Captain
# 11
03-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
When they revamped the Gorn, there were a lot of players asking the Devs to keep the old ones in as a female option.
Thats ok as long as no one makes gornography.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 12
03-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
Thats ok as long as no one makes gornography.
Caligornication...

Oh, lord, someone stop me...

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 13
03-18-2013, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Caligornication...

Oh, lord, someone stop me...
These puns, oh how Gorny.

Seriously, any devs? Anywhere? I want my TOS Lizard Men!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 14
03-20-2013, 04:19 PM
I agree. It was a major foul when the old school Gorn were completely removed. Both should be avalable. If the issues stems from parts not being compatable, then simple make it an either/or option similar to the uniform/off-duty restrictions
Captain
# 15
03-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
I agree. It was a major foul when the old school Gorn were completely removed. Both should be avalable. If the issues stems from parts not being compatable, then simple make it an either/or option similar to the uniform/off-duty restrictions
They're not completely removed. There are a handful of NPC's and a couple of player skins exist (that's what inspired this thread in fact). So they're still in the code, we're just locked out of them.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 16
03-25-2013, 07:02 PM
I still have some V1 Gorn, though one got upgraded when I had to help train someone's BOFF.

While I'm more use to the new Gorn, it still reminds me of Godzilla (the one with Mathew Broderic). But I will admit, a ton better than JJ's Gorn.

In Enterprise, they admitted wanting to establish different types of Gorn, so wish they kept the TOS ones as they introduced the new Gorn.
Captain
# 17
03-25-2013, 07:48 PM
That's what I was thinking STOs Gorns have the Gozilla look of a big snout with the eyes on the side. I wouldn't mind eyes facing forward like predators but surely nobody is asking for the obvious guy in a rubber suit look of the TOS Gorn. And JJ's Gorns? No just no, this is Star Trek not Jurassic Park on acid.
Career Officer
# 18
03-25-2013, 08:17 PM
That is one aspect of the newest Trek game to come along that bugs the crap outta me...

Why do they always think that they have to make it look 'better'?

The original Gorn just needed to have the 'rubber suit' aspect taken away...

Not be completely redesigned.

I'm not a Trek Purist by any stretch of the imagination...

But for some reason this new take on the Gorn doesn't appeal to me at all.

I doubt I'll be trying that game till it hits the $9 dollar bargain bin.

(I'm not all that crazy about the "Nu-Godzilla" Gorn here either)

(though, I did enjoy the "Nu-Godzilla" movie... go figure)

<shrug>
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 03-25-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Captain
# 19
03-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
That's what I was thinking STOs Gorns have the Gozilla look of a big snout with the eyes on the side. I wouldn't mind eyes facing forward like predators but surely nobody is asking for the obvious guy in a rubber suit look of the TOS Gorn. And JJ's Gorns? No just no, this is Star Trek not Jurassic Park on acid.
Ya the Gorn, like the Caitians just look like Cryptic's own creation not the on screen version. I still like the new orn thouh but I want the old ones too. Has anyone tried just sharing the costume jpegs? You can share all your tailor settings that way.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 03-25-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-26-2013, 11:58 AM
I always thought the new Gorn appearance looked more like the TOS Gorn.
The old Gorn model to me I see as really being akin to the ENT Gorn, actually.
Plus, it could use a texture update! That thing looks like a low poly count model.

Last edited by daroska; 03-26-2013 at 12:28 PM.