Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,284
# 5651
03-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Deep in republic space the massive carrier slowly travels through space. As tap stands aboard the bridge looking out at readouts and scanning information. It has been relitvily 'alm for now.

Meanwhile

Jacob: Roland what was in common with all those killed.

Roland: nothing other then they progresses in rank.

Jacob: what would the current.rank be if we followed that assumption.

Roland: it would be ....... I believe a commander.

Jacob: send me a list of our commanders location. Feed it directly to my suits grid.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,402
# 5652
03-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*An Iconian Mothership gates in in front of the Transport, raising shields and locking weapons.*

Taragi *Over comm*: This is First Commander Taragi of the Iconian Command Ship Dor'kat'a! You are ordered to surrender your vessel and prepare to be boarded by order of Iconian High Command! This is your only warning!

Federation Vessel! Your presence here is not required! We have the situation under control!
OOC: I'm not quite sure if the first paragraph is talking to the transport or Voporak, but from the second one it looks like the first is to the transport.

*The Phantom decloaks, as obviously there is no point remaining cloaked.*

Voporak: Excuse me, First Commander, I'm terribly sorry to have intruded on family issues. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way.

*The Phantom comes about 180? and jumps to warp, recloaking a few moments later*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,763
# 5653
03-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
OOC: I'm not quite sure if the first paragraph is talking to the transport or Voporak, but from the second one it looks like the first is to the transport.

*The Phantom decloaks, as obviously there is no point remaining cloaked.*

Voporak: Excuse me, First Commander, I'm terribly sorry to have intruded on family issues. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way.

*The Phantom comes about 180? and jumps to warp, recloaking a few moments later*
OOC: The first paragraph was directed at the Transport. The second one was to Voporak.

*Taragi's ship moves in closer to the transport. The Transport drops shields so Taragi's men can beam aboard.

Transport Cargo Bay. A detail of Iconian Soldiers from the Dor'kat'a are searching the bay, analysing the equipment the Transport was carrying.*

Soldier 1: Power Couplings, plasma manifolds, Zeta infusers...

All Iconian in origin, sir.

Taragi *Over comm.*: Team 4, bring me the Transport Captain. I want to know where these supplies were headed.

Team 1, continue your sweep.

Soldier 1: Understood.

*He comes to a crate, which is humming slightly.*

Sir, we've come across a crate of equipment, which appears to be active.

Taragi *Over comm*: Let me hear it.

*The tone becomes louder and louder.*

Transporter Room, get them out! NOW!

*The Transport explodes, with the blast and debris damaging the Dor'kat'a. Two Iconian Cruisers gate in and lock onto the Dor'kat'a.

Dor'kat'a bridge. Taragi stares out the bridge windows as he watches the Cruisers close in.*

Taragi: They were waiting for us. This was a trap.

Call for reinforcements!

Female Iconian Commander *Over comm*: I.C.S. Dor'kat'a, this is Commander Sarana of the TRUE Iconian Warship Tal'maan. We have locked on and are prepared to use deadly force!

Taragi: Sarana? You would betray your own people?! You would MURDER your own people?!

Sarana *Over comm*: You have 60 seconds to decide. Surrender... or die.

Taragi: I do not require ONE, Sarana!

Weapons batteries! FIRE!

RAISE SHIELDS!

*The Dor'kat'a's shields come online as her main battery fires on Sarana's Cruiser. Both cruisers commence firing on Taragi's vessel. The second cruiser is stormed with secondary beam fire while the Dor'kat'a is hammered by Zeta Torpedoes and the Main Batteries of the Cruisers.

The Black Phantom hears the Dor'kat'a's distress signal.*
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,402
# 5654
03-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
OOC: The first paragraph was directed at the Transport. The second one was to Voporak.

*Taragi's ship moves in closer to the transport. The Transport drops shields so Taragi's men can beam aboard.

Transport Cargo Bay. A detail of Iconian Soldiers from the Dor'kat'a are searching the bay, analysing the equipment the Transport was carrying.*

Soldier 1: Power Couplings, plasma manifolds, Zeta infusers...

All Iconian in origin, sir.

Taragi *Over comm.*: Team 4, bring me the Transport Captain. I want to know where these supplies were headed.

Team 1, continue your sweep.

Soldier 1: Understood.

*He comes to a crate, which is humming slightly.*

Sir, we've come across a crate of equipment, which appears to be active.

Taragi *Over comm*: Let me hear it.

*The tone becomes louder and louder.*

Transporter Room, get them out! NOW!

*The Transport explodes, with the blast and debris damaging the Dor'kat'a. Two Iconian Cruisers gate in and lock onto the Dor'kat'a.

Dor'kat'a bridge. Taragi stares out the bridge windows as he watches the Cruisers close in.*

Taragi: They were waiting for us. This was a trap.

Call for reinforcements!

Female Iconian Commander *Over comm*: I.C.S. Dor'kat'a, this is Commander Sarana of the TRUE Iconian Warship Tal'maan. We have locked on and are prepared to use deadly force!

Taragi: Sarana? You would betray your own people?! You would MURDER your own people?!

Sarana *Over comm*: You have 60 seconds to decide. Surrender... or die.

