 45
03-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironphoenix113 View Post
Done with mine. Was a little difficult to pick a topic to write about, but in the end I decided to use LC's 21 & 22 as a base for how Bryan got command of his Odyssey class ship.

A couple things to explain: First, this was written as a sort of "prologue" to my current series of LC's, and it takes place about a year before my last entry for the "Lone Drone" topic. Second, in case you haven't guessed yet, my new profile pic is actually what Bryan looks like in-game. Third, yes, Bryan is quoting Tennyson's Ulysses briefly.

For the soundtrack:

The fallen Athena: Sam Hulick; An End, Once and For All (Extended Cut) (Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut OST) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLxv_g_zQkY
The Athena Reborn: Thomas Bergersen; A Place in Heaven (Illusions) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iHmWdbKp1w
Definitely a fun read.

I liked reading how your character came to be in command of his Odyssey-Class.

May I ask what you thought of my entry?

Rihannsu
# 46
03-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Definitely a fun read.

I liked reading how your character came to be in command of his Odyssey-Class.

May I ask what you thought of my entry?
If I had to put it in one word: Excellent. If I were to use more than one: Pure Genius. Certainly a very interesting departure from what I typically think of the Mirror Universe as being. Again, great work
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
03-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
If I had to put it in one word: Excellent. If I were to use more than one: Pure Genius. Certainly a very interesting departure from what I typically think of the Mirror Universe as being. Again, great work
Thank you very much.

Again, I'll see if I can make more entries, using either Lelouch, my Main Takeshi, or any of my other characters.

Captain
# 48
03-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Yo, more than one LC in one post?! I could actually write up the event leading to Galatea's near-destruction (while attempting space combat prose), the moment in Club 47 mentioned in my LC1 post AND how Kathryn got the Solaris!! That's insane writing within a week

@ marcusdkane - Simply awesome! All that Vulcan hurt my brain though, yet it really made the piece better.

@ takeshi6 - Marvelous Mirror Universe piece. As stated earlier, it's a great take on the other side and definitely has potential for follow-up.

I'm still catching up!
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 49
03-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightraider6 View Post
That was such a fun read I love Q. And Q So to see them both like that was fantastic
Captain
# 50
03-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:

For the soundtrack:

As always, a really nice entry, and it was nice to see how Bryan got his command I loved the image of him walking the ship, hearing the echos of the past, and it was very easy to visualize