Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 664
# 11
03-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlim View Post
Well, i did, and recently people argued that escorts are better than cruisers as they underpowered and i kinda started to change to escorts. i think i might choose defiant class
So you changed your mind based on people arguing. Did cruisers seem underpowered to you before or after you heard people complaining about them?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 86
# 12
03-09-2013, 01:53 PM
i am using a mirror universe prometheus class and it work better for me then a defiant class did. and yes i have tried the defiant and it did not work for me

Last edited by carter60; 03-09-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 61
# 13
03-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacsheadroom View Post
So you changed your mind based on people arguing. Did cruisers seem underpowered to you before or after you heard people complaining about them?
well, usually its before but when i see how escorts worked on STFs and PVEs, i started to think whether i get an escort or a cruiser.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,092
# 14
03-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlim View Post
well, usually its before but when i see how escorts worked on STFs and PVEs, i started to think whether i get an escort or a cruiser.
Don't be afraid to experiment though. I kept hearing about how horrible the Galaxy-X was, but once I tried it for myself I discovered I can take on just about anything but a well-built bugship, and that's the most powerful ship in the game! And I haven't looked back since.

I also bought myself a Mirror Vo'quv for the hell of it this morning and I've been having a lot of fun sicking my minions on things.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 15
03-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlim View Post
well, usually its before but when i see how escorts worked on STFs and PVEs, i started to think whether i get an escort or a cruiser.
At this point, you're probably better off with an escort. You can always go back later and get a cruiser just for fun or if they ever change things.

Of the two you're looking at, I'd recommend the MVAE. It's pretty lethal and has a lot of flexibility in how you set up its consoles and BOFF slots.

It's a pretty good ship. And if you ever get a chance to snag the fleet version, it's even better.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 796
# 16
03-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacsheadroom View Post
I already suspect the answer to this, but I want to know:

As an engineer captain why don't you try out a cruiser?
Just because you are an Engineering Captain does not mean you need to captain a cruiser. just like if you are a Tactical captain, you don't have to fly escorts. An Engy Captain in an escort can manage power levels better and still keep a decent DPS out, and they can survive bigger hits.

Mix matching ships and captains leads to interesting play styles and outcomes. Don't pigeonhole someone based on there shirt color.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 61
# 17
03-15-2013, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
Just because you are an Engineering Captain does not mean you need to captain a cruiser. just like if you are a Tactical captain, you don't have to fly escorts. An Engy Captain in an escort can manage power levels better and still keep a decent DPS out, and they can survive bigger hits.

Mix matching ships and captains leads to interesting play styles and outcomes. Don't pigeonhole someone based on there shirt color.
I agree, a lot of people thinks that engineering captains uses cruisers. Escort with engineering captains like ship with good healing and pack of punch.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 240
# 18
03-15-2013, 04:30 AM
All my toons used the MVAE for months (before the 10 consoles ships started coming out). The first thing I did was bank the MV console. Don't need to separate for manueverability and the sections you aren't in control of act like drunken sailors. I chose the MVAE over Defiant based on the Lcmdr Sci. In Stfs Grav Well is great for coraling the pesky spheres/probes for easy kills.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:23 AM.