Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,300
# 1691
03-07-2013, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Like five minutes ago

Five of us warp in. AFKer@notanactualhandle scoots to the other side of the planet. Brutus@notarealhandleeither says Hi. And nothing else for the whole game. Two other guys who I will call Time@Traveler and Useless@Cruiser are there. For a moment anyway. Time@Traveler decides to leap into the future instead.

The three of us muddle through the cube and spheres. Very slowly. Joy.

I suggest the three of us go over to AFKer and troll him/her, but nobody responds. Okay, we'll muddle through this. All the while Useless is proving to be useless, unable to heal himself, let alone myself or Brutus.

After what feels like forever after botching 10%, we blow the first transformer. Lo and behold, Time@Traveler emerges from his temporal rift to help us right about now. Things go better from here.

We finish the game. I call AFKer@notanactualhandle a limp-d*** pea-brained AFKing halfwit. He responds "Get some anger management, it's only a game" and links a Mk XII Tetryon Turret with crap modifiers as a sorry attempt to rub it in. I attempt to retort "Most people who play games, play them." but he's ignored me (rightfully, admittedly) by that point.


Slightly related: If you're ever in an STF with me, @Jexsam, and we get an AFKer, feel free to join me in AFKing with them specifically to spite them. Bring fireworks if you can. Trolololololo~
Really hope I DO encounter you in-game; you sound like a blast to 'work' alongside!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 296
# 1692
03-10-2013, 04:33 AM
Most recent experiences, all elite space pugs:

Khit Accord - some random assault cruiser, my recluse with reman/romulan setup, some 3 guys I didn't actually see. I sat on right probes, killed the gens closer to portal, cruiser guy helped with the cube, and we killed the trans. Than I told the cruiser guy to kill gens on the other side and pull the cube to me. That went smooth. Suddenly a cube from other side wandered to me and I ha to pop it. Cruiser guy was killing the far trans, and we managed to kill the gate in reasonable time. Other 3 guys on left side were killed repeatedly and let 9 probes pass...

Infected, optional done, 7:50 left on the clock.

Than Khitomer, one guy stayed dead for more than 10 minutes. I wrote something like "do something or you will be reported as non-participant". He spawned, got killed twice, and ran over 50 km away form action... we managed to finish it, but no optional.

Cure, we warp in and some guy asks who will guard kang. Instead of responding I zoom forward in my escort and kill right bops. Then I move to middle cube and I see a sci ship ignoring bops and shooting at probes. After dispatching bops myself I ask the guy why wasn't he shooting them. "But I was". Yes, he killed bops so hard that they were shooting Kang. Second guy wrote to me " why don't you guard it then you can do such a great Fing job". Third guy: "if your not happy do it yourself". After killing one probe I look back and see left bops torping Kang. Yes, left bops from initial spawn. Both wiseguys were dead, killed by left side initial spawn. I blurted something about them killed by one-shot bops and chose leaver penalty. When I appeared back at ESD, one of them messaged me (with smile) "yeah not in my cruser so its hard to stay alive".
This one took a bit over 2 minutes...
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"

Last edited by notoryczny; 03-10-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,144
# 1693
03-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoryczny View Post
Most recent experiences, all elite space pugs:

Khit Accord - some random assault cruiser, my recluse with reman/romulan setup, some 3 guys I didn't actually see. I sat on right probes, killed the gens closer to portal, cruiser guy helped with the cube, and we killed the trans. Than I told the cruiser guy to kill gens on the other side and pull the cube to me. That went smooth. Suddenly a cube from other side wandered to me and I ha to pop it. Cruiser guy was killing the far trans, and we managed to kill the gate in reasonable time. Other 3 guys on left side were killed repeatedly and let 9 probes pass...

Infected, optional done, 7:50 left on the clock.

Than Khitomer, one guy stayed dead for more than 10 minutes. I wrote something like "do something or you will be reported as non-participant". He spawned, got killed twice, and ran over 50 km away form action... we managed to finish it, but no optional.

