Commander
# 11
03-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
These weapons are intended to be MK XI, the same as the other highest-end weapons in the Dilithium store.
We'll be fixing the error that is giving these incorrect stats sometime soon. Sorry for the inconvenience to those of you who has already purchased these.

Edit: Removed off-topic information. This will be discussed elsewhere.
No offense, but...why?

Why not just raise the Diltihium cost and keep these there?
Career Officer
# 12
03-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
These weapons are intended to be MK XI,
why?
what are you holding the XII versions back for?
is there an Andorian Reputation system planned? or a Fleet Holding that hands out Andorian stuff?

i really see no reason to release these and then only hand out XI versions.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
03-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Could you fix it in the same update you fix the cloaking bug? That'd be the nice thing to do, after all.
Is int it what you call "bate and switch" tactics?
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
03-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Could you fix it in the same update you fix the cloaking bug? That'd be the nice thing to do, after all.
Wrong remove.
Captain
# 15
03-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
These weapons are intended to be MK XI, the same as the other highest-end weapons in the Dilithium store.
We'll be fixing the error that is giving these incorrect stats sometime soon. Sorry for the inconvenience to those of you who has already purchased these.

I can imagine some unhappy backlash over that..

But in fairness access to mxii great equipment for that dilithium price and not exactly high required effort? sounds fair
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 16
03-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
I can imagine some unhappy backlash over that..

But in fairness access to mxii great equipment for that dilithium price and not exactly high required effort? sounds fair
I really don't want them to touch the weapons. But I can't really come up with much of an argument about it.

I was just hoping they'd take their usual time and due diligence in responding to this bug that they do quite a few other bugs.

And while I appreciate the idea that was edited out of the post (adding Mk XII's in somehow), I fear it'll just be a Lobi store addition. Which I can't really get excited about.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 17
03-09-2013, 12:25 PM
The Dilithium store isn't intended to carry the best equipment in the game. These items were priced as Mark XI items - similar to the other gear already available in the Dilithium store. The incorrect stats were a bug, and I apologize if people bought them based on that bug.

As a general rule, we try to keep our endgame equipment in endgame systems, such as the Fleet system and the various Reputation systems.

We'd like to have higher-end Andorian weapons available as well, and we're currently discussing the best way to make those available to players.
Rihannsu
# 18
03-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Well the thing is, you can get Mk XII Fleet weapons with 4 mods that cost 10k Dilithium and 20k FC.

Of course its [Dmg]x3 and another mod of choice, there is Elite but its [Dmg]x2 and [SHeal] and another mod of choice, likely more expensive but hey T5? not anytime soon to check costs.

You know, pre-Season 6 the Dilithium store had its place but right now with Blue Mk XI its a waste of Dilithium outside one thing, Spinal Wave Disruptors as even Hangars were upgraded and put on the Fleet Store.

Quote:
As a general rule, we try to keep our endgame equipment in endgame systems, such as the Fleet system and the various Reputation systems.
OK as a general rule but there are exceptions, notable the already mentioned Spinal Wave Disruptors and also the Quad DHCs.

The Spinals are Lock box ship and Quads from Zen Store ships but the fact remains they exist, I could add the Aux DHCs from the Vesta and the Wide Launcher from the Assault Cruiser Refit.

The Mk XI were not added as a upgrade for the Mk X common Andorian Phaser weapons that comes with the Andorian ships? if so why is a upgrade that us not "endgame"? by making it Mk XI blue its made redundant and not a upgrade but rather a waste of Dilithium.

Also its locked, I cannot buy those weapons as I cannot buy the Spinal Wave Disruptors either, the only difference on access is one is a Lock Box ship and the other a Zen Store ship, if they were open then yes ... there would be a point but there is a 2500 Zen entry fee to unlock then, also even at Mk XII levels with 3 mods they would be "not end gear" because Fleet Weapons come with 4 mods.

And yes, I understand Spinal Wave Disruptors are supposed to be a replacer since the Galor comes with 4 of then by default but doesnt really change its endgame gear on pair if not superior to Fleet Weapons, its only access cost that differs.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 03-09-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Career Officer
# 19
03-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:

but why they cost so much for 11 once we hit RA upper half or MG we get 12 so why not bump up to 12 any way?
Republic Veteran
# 20
03-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
We'd like to have higher-end Andorian weapons available as well, and we're currently discussing the best way to make those available to players.
Simple, an expansion to the reputation system that unlocks gear for sub-factions within the characters own main faction. Vulcan, Andorian, Caitian ect weapons for the Federation, as well as gear (and maybe even a ship at the end). For the KDF Gorn, Orion, Ferasan, and other fringe elements. All wrapped up into a main faction reputation system that grants unique weapons from the factions that make up the main faction.

We have nothing. Nothing but our anger. We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!