Career Officer
# 11
03-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itpalg View Post
I don't know what prisoner/officer exchanges are.
They're assignments. Generally around Omega Leonis, Alpha Trianguli, and Beta Ursae.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 12
03-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussfury View Post
Also, for the OP.

You can go to the "Personnel Officer" at Starfleet Academy (or Klingon Academy) and they will have an option for Civilian Recruitment (or something to that effect).

It costs 1000 dil to do the mission, but it acts as a DO mission that doesn't need a DO assigned. When it completes you should have a handful of random assorted civilians (bartenders, entertainers, etc.) White quality.
This is incorrect. Only the 'General Recruitment' assignment costs Dilithium. All of the 'Junior Officer Cadre' assignments can be done with no costs...

(And I should know, as I've been having my Main and all my Alts grind these missions to provide Doffs for the Projects of the Fleet I'm in. We get our Tier V Shipyard in just a few more days...)
Commander
# 13
03-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
there's no charge for the whites
1 green > 3 whites is free, 5 whites > 1 green costs 500 dil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussfury View Post
You can go to the "Personnel Officer" at Starfleet Academy (or Klingon Academy) and they will have an option for Civilian Recruitment (or something to that effect).

It costs 1000 dil to do the mission, but it acts as a DO mission that doesn't need a DO assigned. When it completes you should have a handful of random assorted civilians (bartenders, entertainers, etc.) White quality.
General recruitment (which gives... 5? haven't done the assignment since the dil cost was added, so I don't remember exactly) costs 1,000 dil and gives doffs of any specialization. Specific recruitment gives 2 doffs of a category and is free.
Rihannsu
# 14
03-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Also, General Recruitment give you a pack which always or almost always(I forget which) gives you a doff that is green or better. I've gotten as high as purples though, just very rarely.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 15
03-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Also, General Recruitment give you a pack which always or almost always(I forget which) gives you a doff that is green or better. I've gotten as high as purples though, just very rarely.
Yeah, it's something like that. I haven't run the mission since the dilithium cost was added so I don't remember exactly what it is.