Taragi: I do not require ONE, Sarana!

Weapons batteries! FIRE!

RAISE SHIELDS!

*The Dor'kat'a's shields come online as her main battery fires on Sarana's Cruiser. Both cruisers commence firing on Taragi's vessel. The second cruiser is stormed with secondary beam fire while the Dor'kat'a is hammered by Zeta Torpedoes and the Main Batteries of the Cruisers.

The Black Phantom hears the Dor'kat'a's distress signal.*
Voporak: Full stop. Take us back there. Hail Taragi.

*A channel is opened to the Dor'kat'a*

I am prepared to transport you or anyone else off your ship, Commander, but engaging both of those cruisers would be suicide. I am en route to your location now, if you want an emergency beam out, send me your coordinates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,763
# 5655
03-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Voporak: Full stop. Take us back there. Hail Taragi.

*A channel is opened to the Dor'kat'a*

I am prepared to transport you or anyone else off your ship, Commander, but engaging both of those cruisers would be suicide. I am en route to your location now, if you want an emergency beam out, send me your coordinates.
Taragi: Admiral, your ship will be too nimble for their Main Weapons! Your recent upgrades may allow us to at least stand a chance of victory!

I have reinforcements en route, but they're 10 minutes away!

Admiral, please! My crew cannot evacuate with our shields up, and your vessel cannot hold all of us!

Black Phantom, we NEED your support!
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,402
# 5656
03-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Taragi: Admiral, your ship will be too nimble for their Main Weapons! Your recent upgrades may allow us to at least stand a chance of victory!

I have reinforcements en route, but they're 10 minutes away!

Admiral, please! My crew cannot evacuate with our shields up, and your vessel cannot hold all of us!

Black Phantom, we NEED your support!
*Voporak thinks for a moment, because it will be a direct violation of his orders*

Voporak: Charge all weapons, load torpedo bays, route auxiliary power to the engines. Attack pattern Omega Six.

*The Phantom drops out of warp and maneuvers through the chaos of weapons. It begins firing at the first cruiser*

Voporak: Target their weapon systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,763
# 5657
03-10-2013, 10:17 AM
*Deneb Sector. Another Iconian Convoy is passing through the Sector as a fleet of Warships led by the I.C.S. Dor'kon moves to intercept it. As they approach, the transports vanish, revealed as holograms, while the Escorts remain. A fleet of Iconian Frigates, Cruisers, and Motherships Gate in in formation with the Escorts, locking onto the Intercept Forces.*

Iconian Commander *Over comm*: This is Commander Toroga of the Tru Iconian Warship Der'vis'an to I.C.S. Dor'kon. Surrender or be destroyed!

Solara *Over comm*: This is Second Commander Solara of the Iconian 3rd Fleet to Renegade Vessels! We do not surrender. You are committing a direct act of Treason against the Iconian High Command! You will surrender at once!

*I.C.S. Dor'kon. Second Commander Solara stares at the incoming Rebel Fleet. Her face is filled with apprehension of what she may be about to do.*

Solara: Do not force us to engage your ships, Toroga. With the exception of recent weeks, no Iconian has killed another in 500,000 years. Don't force me to do this.

Tech: They've broken off contact. Enemy Fighters have locked on! Orders?

Solara: Dor'kon to all ships! Intercept enemy craft and engage! I repeat, fire at will!

All batteries... fire.

*The two fleets move within firing range of eachother and begin attacking eachother. The Frigates either strafe the Enemy Motherships or engage the enemy strafers. The Cruisers support the Motherships with fire against strafing fighters and frigates. The Motherships duel against one another.*

OOC: The Frigates have 3 Secondary Antimatter Beam arrays (one Forward, one Aft, and one on the belly) as well as one Zeta Torpedo Launcher, capable of firing 2 torpedoes at a time.

The Fighters have 2 Antimatter Cannons and a single micro-Zeta Torpedo Launcher.
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,537
# 5658
03-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Sam: Agreed, on all points.

Ensign Lopez, I want you to have a full security sweep done on every member of the crew.

Lopez: Captain, you're talking about 1500 people! Only 30% of the crew is made up of Security Personnel, who are going to have to undergo checks as well.

Sam: Use whatever resources you need, but I want it done by the end of tomorrow.

Lieutenant T'mar, I want more Security posted at the Airlocks - particularly those on Deck 5.

T'mar: Understood.

Sam: Dana, work with Doctor Andrews. I want a way to detect those aliens as soon as possible.

Dana: Right.

Sam: Commander Mitchell, how long can we remain out of dock?

Mitchell: We have enough rations to last a year, and the Power generation systems will keep the replicators going, but the warp core will need another Dilithium Crystal replacement in 2 months. We are on our last crystal in the Core as it is.

Sam: Without the Core?

Mitchell: The Fusion Reactors can power the critical systems, with the Auxiliary Batteries and MAMs powering the non-essentials, but the Reactors will need servicing in 6 months, or we'll have a radiation hazard.

Bottom line, I'd say we can remain independent for 6 months, at most.

Sam: That should be plenty of time to find Daro.

