Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Commander
# 31
03-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itpalg View Post
BTW all you people using acronyms need to spell it out.

Most of it I am ignoring as I don't know what you are talking about.
Because the way you phrased this post is rude, and sounds totally ungrateful. There has been a wave of threads like this recently, someone comes in with some problem then acts like a d-bag to everyone trying to help.

Basically, your build needs some work. I had the same thing going when I started STO, weird boff setup, odd weapons combo, etc.

What did I do?

I went through the shipyard forums, the gameplay forums, the PvE forum, and the PvP forum. I looked at a few builds, and read the responses. I learned. Now, after a year or two, I feel confident that I can make intelligent contributions here and there. If I had a really burning question, I asked nicely.

When someone used an abbreviation I wasn't familiar with, did I go and post " ffs i r ignores j00 don unnerstand lolol!"? No, I did a quick search and found several stickied threads with translations in them.

So basically, if you want us to do a Reader's Digest condensed shipbuilding 101 thread for you, act a little less like a 3rd grader. If you don't want to deal with all the people trying to help you because you're not up to doing some legwork, I'd suggest just keeping quiet and making use of the forum's excellent search function.

Cheers.
Lieutenant
# 32
03-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csgtmyork View Post
What's wrong? Look at the quotes I just posted and tell me you don't have an attitude.

^ And this. We all understand the issues and we have been trying to help you, but you keep spitting in our face.

A great example of this is your little commentary on reginmala's suggestion.

STO WIKI
Here. So you can understand us better. Just match the corresponding powers to their abbreviations. (Example= TT1= Tactical Team 1. Not hard.)

All you did was point out what I had already shown that people were ignoring the facts that I had already stated. I don't understand how you can't see this. Why people would tell me to do something over and over when I clearly stated I did it already...etc.

When you have people over and over have blinders to what you say, why would you NOT be very annoyed?

Your previous quote berating me for not understanding acronyms and still saying I have a bad attitude for it ...I am throwing my hands in the air.

I replied to reginamala78 pointing back to previous replies showing how people....you know what I am just repeating myself again. I shouldn't have to in written form. It is there for you to read, but apparently people can't which is why I edited my first post in red.

The first reply was ok, as well as the tractor repulse comments etc.

Most of the other replies are crap, laughing, pointing fingers, derision, sneering, etc.

My comment on acronyms was a simple statement of not understanding. YOU made it more.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itpalg View Post

Your previous quote berating me for not understanding acronyms and still saying I have a bad attitude for it ...I am throwing my hands in the air.

I replied to reginamala78 pointing back to previous replies showing how people....you know what I am just repeating myself again. I shouldn't have to in written form. It is there for you to read, but apparently people can't which is why I edited my first post in red.

The first reply was ok, as well as the tractor repulse comments etc.

My comment on acronyms was a simple statement of not understanding. YOU made it more.
LOLOLOL. I love the way I have been twisted.

For the record: If I was berating you for not knowing acronyms, I would have said something along the lines of "Learn your acronyms, nub."

As it is, I am berating your whole attitude.

Also, if you cared to look at my last post you would've noticed the link I gave you to the STO Wiki so that you can better understand what is being said.

Also, I agree with everything that Jornado said. He put it better than I could've.
"Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
Elim Garak
Empire Veteran
# 34
03-07-2013, 06:36 PM
It's been a while since I last ran Ground Zero, so just to be sure, I ran it again. On elite, with my normal PvE setup, I had no problem taking him down. Of course, I don't use four torpedoes and an ill advised BOff layout, but the mission is neither BS, nor Targ Dung. I did however use a Tier 5 ship, but I don't remember having any problems when I was leveling up, either.

If the OP is unwilling to make significant changes in his build - and why bother while leveling up - he should consider getting some friends to help. If he doesn't have friends, a simple call for help should net him one or two people willing to help out.
Captain
# 35
03-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Also I am looking at your build and seeing a ton of torps. I would recommend you switch to a 6 BA 1 torp setup (torp on front, BAs everywhere else). Then you can broadside the sucker to death. Also EPtS3 and EPtW2 are your friend.

No offense, but looking at your BOff layout, frankly I am not surprised you got owned.

Here's a good build that will get you what you need:

Lt Tac: Tactical Team 1, Tactical Team 2
Cmdr Engi: Engineering Team 1, Emergency Power to Weapons 2, Emergency Power to Shields 3, Auxiliary to the Structural Integrity Field 3
Lt Engi: Emergency Power to Shields 1, Emergency Power to Weapons 2
Lt Sci: Hazard Emitters 1, Transfer Shield Strength 2

You can train every ability there at the BOff trainer on Earth Space Dock except for Aux2SIF3 and EPtS3. If you are an engineer, you can train EPtS3, if you aren't an engineer, put a Reverse Shield Polarity 2 there. The Aux2SIF you can get from a purple engineering BOff on the exchange.

As for weapons, I would use 3 Beam arrays 1 torp on front, 3 beam arrays on rear.

Just keep cycling Tactical teams, since it will basically keep your shield facing that the enemy is on strong, and keep cycling your EPtS and EPtW and you will be able to beat it.
I posted once, OP apparently missed it, so here it is again. This WILL beat that pathetic weakling, even on elite, already tested it and did 5 runs just to be sure. That reman scrub will bite it with this setup.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 36
03-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
If the OP is unwilling to make significant changes in his build - and why bother while leveling up - he should consider getting some friends to help. If he doesn't have friends, a simple call for help should net him one or two people willing to help out.
Well, he's one level away from being able to use an actual ship. May as well just hit up Mirror, get that level, and ditch that trash in favor of an actual ship that's worth loading out for. Of course, then it's 5 more levels before he can use actual equipment...but with a decent boff setup, he should be able to faceroll his way to victory at that point with just the stock junk.
Commander
# 37
03-07-2013, 11:16 PM
I think it's a bit too strong for a NPC 40k damage is to much. In the past there were a few problems with d'deridex NPCs.

Subscribed For: 1400+ Days
Captain
# 38
03-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmanzelot View Post
I think it's a bit too strong for a NPC 40k damage is to much. In the past there were a few problems with d'deridex NPCs.
if it did this through shields and wasn't targetable and destroyable i would agree...however it is targetable/destroyable and if it hits shields it is harmless.
basically this encounter teaches new players:"avoid or kill the green ball flying at you!" for later against the borg.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 39
03-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
if it did this through shields and wasn't targetable and destroyable i would agree...however it is targetable/destroyable and if it hits shields it is harmless.
basically this encounter teaches new players:"avoid or kill the green ball flying at you!" for later against the borg.
Best part is, that flying ball of fun is... SLOW. AS. HELL.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 40
03-08-2013, 01:35 AM
And visible. Wait until you meet the Borg. They do the same thing, only invisibly.