Captain
# 321
03-04-2013, 11:31 AM
I find the main draw of Neverwinter to be the essence of D&D. D&D was the first roleplaying game that all fantasy MMORPGs are based off of. One friend created the adventure while others played through the adventure. Neverwinter can capture the feel where numerous people spent countless weekends playing and creating characters and adventures with the Foundry. Every other fantasy MMO out there has people following a story set up by the devs. However with Neverwinter, I can create my own story and my own adventure. I don't even have to bother with the story of the game except for the tutorial.
Career Officer
# 322
03-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
I find the main draw of Neverwinter to be the essence of D&D. D&D was the first roleplaying game that all fantasy MMORPGs are based off of. One friend created the adventure while others played through the adventure. Neverwinter can capture the feel where numerous people spent countless weekends playing and creating characters and adventures with the Foundry. Every other fantasy MMO out there has people following a story set up by the devs. However with Neverwinter, I can create my own story and my own adventure. I don't even have to bother with the story of the game except for the tutorial.
Actually it's not an original idea I was doing this years ago running a persistent world server for Neverwinter Nights using the original foundry tool. However was not MMO as we didn't have thousands of players, just a 100 or so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_toolset

That toolset despite being for a 2002 engine still has way more power than the Foundry here, but that's because it has a Java-like scripting language that the user could access giving you the option to do a lot of complex things.

I await to see if their Foundry is as hamstrung in Neverwinter as it is here but I simply won't play the game on principle based on how the company seems to operate.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 03-04-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Captain
# 323
03-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Have gained access to the login screen of the actual Neverwinter game instead of just the launcher. Stuck on Connecting to Login servers, but that is to be expected since access isn't until Friday. Last week I could download the client, but not get past the login screen of the launcher. Last weekend I could get past the login screen, but not download the various patches.
Survivor of Romulus
# 324
03-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Welp, since ESO didn't get back to me... *starts the torrent version*

EDIT: SEED YOU HONORLESS PETAQ'S
I did the direct download last night took about an hour to get and I didn't have to install that pando thingy whatever it is so all in all that was decent

Last edited by bughunter357; 03-04-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Ensign
# 325
03-05-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm interested in this, but only now (some nine months later) have discovered that my pre-existing lifetime subscription to STO may make me eligible. It seems my Perfect World account is not yet flagged as having access. What's a fellow to do?

Edit: Doing a little reading, it seems ironic that I discovered this was going to happen 9 months later, because apparently the STO Lifetime Subscriber invitation into the Neverwinter beta starts in 3 days!

Well, should I be watching my email, then, or is this something I need to apply for?

Last edited by geldon; 03-05-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Commander
# 326
03-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geldon View Post
I'm interested in this, but only now (some nine months later) have discovered that my pre-existing lifetime subscription to STO may make me eligible. It seems my Perfect World account is not yet flagged as having access. What's a fellow to do?

Edit: Doing a little reading, it seems ironic that I discovered this was going to happen 9 months later, because apparently the STO Lifetime Subscriber invitation into the Neverwinter beta starts in 3 days!

Well, should I be watching my email, then, or is this something I need to apply for?
Your account should automatically be flagged for access into the beta weekend.
Ensign
# 327
03-05-2013, 04:34 PM
For 125 Zen, draw a card from your looted Deck of Many Things - for this adventure, you have a 1 in 250 chance of unlocking your very own Tarasque mount!
Career Officer
# 328
03-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Anybody get into the game yet?

I'm patching another 1105Mb at the moment.

Third patch I've done this week.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 329
03-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Anybody get into the game yet?

I'm patching another 1105Mb at the moment.

Third patch I've done this week.
I'm still downloading the client installer. 2Kb/s high over the last week... It's actually painful.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 330
03-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Thought STO Lifetimers got access. What a rip.

No Keys, no access, no nothing. Feels like a Bait-and-Switch.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.

Last edited by azurianstar; 03-08-2013 at 06:09 PM.