Captain
# 1 Tau Dawa Red Alert
03-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Has anyone else figured out how to run the Tau Dawa Red Alerts on any kind of regular basis?

It seems that it is in a continual reset mode with no indication of when it will finish; once in a rare while you can run it.

At least the the Borg missions at Ker'rat shows a countdown to reset.

Edit: Sorry... Tau DEwa.

Last edited by sirokk; 03-06-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Captain
# 2
03-06-2013, 04:10 PM
I initially had looked through the Release Notes and did not find any mention... I finally found some posts referring to the Red Alerts... It looks like it's been bugged since the release of the season.

It appears that Cryptic is leaving it in (and not fixing it) as a reminder that there are bugs in the game...
Empire Veteran
# 3
03-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirokk View Post
I initially had looked through the Release Notes and did not find any mention... I finally found some posts referring to the Red Alerts... It looks like it's been bugged since the release of the season.

It appears that Cryptic is leaving it in (and not fixing it) as a reminder that there are bugs in the game...
It has been bugged since release, and many are frustrated, and has easily lead to such statements that it's not a priority...

As far as we know though, the devs simply don't know what's causing it yet. And without that knowledge, all the other steps of fixing and testing are useless (just like being unable to do mission 2 in a doff chain, until 1 is complete).
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
03-07-2013, 04:26 AM
It seems to work very randomly (when it feels like it), and has nothing to do with how fast you click after the alert pops is all I can say. Keep trying.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
03-07-2013, 07:32 AM
since cryptic CANT or WONT fix the red alerts how about give us another daily instead DAILY RED ALERT lol yea sure.

change the daily wrapper to do a mine trap mission or someting.
Captain
# 6
03-07-2013, 07:34 AM
I don't do the daily stuff it does my head in!! STF's etc aren't too bad good rewards for 20-30 mins play on the long ones but the daily ones just are too boring to keep doing over and over!!
Captain
# 7
03-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Since the Red Alerts have not been fixed despite being like this for a very long time, we could assume its "working as intended" - just like a lot of the other very very long outstanding bugs like a certain KDF Doff chain sets.
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Empire Veteran
# 8
03-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
Since the Red Alerts have not been fixed despite being like this for a very long time, we could assume its "working as intended" - just like a lot of the other very very long outstanding bugs like a certain KDF Doff chain sets.
You mean the Biogenic Weaponization Chain?

In case you haven't checked the Doff subforum recently, Bort has found out the reason why this has been happening, and is fixing it It hasn't been in a patch note yet, but no doubt it's coming

And I might add he posted that reply on 2/23, about two weeks ago
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Career Officer
# 9
03-07-2013, 02:31 PM
The sad thing is that this was an issue with the borg red alerts for the longest time, then they fixed those and all was good.

Then they released the tholian red alerts and it reintroduced this bug back into the wild, now both borg and tholian red alerts are doing the same thing.

It seems they may have injected a piece of old code back in when they started the tholian RAs, should be simple enough to fix since they have already done so once... but no, sadly it seems this will continue to be ignored.

In a recent interview Stahl indicated they were looking at a new way to do red alerts coming in the may update, so for now we have to deal with a broken system and the STO populace that is starved for romulan marks as a result.
InGame - @Darth_Tauri
Joined - 9/2011
"You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
Captain
# 10
03-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the replies confirming this fact. I wonder if they tried recreating the mission from scratch.

Oh well... Thanks again, folks.