# 51
03-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Yo, more than one LC in one post?!
To quote Mister Punch: "That's the way to do it!"

Quote:
I could actually write up the event leading to Galatea's near-destruction (while attempting space combat prose), the moment in Club 47 mentioned in my LC1 post AND how Kathryn got the Solaris!! That's insane writing within a week
Do it

Quote:
marcusdkane - Simply awesome! All that Vulcan hurt my brain though, yet it really made the piece better.
Thanks ^_^ I was worried about how well that much Vulcan would flow, but felt that there were too many aspects which would be 'lost in translation' had I simply stuck to English all the way through... What did you think of the conversation between Selek and T'Marc?

If anyone has any additional feedback, I am always willing to receive it

Also, if anyone was wondering how Cameron's name is properly pronounced, it is:

Ka-Aah-Mair-Raahn

Easy to see why she Anglicized it
Rihannsu
# 52
03-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
As always, a really nice entry, and it was nice to see how Bryan got his command I loved the image of him walking the ship, hearing the echos of the past, and it was very easy to visualize
ty! To be honest, that was probably the most difficult part to get right, because I wanted to get just the right impact of Bryan walking through the ship. I guess I got the point across though.
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Captain
# 53
03-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironphoenix113 View Post
ty! To be honest, that was probably the most difficult part to get right, because I wanted to get just the right impact of Bryan walking through the ship. I guess I got the point across though.
To use the parlance of the Americas, you hit it out of the park It worked nicely, as it wasn't just "down the corridor, took a left then the third right...", and a good conveyance of Bryan's memories over-lapping his location As above, any feedback you might have on mine is always welcome
Starfleet Veteran
# 54
03-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
@ takeshi6 - Marvelous Mirror Universe piece. As stated earlier, it's a great take on the other side and definitely has potential for follow-up.
Thank you very much.

Part of me wants to try the other Mirror Universe LC, have a meeting between STO Lelouch and Mirror Lelouch, but I'm leaning towards not doing that--leave them separate for now.

Well, I'll see if I can figure out an entry for another challenge.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 55
03-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Alright, I've just posted the first bit of my own entry, and should be able to post more tonight. Just as a warning, though, this entry will probably be a long one, spanning several posts.
Captain
# 56
03-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
Alright, I've just posted the first bit of my own entry, and should be able to post more tonight. Just as a warning, though, this entry will probably be a long one, spanning several posts.
Oh man, that was tasty! On a technical note, there were a few ?s in the wrong places, but I know how the forum likes to play around with copy and paste But that aside, fantastic! It will be fantastic to learn more about the Korda and their customs
Captain
# 57
03-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Oh man, that was tasty! On a technical note, there were a few ?s in the wrong places, but I know how the forum likes to play around with copy and paste But that aside, fantastic! It will be fantastic to learn more about the Korda and their customs
Yeah, having to go over every single quotation mark, elipsis and hyphen during posting is quite annoying. Is it due to a difference in font, I wonder? If I reset my word processor to the same one used by the forum, would I not have this problem?

Glad you like it so far. Post #2 is up.
Captain
# 58
03-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Just read it. And frankly, I found myself much more sympathetic to the Telvenar than to Arkos. I'm not exactly convinced Arkos made his decision based on Starfleet regs...I think deep down he enjoyed the thought of the Chastised getting crushed. That, and I think he didn't like the (true) accusation thrown at him, either.

Please tell me he didn't plan to/hasn't already planned to space his double.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Commander
# 59
03-08-2013, 07:02 PM
ambassadormolari:
While I haven't read your story yet, I can tell you that the ? issue is a result of your word processor using fancy characters rather than plain text. One common example, if not THE most common, is open-and-close quotes, or apostrophes, rather than simple " and '. Hyphens and ellipses are also common substitutions, as you note.

My advice is to save a copy of your document as Plain Text (ASCII DOS Text or some similar option), copy and paste that text into the post window, and then manually add markup (italics, bold, etc) to match what's in your original story before pushing the Reply button.
Rihannsu
# 60
03-08-2013, 07:27 PM
So now that I've (finally) had time to read the other entries:

@cmdrscarlet

Great entry! It's interesting to see what some officers will do to remember a good ship.

@jonsills

Looks like your crew really has a penchant for bad luck Great work, and I can't wait to see what you do in the next one!

@designationxr377

That makes me glad the Athena has a full AI managing the cyberwarfare suite Great entry mate!

@marcus

Very well done! About the only thing is that, though I did see your explanation for K'm'Rn's name being Anglicized, I personally would have tried to include that type of explanation in my story. Not huge, just some food for thought based on personal taste

@takeshi

Once more, great entry! Short, sweet, and to the point.

@knightraider6

Great work portraying the two Q's together. It gets a little confusing with the two having the same name, but then what can you expect from an omnipotent, arrogant society?

@ambassadormolari

Sounds like your Captain and his First officer are going to have a bit of a rough spot in the coming days. Great work, and I can't wait to read what you write for the next LC.

One more thing I forgot to mention: In case some of you weren't awayre, Odysseus, the Ancient Greek hero that my fighter is named for, was one of Athena's patron hero's, as told in Homer's Illiad and Odyssey. Thought that would be a fitting name for an auxiliary craft attached to a ship named after a goddess.

EDIT:
One of the things I try to do to solve the " -> ? problem that seems to plague many posts is I type the entry in the actual "Reply to Thread" page, but when I go to save the post for later, I simply copy-paste into a word doc or other text format. Then when I want to edit later, I simply pull up the thread again, and re-copy-paste into the text box.
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet

Last edited by ironphoenix113; 03-08-2013 at 07:32 PM.