Starfleet Veteran
# 341
03-09-2013, 02:18 AM
I downloaded and played during the Beta weekend. It managed to keep my attention for about 10 minutes. Sorry, I found it very boring and cookie cutter. It felt and looked really clunky compared to GW2 (the last fantasy MMO I tried). I am not sure what all the fuss it about. Back to my adventures in STO.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net

Last edited by jkstocbr; 03-09-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Lieutenant
# 342
03-09-2013, 04:53 AM
Now that Neverwinter is coming out, can we have our devs back please?
Career Officer
# 343
03-09-2013, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
I downloaded and played during the Beta weekend. It managed to keep my attention for about 10 minutes. Sorry, I found it very boring and cookie cutter. It felt and looked really clunky compared to GW2 (the last fantasy MMO I tried). I am not sure what all the fuss it about. Back to my adventures in STO.
Heh I played it for 20 minutes last night and came to the conclusion that DDO whips it's sorry ass in every department.
Career Officer
# 344
03-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypt0kn1ght View Post
Sorry to hear you're missing out. It's fun so far. Got my invite on the 6th.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for supporting Cryptic Studios by being a lifetime subscriber for Star Trek Online! As one of the perks, you are qualified to participate in the second Beta Weekend for their upcoming action MMORPG, Neverwinter! Among the available content this weekend will be four classes, seven races, and a level cap of 40!

Neverwinter will be available to play starting March 8th at 12pm PST, and then closing on March 10th at 11:59pm PST.

Your access has been applied directly to your account, so you can download and be ready to play when the servers open!

Download the client here!

For any issues when logging in, please contact Customer Support.

Support Neverwinter to receive a ton of awesome items and perks!

Check out the news post on Beta Weekend Two!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got this exact e-mail, on the same day that crypt0kn1ght did - big, flashy graphic and everything.

That said, they advertised it on the front page of the website, on the forums, and (if I remember correctly) in one of the images in the launcher (the one that cycles through recent C-Store releases and the like). I honestly don't know what more Cryptic could have done to get the word out.

Also, if the download is a bandwidth hog, you can try torrenting it (since there is a torrent option), where you have more control over how the download works.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain9prime View Post
IDIC fail.
Career Officer
# 345
03-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Eventually managed to download the client, (both the normal download option and torrent option seemed stuck perpetually at 2KB/s all week...) and have managed to get a few hours of game time in, so far I'm really quite enjoying it. Even decided to get the 'middle of the road' founders pack.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 346
03-09-2013, 06:46 PM
I played to about level 20. My concern would be, what happens once you reach level 60 in a week? I know there will be more content later but I could see it running dry rather quickly. I'm just anxious for STO to get some more Dev love after this is released. It seems Neverwinter beta is more polished than STO is now. It certainly is much more detailed in it's structures streets and various map locations. Character creation is kinda drab, especially detailing... that's one area where STO knocks it out of the park. I hope we aren't going to be using their character creator with our next update... it maybe more streamlined, but it's very limited on visual choices. Their powers in the game need to be evaluated more as I played a wizard and it seems the higher level powers really don't provide better damage than the lower level powers. I found myself re-equipping my entry level skills for more dmg, etc.
Captain
# 347
03-09-2013, 07:45 PM

Last edited by sirsitsalot; 03-10-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Career Officer
# 348
03-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkindness2 View Post
I got this exact e-mail, on the same day that crypt0kn1ght did - big, flashy graphic and everything.

That said, they advertised it on the front page of the website, on the forums, and (if I remember correctly) in one of the images in the launcher (the one that cycles through recent C-Store releases and the like). I honestly don't know what more Cryptic could have done to get the word out.

Also, if the download is a bandwidth hog, you can try torrenting it (since there is a torrent option), where you have more control over how the download works.
Again, I never got an Email. And never saw anything on the STO webpage or the launcher, except when Branflakes told us about it a few weeks ago in this very thread.

And I don't have a torrent capability. Never bothered since many companies are cracking down on Torrents due to pirates.
Career Officer
# 349
03-09-2013, 08:59 PM
I didn't get an email either...

But I did check this thread every once in a while...

And if you go back to about post #298 on the 3rd of this month, you'll find that there was a discussion started that indicated just how STO LTS players could get into the beta. and when they could start DL'n the client.

It wasn't really that difficult to find either.

We've know about this happening since June of last year, if you chose not to check in every once in a while to see if there were any updates, how is that PWE's fault???
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 03-09-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Rihannsu
# 350
03-09-2013, 09:44 PM
i totally missed the first beta weekend test, shows you how much i care for something UNRELATED to what i paid for. ill most likely forget when the next round of beta test is too and miss that as well LOL. Wanna give me a perk, give me a ground vehicle or give me extra doff assignment slots, now thats a perk, access to a game that has nothing to do with STO, NOT A PERK. i guess its a perk if you like to spend 200-300 on one game so you can get beta tests on others, which makes no sense at all