Doctor Andrews, I want your staff prepared to conduct every medical test you can come up with on the entire crew as they leave Security.

Andrews: I'll have Doctor Mamora make the arrangements.

Sam: Commander, we need someone on DS61 to explain the situation and keep them up to date. Once you've been cleared by Security and Doctor Andrews, beam over to the Station and work with Commander Samson there.

David: Understood.

Sam: Lieutenant Danvers, you'll have to handle bridge operations when I'm off duty until then. Think you can handle it?

Ops (Lt John Danvers): Yes, ma'am.

Sam: Alright. Everyone save Admiral Allen and Agent Hawk, dismissed.

*Everyone else walks out, leaving James, Sam, and Hawk alone in the Situation Room.*

James' before you say anything, I know the precautions we're taking against those aliens aren't a lot, but we don't have enough data. If you could ask Damon to work with Dana and Doctor Andrews, it would be a great help.

Besides, we don't even know for sure that there IS another infiltrator on the ship.

Hawk, is there anything else about Daro I should know? Anything that might have changed since Solais?

Hawk: Not a lot. She's been on the run from both the Preston Republic, and the Rebel factions since her escape.
James: He has filled in Dr. Mamora and myself... He mentioned that they were like a hive mind but still retained individuality just shared who they collected.. But he did mention whistling that would make them lose their copied form... Though he did not know the frequency and doubted that we could replicate it... Unless we could capture one of the masters... I am all for a vivisection to find out more... This is a time of extremis and we are not sure how many are out here...

*His thoughts race at a fast pace that he can utterly control.*

I would think that the they are a kind of advance force, securing a foothold in this galaxy...

I would believe that they consider select people here as a very strong threat against them... Myself included on that hit list, perhaps Preston himself.. the vanguard... and the Republic Admiralty might be compromised it would explain a lot...

Last edited by chrisedallen89; 03-10-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,763
# 5659
03-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
*Voporak thinks for a moment, because it will be a direct violation of his orders*

Voporak: Charge all weapons, load torpedo bays, route auxiliary power to the engines. Attack pattern Omega Six.

*The Phantom drops out of warp and maneuvers through the chaos of weapons. It begins firing at the first cruiser*

Voporak: Target their weapon systems.
*With the Black Phantom's assistance, the Dor'kat'a is able to refocus it's attention on the Second Cruiser, which has managed to get too close for comfort. The Dor'kat'a brings its Main Antimatter Battery to bear before firing at near-point blank range. The cruiser loses shields but the First Cruiser gets a hit on the Dor'kat'a, dropping her shields as well.

Both cruisers begin firing Zeta Torpedoes into the Dor'kat'a, shedding her armour and causing hull breaches.

(Bear in mind, the Iconian Mothership is HUGE, even compared to the Scimitar. In fact, they're three times the size of a Scimitar. That's a lot of armour, a lot of hull, and a lot of crew (over 7000), so it can take one hell of a pounding. That's one of the reasons this ship has such a massive bridge. The ship is so large, that the crew has to operate the weapons in teams. One crewman will handle each weapon, and a full team handles infra-ship comms. The ship even needs multiple helm officers during docking manoeuvres!

Now, that might seem like a disadvantage, but in reality, it means the crew must work in constant tandem with eachother, which enforces teamwork and contributes to the sense of brother/sisterhood that exists between Iconians.)

The Dor'kat'a fires all weapons on both ships, taking care not to hit the Black Phantom, before the First Cruiser loses shields. However, the Constant Fire from the First Cruiser's Main Battery (i.e. 2 shots. Remember, there's a much longer recharge on that thing for the Cruisers than the Mothership.) causes a major hull breach in the side of the ship.

Dor'kat'a Bridge. Sparks are flying as Taragi looks at the Holo-screen showing the First Cruiser attacking.*

Tech: We have fires on decks 78 and 79! Hull breach on Decks 12 through 27, Port Aft sections Gamma through Zeta!

We have lost Secondary Beam banks 28A through 29C!

Taragi: Bring us around! Target their engines!

Tech 2: Targeting Engines!

Tech 3: Coming about!

*The Dor'kat'a brings her bow to face the first Cruiser, and fires her Main Battery and Zeta Torpedoes.

They rip into the cruiser, disabling her as the Main Battery's blast rips off her drive section.

The Dor'kat'a then focuses all fire on the Second Cruiser, firing her main battery and tearing the cruiser in two.*

OOC: Also, the cruisers are the same size as an Odyssey.

Be assured, if the Black Phantom hadn't arrived and/or Taragi wasn't in Command of that ship, the two Cruisers would have been able to destroy the Dor'kat'a, or at the very least, cripple her.

However, the damage done is still heavy. Taragi wouldn't send the Dor'kat'a into battle with that much hull damage. The particular area hit also leads to the Warp Engines and Gate-Drive, so power to those systems has been halved until a bypass is set up.

But, the Dor'kat'a is still capable of star flight.
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,402
# 5660
03-10-2013, 11:07 AM
*The Phantom flies up beside the Dor'kat'a, just a tiny speck next to it*

Voporak: We've got no major damage over here, Commander. Is there anything else I can do to assist you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:42 AM.