Cure, we warp in and some guy asks who will guard kang. Instead of responding I zoom forward in my escort and kill right bops. Then I move to middle cube and I see a sci ship ignoring bops and shooting at probes. After dispatching bops myself I ask the guy why wasn't he shooting them. "But I was". Yes, he killed bops so hard that they were shooting Kang. Second guy wrote to me " why don't you guard it then you can do such a great Fing job". Third guy: "if your not happy do it yourself". After killing one probe I look back and see left bops torping Kang. Yes, left bops from initial spawn. Both wiseguys were dead, killed by left side initial spawn. I blurted something about them killed by one-shot bops and chose leaver penalty. When I appeared back at ESD, one of them messaged me (with smile) "yeah not in my cruser so its hard to stay alive".
This one took a bit over 2 minutes...
"Execute for Incompetence"^^
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 1694 Oh Goodie. Again.
03-10-2013, 12:45 PM
There I was...

ISN PUG.

I warp in and say 'HI' as usual.

No responce.

The entry kills go well but I see everyone but me has Rainbow/Technicolor beams so I instantly know there will be problems.

I start on generator at side one and kill it almost instantly.

I start on a second and watch for the spawn from the gate.

I kill #2 and head to the Gate since I see nobody else has.

I kill a nanite sphere and a probe and head back to kill #3.

I see that all 4 other ships are trying to kill a regular Sphere.

I type, 'someone want to help out killing the nodes?'

No responce.

I buzz back to the gate and kill the nanites coming through.

I buzz back and kill node #4 and start on the Generator.

I see more nanites coming through.

The other four are focused on regular Spheres which aren't dieing very fast at all.

I fly back and kill more nanites.

I type in big letters, 'KILL THE NANITES FIRST!!'

I fly back and work on the generator some more.

All four are still trying to kill Regular Spheres.

I fly back and kill another nanite.

Too late, it heals the Generator.

Someone calls me a NOOBE for losing the optional.

I type, 'whatever.'

He types again, 'You have to kill the SPHERES or they will heal the generator.'

I type, 'ROFLMAO. Go read the forums dumXXXXX You might learn something.'

He types, 'I've never read the forums and I'm not going to start now, NOOBE!.'

I type again, 'ROFLMAO. You'd have to learn to read first.'

I continued the mission and finished it while the other four struggled with whatever they were shooting at.

Nothing else was said. (Darn it.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 199
# 1695
03-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post

I start on generator at side one and kill it almost instantly.


Looks like you just contributed to the failure.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 1696
03-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erocker View Post


Looks like you just contributed to the failure.
Oh yea? How?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,075
# 1697
03-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
Oh yea? How?
10% rule ignored, most likely
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 199
# 1698
03-10-2013, 02:07 PM
I did forget though, that if this was a normal STF and not Elite, it is common practice not to use the "10%" rule.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 227
# 1699
03-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erocker View Post
I did forget though, that if this was a normal STF and not Elite, it is common practice not to use the "10%" rule.
Yeah if you have a decent enough team in the "normal" version you don't really have to worry about the 10% rule. It's nice when people do it, but not neccessary as long as people pay enough attention to deal with the nanites before they get too close. However I've been in plenty of PuGs lately where people seem to just totally ignore anything that comes out of the gate, last night had a guy in his cruiser just run off to the other transformer all by himself and attempt to take it down on his own in his skittle boat. We clean up the left one with no issues and look down and see the optional has been failed, sure enough he had blown a couple of generators and was just parked over the transformer spamming BFAW with his skittle boat and completely ignoring the nanites that had spawned.

I think there needs to be an STF academy where the game forces you to run them all and show enough aptitude at doing them before you're allowed to participate in them for Omega rewards.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 1700
03-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashuk2381 View Post
Yeah if you have a decent enough team in the "normal" version you don't really have to worry about the 10% rule. It's nice when people do it, but not neccessary as long as people pay enough attention to deal with the nanites before they get too close.
I'm still laughing from the first responce.

But then I've seen lots of dopes screaming '10% Rule 10% Rule' in Infected Space Normals.

The 10% rule isn't at all needed in a Infected Space Normal. One well equiped ship (Not a Rainbow/Technicolor ship) can easily keep the Nanites under control long enough for the others to kill the Generator. But like in my post, all too often people are running off shooting all the wrong stuff. I completely ignore regular spheres in the Infected and only kill Nanites until the Generator is dead. Way too many people are obsessed with the regular Spheres.

I've only got about 10,000 Space STF's under my belt and for that dope to call me a Noobe while he's going chasing one Regular Sphere with 4 others ALL with Rainbow/Technicolor beams really peeved me.



Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:06 PM.