Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 154
# 1 Odyssey opinions
03-10-2013, 04:37 PM
I happen to like the looks of the Odyssey. I currently have the zen to buy a single Odyssey but I'm looking a three possible options:

A: Buy a single Odyssey
B: Wait until I have enough zen to get the Odyssey 3-pack
C: Wait until I have enough fleet credits to get the fleet Odyssey

Opinions?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 2
03-10-2013, 06:20 PM
A; Not the best idea.
B: Your best bet.
C: Not nearly as good as the C-store versions. DO NOT GET.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
# 3
03-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Agree. The 3 pack is worth it. The 3 consoles will up the durability, power and will offer different tactical options whether is be the aquarious escort as back up or the full chevron. Just FYI though... I just removed all 3 consoles and replaced them with Eng and Sci consoles and it changes the behavior of the ship (in a good way). Having the set though makes this cruiser a very flexible vessel to fit almost anyones idea of what a cruiser should be like and can fit almost anyones style. I can't find another cruiser out there that makes me feel like a hulking behemoth.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,641
# 4
03-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Despite the fact that the Fleet Odyssey is a fleet ship, it is actually a redone version of the Anniversary Odyssey... the prototype as it were You're better off with the C-Store version(s), trust me.

The consoles are a mixed bag:
* Chevron Seperation sacrifices some of your tanking ability, but it makes the stardrive section much stronger, faster-turning, and generally more awesome in battle.
* Aquarius Escort, while undoubtably a pet that will assist you... currently lacks in the DPS department. But it does have a Point Defense console ability, so it can be used to destroy the targetable torpedoes
* The Worker Bees give your ship a hull heal every once in awhile (under 75% health), easily remove disabled subsystems/engineering debuffs, and can easily be replaced. The only thing that can damage them is AOE abilities (Gravity Well, Fire At Will, Torpedo Spread, etc)

If all three are equipped, you get a small bonus to the Odyssey's base turn rate, a reduction on the console cooldowns, and a few bonuses to the defensive + power transfer stats.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,462
# 5
03-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
* The Worker Bees give your ship a hull heal every once in awhile (under 75% health), easily remove disabled subsystems/engineering debuffs, and can easily be replaced. The only thing that can damage them is AOE abilities (Gravity Well, Fire At Will, Torpedo Spread, etc)
I'd just like to point out that once a worker bee starts repairing (triggered by hull below 75%), it will heal for 10 seconds and then disappear. If you're still below 75%, the next bee will trigger.

It's not a strong heal (mine is rated at 325/second), but the fact that it can potentially have 66% up time (40 seconds of healing for 1 minute cooldown) and doesn't interfere with any other abilities makes it nice in the long run.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,939
# 6
03-11-2013, 03:47 AM
yeah the 3-pack is the way to go here. I use the tac oddy + saucer separation and sometimes the workbees. forget the aquarius.
the science oddy is also worthwhile but the engi version is not suited for this game imho. Nothing will ever come your way in this game that need such a durable setup at the expense of firepower.

as compared to other 3-pack ships the 3 console slot on this ship is the weakest, so don't bother with all 3 consoles.

i think there will be a 20% sale for ships sooner or later...i got my 3-pack during one of these for 4k z-points.
Go pro or go home
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 910
# 7
03-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
yeah the 3-pack is the way to go here. I use the tac oddy + saucer separation and sometimes the workbees. forget the aquarius.
the science oddy is also worthwhile but the engi version is not suited for this game imho. Nothing will ever come your way in this game that need such a durable setup at the expense of firepower.

as compared to other 3-pack ships the 3 console slot on this ship is the weakest, so don't bother with all 3 consoles.

i think there will be a 20% sale for ships sooner or later...i got my 3-pack during one of these for 4k z-points.
Actually the Aquarius is viable as long as it lives through a whole stf.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,449
# 8
03-11-2013, 04:34 PM
They are all great if you get all the consols from the pack and as each has said it is worth it.It is cheap.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 411
# 9
03-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbiehdykeman View Post
I happen to like the looks of the Odyssey. I currently have the zen to buy a single Odyssey but I'm looking a three possible options:

A: Buy a single Odyssey
B: Wait until I have enough zen to get the Odyssey 3-pack
C: Wait until I have enough fleet credits to get the fleet Odyssey

Opinions?
D: Get a Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser or Fleet Assault Cruiser instead.


U.S.S. Mary Celeste
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 246
# 10
03-11-2013, 09:10 PM
3 pack is the way to go witht he ship, but there are better high enc cruiser options in the game. The fleet excelcior is a great ship as is the fleet soviergn. The consoles on the odysey pack are interesting, but nothing game breaking.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:22 PM.