Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Closed Thread

Rihannsu
# 61
03-07-2013, 08:43 AM
I personally hate the way most of the Eng kits look. Wear GIANT backpack? um... no.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 62
03-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I personally hate the way most of the Eng kits look. Wear GIANT backpack? um... no.
Yeah, very Star Trek -ish looking, isn't it?

Some designers at cryptic seem to have a very ... unique ... understanding on how certain things should look in a Star Trek game.
Captain
# 63
03-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
Yeah, very Star Trek -ish looking, isn't it?

Some designers at cryptic seem to have a very ... unique ... understanding on how certain things should look in a Star Trek game.
The kits (along with the uniforms and a couple of the starship variants) are holdovers from Perpetuals vision of Star Trek Online.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 64
03-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
The kits (along with the uniforms and a couple of the starship variants) are holdovers from Perpetuals vision of Star Trek Online.
I don't want to step on anyones toes, but some things really hurt the eye.
On the other hand i somehow like the Excaliber ship model (well, some variations of it).

Anyway, i wanted to talk about faces.
I really hope we get some more Human faces, everyone looks the same or at least somehow related. Some more variations would be nice.

Another thing is that we should be able to create more Alien looking species.
Something like the salarians from Mass Effect would be cool. I know that copyright stuff prevents that, but it would be nice if we could create at least something similar.
Differnt body shapes, Legs and Arms would be cool. Just like the draenai legs (WOW, sorry) for example.

What i would also like to see would be a slider to set the eye angle, so we could create the classic roswell aliens (the little grey ones). Like this: \/

Differnt kinds of walk animations would be also cool, like species that go to all fours when running. The possibilities are endless, just look at the different animals here on earth for inspiration.

I think one of the greatest advantages STO has compared to a TV show is the almost infinite possibilities to create all kinds of aliens. Shapes no actor could fit in are no problem in a game like this, i think STO should utilize that advantage and develop it.

Even tough i do get upset so often about that game, i like it's possibilities so much. I think Cryptic should give us even more tools to create fantasic species.
(Not just BIG humans, how boring is that? )
Captain
# 65
03-13-2013, 09:19 AM
BTW. Please no more using different color palettes on the same uniform or any uniform.
Seriously if they can't even make the black on the TNG series uniform look like the same black as on an other uniform, they should rather skip that whole Tailor customization stuff at all.
Rihannsu
# 66
03-13-2013, 09:40 AM
my best guess is that they're doing a revamp of the way the game tracks faction. As several people have mentioned, the way it works now is kinda hacky.... and results in glitches.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 67
03-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
my best guess is that they're doing a revamp of the way the game tracks faction. As several people have mentioned, the way it works now is kinda hacky.... and results in glitches.
Perhaps. I would hope to be able to use, and possibly mix and match stuff on the Opposite Faction boffs and the like.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 68
03-13-2013, 03:36 PM
It's rumored that the changes might be similar to Neverwinters.

If that's true, then I DO NOT WANT. I honestly hated the Neverwinter Character creator. It was just terrible.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Rihannsu
# 69
03-13-2013, 04:41 PM
It was an incomplete version AFAIK. When I used it, half the UI was missing.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 70
03-18-2013, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post

Anyway, i wanted to talk about faces.
I really hope we get some more Human faces, everyone looks the same or at least somehow related. Some more variations would be nice.

Another thing is that we should be able to create more Alien looking species.
Something like the salarians from Mass Effect would be cool. I know that copyright stuff prevents that, but it would be nice if we could create at least something similar.
Differnt body shapes, Legs and Arms would be cool. Just like the draenai legs (WOW, sorry) for example.

What i would also like to see would be a slider to set the eye angle, so we could create the classic roswell aliens (the little grey ones). Like this: \/

Differnt kinds of walk animations would be also cool, like species that go to all fours when running. The possibilities are endless, just look at the different animals here on earth for inspiration.

I think one of the greatest advantages STO has compared to a TV show is the almost infinite possibilities to create all kinds of aliens. Shapes no actor could fit in are no problem in a game like this, i think STO should utilize that advantage and develop it.

Even tough i do get upset so often about that game, i like it's possibilities so much. I think Cryptic should give us even more tools to create fantasic species.
(Not just BIG humans, how boring is that? )
I agree on all these points.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Closed Thread