Captain
# 21
03-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
We'd like to have higher-end Andorian weapons available as well, and we're currently discussing the best way to make those available to players.
Just don't put it in the lobi store. Please. Some other way. The Andorian ships aren't lockbox ships so the lobi store would be odd.
Captain
# 22
03-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
The Dilithium store isn't intended to carry the best equipment in the game. These items were priced as Mark XI items - similar to the other gear already available in the Dilithium store. The incorrect stats were a bug, and I apologize if people bought them based on that bug.

As a general rule, we try to keep our endgame equipment in endgame systems, such as the Fleet system and the various Reputation systems.

We'd like to have higher-end Andorian weapons available as well, and we're currently discussing the best way to make those available to players.
A bit more variety wouldn't hurt.
The reputation system just offers Plasma weapons, OMEGA store offers just some torpedoes and the Borg cutting beam, i hope some more diversity is in the making.
Since it is the KDF/Starfleet store, Phaser and disruptors should be availlable.

Not everyone is part of a big T4 or T5 fleet.
But why am i writing this, no one is listenting anyway...

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

The "TT and/or AtB less builds" - Thread
Career Officer
# 23
03-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
The Dilithium store isn't intended to carry the best equipment in the game. These items were priced as Mark XI items - similar to the other gear already available in the Dilithium store. The incorrect stats were a bug, and I apologize if people bought them based on that bug.

As a general rule, we try to keep our endgame equipment in endgame systems, such as the Fleet system and the various Reputation systems.

As a developer myself... the real questions that beg to be answered here are:

1. Why did you not have this conversation before you released these in the first place?
2. Why were they released with a bug or error or miss information (place whatever word you need here)?

As a development team with 3 years into a project, how are you letting these issues get on production servers? Have you just thrown testing out the window? Is one guy just doing whatever he wants and you all wake up and find new ships flying around the server?

Eisaak
Captain
# 24
03-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
and I apologize if people bought them based on that bug.
so do we get a refund due to the bug ? , cause I would have purchased fleet weapons instead if we don't
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
03-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
These weapons are intended to be MK XI, the same as the other highest-end weapons in the Dilithium store.
We'll be fixing the error that is giving these incorrect stats sometime soon. Sorry for the inconvenience to those of you who has already purchased these.

Edit: Removed off-topic information. This will be discussed elsewhere.
Wow, so glad I didn't bother to waste dilithium on these then.

Seriously, at Mk11, these need to be halved in dilithium value

lol, you could not make this stuff up, its gold!

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day

Last edited by sunfrancks; 03-09-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
03-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:

I'm calling you out on this.

Spiral Wave disruptors are powerful beyond belief. Where are they bought from? Yes, that's right, the dilithium store. "But you need the Galor to buy them", you say. Yes, you also need the Andorian ship to buy the Andorian weapons.

How am I responsible for your error? Why should I get my stuff nerfed because one of your people didn't do their job correctly? Your employee should be sanctioned for their error, not the gaming community.

I look forward to loathing Cryptic for the impending nerfing of my Andorian weapons. Weapons that cost me dilithium. Which I obtained using zen. Which I paid money for. Money I wouldn't have spent if this was made known earlier. Money which I feel Cryptic has obtained using deception.
Lieutenant
# 27
03-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Well that's what i get for trying to keep my Andorian ship canon. All that dil I wasted. Normally i'd be angry, but considering all the other past things I've bought that later was nerfed all I really feel is disappointment. My fault for rushing out and getting new shinys. Never again Cryptic never again.
Career Officer
# 28
03-09-2013, 08:39 PM
simple thing is if this was in a high street store your would be/could be sued under the trades discription act but as we all know online game companys make there own rules up as they go along cos they are not policed, i cant wait for the day they are policed cos gone will be the days of you treating your customers like crap and ripped them off, you will have to do your jobs properly and actully work for your wages, if you sold these weapons with MKXII stats then keep them as that but dont take peoples money then tell them you made a mistake cos thats the act of a coward and theif
Ensign
# 29
03-10-2013, 12:31 AM
What a nonsense. If this weapon would not have mk xii stats, I would certainly not bought them just for the blue sfx. So any chance we can get a refund for the in my case 113100 wasted dilithium on the weapons?

Oh and about the endgame stuff, you know that you can buy MK XII weapons easily in the exchange.
Lieutenant
# 30
03-10-2013, 12:59 AM
I'd also like a dil refund in the amount of 113,100. The stats are what made me make the six figure dil investment. If the weapons are bugged I don't remember seeing a notice written by Cryptic stating as such.